(Racist) Moron of the Week

Guest sophia

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no issue with doing what is right, what I do have issue with is being told what to say and do and that's exactly how I viewed this thread on first reading it, and that irked me somewhat.  It's like all these politicians just now saying "YOU MUST VOTE FOR XXXXX" - Noooo, you just give me the info and leave it up to me as a responsible adult to make the decision for myself TYVM.

Now we have that cleared up (and for fear of the wrath of Mee), let me comment on the original point of this thread.

Do I condone the comment made by the person in the case being discussed in this thread?  No I don't.

Will I condemn them as a racist?  No I won't.

I don't believe a single comment such as this makes a person racist.  It may make them ignorant and insensitive, but (on it's own) not a racist.  It needs to be brought into check and a warning issued, but I don't think it warrants rolling out the gallows.

I cannot believe the utter bullsh!t & drivel I have read on here...

Quote " He didn't see him 'cos he wasn't smiling"   Racist abuse..?

Black ba$t@rd would have been racist abuse.... Moronic monkey calls likewise....

Latapy's face lights up when he smiles... the same could be said of Ronaldino and a host of others...

It makes many of these players instantly recogniseable...  So what..?

If anyone had asked Latapy, had he heard that remark, if he would have taken offence?

Im pretty sure I know what his answer would be....

If anyone had asked Latapy, had he heard that remark, if he would have taken offence?

[move]FECK AFF YA JEGGIE BESTARDS[/move]

Yeah - words to that effect - and I would have been the first to applaud his right to say it....  :025:

Still think that if all players were painted black before the games then none of this would happen, also if there was a racist fan of the week/month competition it would just be another thing the old firm would always win. :002:

Guest Arab4Ever

I cannot believe the utter bullsh!t & drivel I have read on here...

Quote " He didn't see him 'cos he wasn't smiling"   Racist abuse..?

Black ba$t@rd would have been racist abuse.... Moronic monkey calls likewise....

Latapy's face lights up when he smiles... the same could be said of Ronaldino and a host of others...

It makes many of these players instantly recogniseable...  So what..?

Agreed.

And why the fuss about racism when sexism, ageism etc go on without anyone batting an eyelid?

im torn on how to feel about this, i can see what dbs is saying and what most are condeming as racism, depends on how youre interperating the comment made

if it was meant to be offensive then its racist, if it was a joke at latapys expense then its racist.  i have to say there is room for race jokes (rather than racist) in the right context, i work with one black and one thai person, im totally comfortable taking the pish out of them racially and know my limits.  dont think id ever joke that i didnt see the black guy because he wasnt smiling but i have taken the pish out of american ganster/hip hop/gun culture alot (pish taking because hes one of the most snobby class conscious barstewards ive ever met in my life) and far right/racist politics dozens of times. 

It really is ludicrous that anyone could possibly take offence at such a harmless comment from a supporter...

Especially when you consider some of the things that are going on in this world as I type these profound words....

For instance now that the pubs down Chorley will have closed IHE is probably on his way home right now - flashing that tattoo of his to innocent passers-bye....

Now that IS seriously offensive and it also has racist undertones......