FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Raith Rovers - 8th April

I counted 8 but it was as though the wall had decided they wouldn’t budge and the ref just moved them an inch!

That apart I thought the ref did ok, letting a few things go that would have been a card with other refs. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Would it be sanctimonious of me to politely suggest that Henderson and Shaw May be improving because of being in a more settled team, having more experienced players around them and not having so much responsibility on their shoulders. 

I agree about Shaw who is benefitting from game time and is much more confident, but Henderson has been a positive spark since his loan spell started.

What happened to Shaw after his goal: a nose bleed that then happened again before half time? He was also a long time after the others coming out for the second half and had clearly been getting some attention from the ref before they both appeared. 

• Like 1

Good to get the points but left feeling slightly underwhelmed - that’s probably because we got off to such a great start. Raith just don’t look at the races atall. There were moments when our attacking looked very slick and then others when we lost the discipline and went for hoofball. Thought Harper and Shaw both looked very lively. Overall a really good result and the added bonus of getting a tan! 

• Like 1

Totally agree with the above . The first 45 was high tempo, moving the ball about quickly the second was the total opposite. A better team would have caused us problems. A solid 3 points though and 4th place now in our own hands.

Would take that after the injury plagued winter we had.

• Agree 2

Looking ahead to Tuesday, Arbroath are unbeaten in 7 league games, although they’ve only won 2 of those.

We need to approach the game positively and get at them for the full 90 minutes. 

• Like 1

I think we've seen now that Shaw is best deployed wide left and running inside at opposition players. Whilst he filled a gap in the team as a ten he has looked excellent when playing on the left side of the 3 behind Mckay. Henderson compliments him well on the opposite side as well. Two very impressive players over the last few weeks.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
13 hours ago, RiG said:

I think we've seen now that Shaw is best deployed wide left and running inside at opposition players. Whilst he filled a gap in the team as a ten he has looked excellent when playing on the left side of the 3 behind Mckay. Henderson compliments him well on the opposite side as well. Two very impressive players over the last few weeks.

Kind of think Shaw is everything that Daniel Mackay is lacking. If he can't make our starting 11 when we still have folk injured, how is he ever going to get even on the bench at Hibs. This is not a dig, just what I have seen this season. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Kind of think Shaw is everything that Daniel Mackay is lacking. If he can't make our starting 11 when we still have folk injured, how is he ever going to get even on the bench at Hibs. This is not a dig, just what I have seen this season. 

I said the same thing to my son at the Raith game, if Dan Mackay can't get a game here, how is he going to succeed in the top league? He should be ripping this league up. In my opinion, he left us far too early, he hadn't really established himself In the first team when he left, and another season with us, or as Christie did, get loaned back to us after he signed for Hibs would have benefited all parties.

I fear that if he doesn't find some form soon, he could drift from club to club, which would be a shame for a player who has so much talent.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 11:05 PM, Robert said:

We need a win to stay in play off contention.

Our record against Raith is very good, but that makes us vulnerable as it must end some time: it must not be Saturday!

Ayr are playing Morton, so at least one of the teams we are trying to catch will drop points.

We have a big fortnight with 5 of our last 6 league games:

Raith on Saturday at home.

Arbroath at home on Tuesday.

Cove away next Saturday.

Hamilton away the following Tuesday.

Dundee at home in a fortnight.

We are on a decent run but need to keep it going. I’d target 13 points out of 15.

Sorry for going back to an old thread, but…..

Well we did it, 13 points gained from those 5 games and it is all in our own hands now.

Two big games ahead now!

• Like 3
  • Well Said 2