FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

PETITION FOR EVERYONE WHO IS SHOCKED AND DISGUSTED WITH MIKE SMITH!!

FortressICT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you doing?

I sat at the very back with younger and older son, it was a shame what turned out after a very promising start to the singing section idea, I think we all need some calm heads on here, name calling etc will not solve this though I do believe this should never have happened. Let's hope the club and the fans can learn from this. I do believe the club must issue some kind of statement about what happened and not brush it under the carpet and hope everything will be ok for next season. :003:

Just to clarify.  Chief Exec is Mike Smith and he was Safety Officer on Saturday and is named on the club safety certificate as assistant Safety Officer, he therefore deputises for the Safety Officer in his absence, as was the case on Saturday. The job of match commander falls within the remit of the police, who works with the safety officer on match days The chairman of the club is Alan Savage of Orion Engineering who was unaware of the situation during the game.   If you read the trust statement it does say that we are waiting to meet with the chairman to discuss the events.

We do indeed have your e-mail Jagster, thank you for taking the time to give us your views.

(Edited to correct the information above in bold - Mike Smith was not match commander, but saftey officer)

Just to clarify.  Chief Exec is Mike Smith and he was March Commander on Saturday in the absence of the usual guy.  The chairman of the club is Alan Savage of Orion Engineering who was unaware of the situation during the game.  If you read the trust statement it does say that we are waiting to meet with the chairman to discuss the events.

We do indeed have your e-mail Jagster, thank you for taking the time to give us your views.

Thanks Lg

I just queried Chief exec being match commander as IMHO this kind of job surely should be given to someone with qualifications for such a post, I think like many people that the security in the ground would be determined by a police officer or someone trained for such an important role.

Mike Smith.  What has he done for our club - Nothing but cause trouble!  Boot him out! :33:

With the greatest respect Finmack, I don't know how any of us can justify that statement as we do not know what goes on behind the scenes at ICT.

All I and many others are concerned about is what happened on Saturday, If it turns out that incorrect stewarding is to blame then someone should hold up their hands and accept responsibility for it, everyone makes mistake s and as I said earlier it's important we learn from them, passions are running high just now and I know exactly how you feel but commonsense has to prevail to sort this mess out  :021:

we need to stick together and carry on the singing section next season and not let these jobsworth stewards get the better. TODAY WAS A DISGRACE!! :008:

i agree.  from what i have gathered on these forums, the singing section was a success even if it was overshadowed by the stewards. we shud continue the good work that was done on Saturday and hope that that we can inspire more people to sing n get right behind their team instead of criticising their mistakes