Stadium announcements in Gaelic.

TopSix

I can't wait for the release of "O Inbhir Nis, mìorbhuileach" and "Thoir dhachaigh e".  I reckon it could be the catalyst we need to boost attendances and justify building the fourth stand.

And Alan Simpson is now ending his sentences with the inimitable way in which Canadians end theirs…..EH?
Good for you Alan. it's often the only way in which you can get a real response ----- i.e  unless, maybe,  you are talking about the Vancouver Canucks hockey team when you may be bowled over by the ferocity of the language used. eh?

:clapoverhead:

On 2/6/2020 at 5:14 AM, Scarlet Pimple said:

And Alan Simpson is now ending his sentences with the inimitable way in which Canadians end theirs…..EH?
Good for you Alan. it's often the only way in which you can get a real response ----- i.e  unless, maybe,  you are talking about the Vancouver Canucks hockey team when you may be bowled over by the ferocity of the language used. eh?

:clapoverhead:

It's an Inverness thing. 

I wasn't convinced about this from a "practicality" perspective...i.e. it can seem like there's already more than enough time taken up doing the announcements in English during the short spell between fans arriving in the ground and kick-off without having to do them all twice...however, having been ably assisted by a young man named Daniel from the IRA yesterday, I'm of a mind that it brings nothing negative to the task whatsoever.  In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed showing someone what's involved with being a matchday announcer, he really seemed to enjoy it and deserves huge kudos as it can be quite nerve racking to speak publicly (even when hidden away in a box).

I don't think it's necessarily going to bring more people through the gate, but if it helps foster a friendship with even a small part of the community and get the club a little publicity then I don't see the harm.

There is little doubt that the club have a lot of work to do when it comes to engaging with the wider fanbase/community, however we should try and encourage the club to do more to engage with more people...and not to do less just because what's being done doesn't involve us.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, CaleyD said:

I wasn't convinced about this from a "practicality" perspective...i.e. it can seem like there's already more than enough time taken up doing the announcements in English during the short spell between fans arriving in the ground and kick-off without having to do them all twice...however, having been ably assisted by a young man named Daniel from the IRA yesterday, I'm of a mind that it brings nothing negative to the task whatsoever.  In fact, I thoroughly enjoyed showing someone what's involved with being a matchday announcer, he really seemed to enjoy it and deserves huge kudos as it can be quite nerve racking to speak publicly (even when hidden away in a box).

I don't think it's necessarily going to bring more people through the gate, but if it helps foster a friendship with even a small part of the community and get the club a little publicity then I don't see the harm.

There is little doubt that the club have a lot of work to do when it comes to engaging with the wider fanbase/community, however we should try and encourage the club to do more to engage with more people...and not to do less just because what's being done doesn't involve us.

There's a big opportunity to garner a bit of favour in the Outer Hebrides where they all support either Rangers or Celtic (dependant on which Hebride - no imagination!) with just a token nod to the nearest "local" team, whether it be us or County.

No harm in giving us the edge by showing a recognition of Gaelic, which is still widely spoken across the Minch.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2020 at 7:05 PM, CaleyD said:

Is dòcha gu bheil barrachd ri chosnadh le bhith a ’brosnachadh ceangal IRA.  Is dòcha gun tòisich thu ga bhrosnachadh ann am bàraichean Boston MA?