FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

hero, villian, could and must do betters for the year!

hero- fraser, done brilliantly after being thrust into the first team in january.

munro and bayne too; all three at some point this year have had to deal with responsibility and pressure far beyond what should normally be asked of them.  munro taking on the captaincy and bayne leading the line in dargo and wyness's absence

villan - this year have to be mike smith.  if the the buck stops with him for last saturday then it overshadows everythign else.

oh and maybe mark brown.

could do betters - black; and thats after a good season in my opinion!

and tokely with the same comment

must do better- christie; with regards to blooding youngsters, odd team selection and transfer market

wyness and rory have been gash. 

Guest loyal_army

villian - even though he's was our best playerthis season: it has 2 b dodsy for leavin us 4 united  :020:

hero - duncan, most consistent caley player this season, he's an unsung hero... also bayne his work rate is outstanding

do better - wyness

Good thread idea.

Hero - Hard to call, as over the season, most players did well. However, I will give special mention to Richard Hastings, whose game has come on enormously. It shows that even older players can improve their skills.

Villian. - Again, perhaps a bit unjust to name names, but CC has persisted with some players for longer than we, the all-knowing fans, would have done. Step forward, Rory. Blackie must also get a special mention here for his appalling disciplinary record, but I think, and hope the tide has turned.

Could do better - As above, but all the players here have at least one shortcoming in their game. Hart - shooting, Dargo - trapping, Duncan - passing, McBain - using two feet, Wyness - avoiding injury, etc etc. Sort these out and it will be Europe for us next season.

Now where is that season ticket renewal form...

Hero - Graham Bayne, lead the line well this season and chipped in with alot of important goals, including two against the OF. Also due to the absence of Mr Dargo and Wyness.

Others like Munro, Hastings and Wilson have also has good season, which CC han't been slow to point out.

Villian - Blackie, too many suspensions and is too easily wound up by the oppostition.

Must do better - Rory, keep the chin up!  I think a loan spell and a regualar starting place would help his game improve!

Hero - Bayne.... he has given his all this season, defending from the front and although his goal ratio is still not what it should be he has notched some important goals.  His performance against Celtic in the Cup should have one us the game, he played target man perfectly.

Villian - All those 'fans' that jumped on the "lets sack Christie" bandwagon... shame on you!

Must do better - Atmosphere at TCS.... singing section behind the goals is a must

Guest loyal_army

Must do better - Atmosphere at TCS.... singing section behind the goals is a must

oh yes!!  :021:  :021:  :clapping03:  :clapping03:

Heroes...Fraser, for so effortlessly taking over after Brown left. And for being as good as Brown. And for possessing the talent to become an even better keeper than Brown.

Munro/Hastings...Grant had another near faultless season, and Hastings was easily the POTY in my opinion.

Blackie...for learning his lesson after the Falkirk debacle. Without the tantrums he is a class player, and the latter half of the season saw him biting his tongue(despite frequent provocation from opponents) and just getting on with controlling the midfield. I just hope he keeps it up next season, and doesn't return to the bad stuff.

Barry....another great season.

Villian...not too sure anyone merits the role of villian!!

Could do better...

Hmmm, contrary to popular opinion, I'm nominating Bayne.

Aye, he has come on loads, but he doesn't score enough for a striker. Dargo may have not had as great a season as the previous one, and despite being critcised by some, plus the fact he played far less than Bayne, he still scored more than him!! Running round loads, and 100% effort isn't enough for a striker if we're getting less than 10 goals a season from them.

Dennis....pish. He really needs to get back to the Dennis we know he can be next season.

Marcus...again, against popular opinion, I disagree with those who say he's made the step up with ease. Not been impressed with him at all so far. Hopefully he will improve next year though.

Rory... :017:

I thought we played some of the worst football I can remember this season. Some of it was total gash. The good stuff was there too, but in much smaller quantities.

The quality of football we play is one area I'd like to see improve greatly next year.

From a poster that used to hang on the wall of one of my Primary School Teachers.

Good - Better - Best

Never let it rest

Till your Good is Better

And your Better Best

That's something I think all players can take on board without having to single anyone out for special praise or criticism.

No...........if he's not there bet is void.

Yep even money...................................maximum 5 bets though.

Oh! and your word is your bond as is mine

1st five to PM me will be covered. League and cup goals count but not pre-season

Guest Arab4Ever

what if say dargo is top scorer but is sold for a loaf of bread to utd in the january transfer window? is he taken off the top scorer list or does he stay there to be overtaken?

what if say dargo is top scorer but is sold for a loaf of bread to utd in the january transfer window? is he taken off the top scorer list or does he stay there to be overtaken?

If dargo signs nex week then its highly unlikely he would be sold come january, unless we're talking big money. If he was to score so many that he was still one of the top three even though he wasn't there then he'd still be listed.

In truth I think the difference between this season (8th) and last season (7th) is that we never managed to get dennis and dargs playing togethor. I genuinely believe that those two are one of the best SPL strike partnerships there is.

In truth I think the difference between this season (8th) and last season (7th) is that we never managed to get dennis and dargs playing togethor. I genuinely believe that those two are one of the best SPL strike partnerships there is.

Nail on head, mate.

To lose one striker is unfortunate, to lose another a week later is effing ridiculous. If they were on form, or even present, would have allowed us to challenge for sixth. Depth of pool problems will, I suspect, be with us next season too.

I think Gordy made the hammer/nail interface there.

Can't believe anybody is slagging off Dennis. The guy's hardly played. We were really clicking in January before he got injured (remember St Mirren, Hibs, Stirling). There was a buzz when he came on on Saturday and his first touch of the ball was just like the old days. Then about a minute later we scored.

Agree with ya there Mantis, meant to reply myself earlier, how he can be critisised without hardly being on the pitch, Dennis in my mind is a top class player and can make a big difference when plays.