FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tobi Sho-Silva joins on loan

Caley Braveheart

Another midfielder?!

Edit to add: I see some references elsewhere to him being a striker as well, but his career stats seem to be one goal from 20 appearances for Welling Utd. So he's one of those non-scoring forwards that we seem to be so keen on these days.  :shrug:

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 3

Agree Ywingie...looks like an attacking midfielder - cover for Christie, if he's recalled? I don't know what's going on here, but you could argue that Vigurs could stand in if Christie is recalled. So we're still very weak up front and no cover in defence. I don't get it and I'm completely uninspired by the transfer market skills within the club. Given the short contracts everybody is on now, next June will represent a clear-out irrespective of what league we're in- that will really test the negotiating and planning skills within the club - not much hope given this year's debacle.

I can't think of a more disappointing transfer window .At the beginning we lost Shiinnie and Watkins and, at the end we have parted with the best young player ever to come through our ranks and possibly the most promising young midfielder in the league without recruiting the proven goal scorer, or at least experienced  striker we have been so clearly needing since January.

A poor show even by our standards. Can someone please have a word in the manager's ear and tell him that, unlike experienced forwards and a reliable left back, we have plenty of attacking midfielders and our own young forwards short of first team goals and play time. Please stop wasting our limited budget by recruiting more of what we already have.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 4

Poor Ryan Esson as well! He was doing absolutely fine and I bet he was glad to be back in the side only to be replaced by someone we didn't need. 

Why only a loan contract until jan? Is someone suddenly going to become available who we can sign? We need a striker for the season so let's get one. Even if he is in as cover in midfield Doran is out for the full season and Christie may well leave in Jan if Celtic are struggling.

He doesn't even have a wiki page :shrug:

In all seriousness where has this guy been plucked from?  Is it likely that a club our size has paid for a scout to watch this guy before signing him? 

It seems as though we are recruiting through an agency that probably has invested interests in seeing their clients getting game time. 

Hopefully it works out but it just seems like random dross being signed to fill a team sheet ... if we are doing that I'd prefer it was Scottish talent that was getting the chance. 

We need quality over quantity

Hopefully he is reading this and he proves us wrong but based on our previous short term loanees' performances he needs to be special to buck the trend and his track record to date doesn't fill me with hope. Seriously worried about our club's leadership decision making both on and off the field.

• Agree 2

I have kept quiet long enough, I am sick of the doom and gloom merchants telling us how clever they are by telling us our manager is not doing the right things.

Next you will be saying that J H has done nothing for the club. You didn't want him in the first place and now you are ' calling ' him again. Why can't you lay off and give him another chance to prove you wrong and the same goes for our new arrivals, they haven't even unpacked their cases and you are not satisfied with them.

What a welcome what a wonderful impression of our Club and supporters you are giving them.......sad sad sad!

• Agree 7
  • Disagree 1

I have kept quiet long enough, I am sick of the doom and gloom merchants telling us how clever they are by telling us our manager is not doing the right things.

Next you will be saying that J H has done nothing for the club. You didn't want him in the first place and now you are ' calling ' him again. Why can't you lay off and give him another chance to prove you wrong and the same goes for our new arrivals, they haven't even unpacked their cases and you are not satisfied with them.

What a welcome what a wonderful impression of our Club and supporters you are giving them.......sad sad sad!

Theres a fair bit of money recieved by the club in the last 12 months with not very much it seems been re-invested in threadbare squad.

Im not blamin the manager as am pretty sure he will be quietly just as unhappy as most fans are that he's not been backed by the board

This is the worst squad ever now after injuries and at the moment every match day team fills me with fear

Fans turning on each other ceartinly is not the way ahead when for me its Kenny Cameron and his band of merry moneymen that are the real issue, to put it bluntly wheres all the money gone mr Chairman??

• Disagree 3

Och, it's not the way I would have written any of this - but in a sense a lot of this is whip-lash from winning the cup.

Shinnie was away before that, of course - but arguably his desire to leave on a high was the catalyst for such great performances.
Marley Watkin's cup heroics played a part in him attracting a move - doing it in the big games is always going to earn you attention.

I think it's understandable that there is a hangover in terms of performance and motivation after winning almost the biggest prize that the club is likely to be in the running for in the forseeable future
- and just winning silverware is more than a lot of the players in that squad would have ever anticipated doing in the game.

Russell Latapy might have seen it as a sign that he needed to push out and try management, and for both Nick Ross and Ryan Christie, it was a watershed moment.

Hughes has undoubtably played a shorter game in terms of squad management than previously was his style at Falkirk and Hibs - and that's left us in a bit of a mess this season.

Would I trade comfortable mid-table anonymity this season for the Cup? Would you?

JS64952922.jpg

• Agree 3

There was me hoping you might stay quiet for a little longer :smile:

Seriously though, you need a little bit of perspective, there is not a single soul calling for the manager's head as might well have been the case with fans of other clubs. We all give the manager a great deal of credit for, together with Russell Latapy organising the team he inherited so well that we had unprecedented success last season.

