FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Toronto FC

Scotty

Well, Toronto played its first game in MLS over the weekend .... a 2-0 defeat away to Deportivo Chivas in California. The match was live on TV at 10:30pm (7:30pm in California) and to be honest, wasnt that good.

A few phrases to describe the game .... and they seem eerily similar to things that have been said elsewhere about ICT !!

"I felt in the first 10-15 minutes we were nervous but we settled down and created a bunch of chances but couldn't score," said Toronto FC coach Mo Johnston.

"At times we played well, we moved the ball well and we created problems for them," said Toronto FC captain Jim Brennan. "We had five chances in the first half, they had two chances and two goals."

"In the second half, we didn't get anything going and the momentum was flipped over to Chivas," said Johnston. "We sat back too deep and went to the long ball too much, which I didn't want ... and we gave the ball away too much in the midfield and normally that's our strength."

"We're still growing as a team and we have a few players out but when they get back we'll be better," said Johnston. "Obviously getting off to a good start, we'd have liked it to have been better but tonight it wasn't to be."

Article {LINK}

This week Mo Johnston will pit his wits against another Scot when they travel to Boston to face New England Revolution . The manager of the revolution is former Liverpool player, Stevie Nicol. The first home game is on 28th April against Kansas City Wizards and I am looking forward to it.