However, Russell has gone and that team has lost many of it's key figures and it's no secret that this season has not started well and that few of the new recruits have started the season setting the heather on fire.

I know that expressing concern, even in a constructive way, upsets the 'happy clappers' but doing so simply reflects concern for the club we all love and support and is in no way being disloyal to the team or the manager.

Those of us who voice legitimate fears and concerns will be every bit as delighted as those of you who are never critical at all if and when the team and the manager turns things around but, for now, these concerns remain and the events of the last couple of days have done little to dispel them.

• Agree 5

Och, it's not the way I would have written any of this - but in a sense a lot of this is whip-lash from winning the cup.

Shinnie was away before that, of course - but arguably his desire to leave on a high was the catalyst for such great performances.
Marley Watkin's cup heroics played a part in him attracting a move - doing it in the big games is always going to earn you attention.

I think it's understandable that there is a hangover in terms of performance and motivation after winning almost the biggest prize that the club is likely to be in the running for in the forseeable future
- and just winning silverware is more than a lot of the players in that squad would have ever anticipated doing in the game.

Russell Latapy might have seen it as a sign that he needed to push out and try management, and for both Nick Ross and Ryan Christie, it was a watershed moment.

Hughes has undoubtably played a shorter game in terms of squad management than previously was his style at Falkirk and Hibs - and that's left us in a bit of a mess this season.

Would I trade comfortable mid-table anonymity this season for the Cup? Would you?

JS64952922.jpg

"" thanks terry for the players that made me look like manager of the year""

• Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

Theres a fair bit of money recieved by the club in the last 12 months with not very much it seems been re-invested in threadbare squad.

Im not blamin the manager as am pretty sure he will be quietly just as unhappy as most fans are that he's not been backed by the board

This is the worst squad ever now after injuries and at the moment every match day team fills me with fear

Fans turning on each other ceartinly is not the way ahead when for me its Kenny Cameron and his band of merry moneymen that are the real issue, to put it bluntly wheres all the money gone mr Chairman??

I certainly wouldn't go as far as saying this is the worst squad ever...we still have a fair bit of last seasons squad! Yes some left and others are injured long term but let's not forget that the players left also played a big part in achieving way we did last year.

if any of our players were to read this forum they'd be pretty disappointed with what's said about some of them so, instead of being negative about the squad, let's get right behind each and every one of them and try to give them as much confidence as possible to get our season going! 

• Agree 1

Kingsmills  as usual I received the response from you I expected.

Let me put the record straight, I,  though very supportive of ICT am not a Happy Clapper as you like to infer. I* am a realist who can visualise and reason situations on and off the park.

I just happen to dislike unjust attitudes portrayed by would be mid crowd managers who seem to think they are supporting the club by repeatedly coming up with negative comments.

I am fully aware everyone is entitled to their own opinions and are free to post about how they feel but do you honestly believe  that an animal should be put down without first having a proper examination because that is what it sounds like to me.

• Agree 1

Kingsmills  as usual I received the response from you I expected.

Let me put the record straight, I,  though very supportive of ICT am not a Happy Clapper as you like to infer. I* am a realist who can visualise and reason situations on and off the park.

I just happen to dislike unjust attitudes portrayed by would be mid crowd managers who seem to think they are supporting the club by repeatedly coming up with negative comments.

I am fully aware everyone is entitled to their own opinions and are free to post about how they feel but do you honestly believe  that an animal should be put down without first having a proper examination because that is what it sounds like to me.

Would you point me to a single post I have made suggesting that ' the animal should be put down' during Yogi's tenure ? I have only ever called for the club to part company with one manager in our whole history and that was Craig Brewster towards the end of his second spell in charge.

I note that you are not a 'happy clapper' Accordingly, when you are searching for posts of me calling for the manager to be culled you might also point me to some of your own posts in any way critical of the club.

One thing I do agree with you on is that we all have differing views and opinions and thank goodness for that or these fora would be very dull indeed.

Incidentally, are you still of the view that we will finish ahead of Aberdeen and are likely to be the only team to come close to Celtic in the league this season ?

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

JS64952922.jpg

"" thanks terry for the players that made me look like manager of the year""

Funny, and certainly there is a lot of truth to it, but I'd say Hughes and Latapy got that extra mile out of them. Sometimes, that's the difference.

• Agree 1

Oh for goodness sake Kingsmills  lighten up, I already explained in another post the reasons for my post re. where we would finish at the end of the season, someone had to show some positivity and although it was tongue in cheek I still think that despite our existing problems we will show a good account of ourselves by the end of the season.

I haven't said at any time you want rid of Yogi, these are your words not mine and I am pleased if you don't want us to lose him.

I do not, if I can avoid it use negative language if I can reason out the why's and wherefor's of any situation so you will not find many critical posts under my name.

Finally I would prefer it if you didn't bait me in this manner it doesn't become you or your position as Moderator...... thank you in anticipation.