FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT V Hibernian: Match thread

ictchris

Pretty surprised as to why is everyone is shocked that Imrie went off. He was hugely ineffectual again like he was against Hamilton. Brewster decided he wanted Zadi on but is obviously aware of his defensive frailties so decided to play him further up the pitch and further away from the defence.

Player Ratings -

Barrowman 3

:rotflmao:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tokely getting 4 as high as that we was total hurendous

Tokely wasn't that bad at all. His final ball in was poor but defensively I thought he was solid enough. I thought O'Brien was going to ravage him throughout the 90 but he was so effectively cancelled out that he was replaced by a skunk.

Pretty surprised as to why is everyone is shocked that Imrie went off. He was hugely ineffectual again like he was against Hamilton. Brewster decided he wanted Zadi on but is obviously aware of his defensive frailties so decided to play him further up the pitch and further away from the defence.

Player Ratings -

Barrowman 3

Clearly Brewster has taken on board what I was saying about Zadi, and in a swift move to prove EWS wrong, played him out of the defensive line...

Where's that tin helmet gone?...

Tokely wasn't that bad at all. His final ball in was poor but defensively I thought he was solid enough. I thought O'Brien was going to ravage him throughout the 90 but he was so effectively cancelled out that he was replaced by a skunk.

Defensively he was far from solid!!!

Well I'm convinced now! Where was he particularly lacking in defence today?

For starters, everything Hibs did today was pretty much down their left side... and every single time they attacked Ross was out of position... i thought he was absolutely shocking today...

For starters, everything Hibs did today was pretty much down their left side... and every single time they attacked Ross was out of position... i thought he was absolutely shocking today...

You must have some seriously high standards then. Tokely was no more culpable than any of the other defenders out there today. Whenever Hibs attacked they attacked from pretty much everywhere. The carved through our midfield and took apart Hastings and Imrie/Zadi on the left. Their passing was superb and movement off the ball sublime. It was a hugely open game and players were caught out all over the place such was the pace of the game. I fail to see why Tokely is the only one getting abuse and criticism.

Wtf? I've just logged on and confess that I've not read all of this thread, but Ross is getting pelters?!? His last ball was terrible on a couple of occasions but so were Cowie's and others when we were playing left-to-right with a strengthening wind. We all know he can't leg it back in record time but when he was present in defence he looked pretty solid to me. What did stand out is just how much we miss Grant and, in his absence, Proc these days. I've given McGuire time but he doesn't look up to the job. Jamie Duff is looking like a fantastic addition but we need someone to lead the line and it's not often you see a nineteen-year-old capable of that. Centre half needed, but that's not news. Hastings wasn't 'all that' either.

I hope Brew's thinking behind keeping Wagaluka on for another week is to give Black a kick up the erse, and I hope we sign the lad. Two attacking passes in 93 minutes doesn't cut it. Ian took one for the team in the second half but his attacking instinct seems to be missing so far this season, and he eventually reverted to type and leathered a shot wide looking for glory when there were passing options. Wagaluka on the bench might waken him up.

Vigurs - excellent, but why was he on for Roy who was, for me, vying for motm until he was hooked? Imrie - very bad day at the office, taking way too long on the ball. Chip put in a decent shift but even he's started this season way below his own high standard from last.

Barrowman had some good spells but looked depressingly Mcallister-esque for most of the game (I can't be arsed, why isn't the ball falling at my feet, oh well IMGONNASCOREITSMYBALLGETOFFHOLDITUPIMAFOOTBALLINGGOD oh no, I'm not getting service, oh well...) and when Barry was brought on for him, too late as usual, why didn't he play as an out-and-out striker? Rooney looked less impressive than I'd like to say, but a great deal more impressive than his 'strike partner'

For a neutral it would have been a cracking game; for me it was a point gifted to us after they missed three gilt-edged chances and had what looked like a penalty claim waved away. Great entertainment, some good passing football but we need to get the key positions sorted out.

I hope Brew's thinking behind keeping Wagaluka on for another week is to give Black a kick up the erse, and I hope we sign the lad. Two attacking passes in 93 minutes doesn't cut it. Ian took one for the team in the second half but his attacking instinct seems to be missing so far this season, and he eventually reverted to type and leathered a shot wide looking for glory when there were passing options. Wagaluka on the bench might waken him up.

For a neutral it would have been a cracking game; for me it was a point gifted to us after they missed three gilt-edged chances and had what looked like a penalty claim waved away. Great entertainment, some good passing football but we need to get the key positions sorted out.

Agree with the last paragraph there but regarding Blacks passing - he seemed to be the only person in our team who seemed to realise that pumping balls up to Barrowman who was being marshalled by Jones were a waste of time. No point lobbing balls up the park to the B.F.G. as you are just going to turn over possession. I'd rather keep the ball and pass and probe than give the ball back to the other side which is, sadly, what we did a lot in the 2nd half.

Agree with the last paragraph there but regarding Blacks passing - he seemed to be the only person in our team who seemed to realise that pumping balls up to Barrowman who was being marshalled by Jones were a waste of time. No point lobbing balls up the park to the B.F.G. as you are just going to turn over possession. I'd rather keep the ball and pass and probe than give the ball back to the other side which is, sadly, what we did a lot in the 2nd half.

Hear what you're saying rig, but he's not even looking around at the moment, just ticking boxes. He can pass sideways and back from now till Friday but there were guys running into space out wide all afternoon and getting nowt.

yup, substitutions were somewhat baffling today .... especially Zadi/Imrie one [commentators believed he might have been limping but if so, why Zadi and not someone else].

Glad to see Vigurs come on and he got a few positive mentions from Leckie in the commentary box

I was dumbfounded when Zadi was put on for Imrie but apart from one or two bad touches I thought Zadi looked very much at home in the position. Wilson coming on also gave our game a little extra and we looked more like scoring. Vigurs for McBain was a necessity as I thought McBain was shocking today in fact I would say that he was a weak link in the team.

dont agree with your comments on roy thought he was the best for us today in mid field did a lot of running and fought for the ball i was glad vigurs came on but black had a poor second half and should have gone off roscoe played well for us and showed he is a good sub captain

4ize....tell us what your really think :018:

I think it's bedtime :rotflmao:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you're welcome to disregard anything I say after 10pm of a Saturday. You disregard everything I say anyway :thumb04:

Well there have been some good opinions, some strange opinions and some absolutely ridiculous ones made by a variety of posters but then everyone is entitled to their own take on the game

How some people can say that was the worst Hibs team they've seem up here puzzles me though and doesn't say much for us cause they caused us no end of problems today.

It was a better performance than against Hamilton (wouldn't be hard) well in the first half but the second 45 was back to the walls.

Our substitutions were probably merited, well in the sense of who was taken off anyway, as all 3 deserved to be hooked especially Imrie who was rank rotten today. I guess Lionel was brought on to strengthen the midfield and provide some height against a few of the bigger Hibs player, just a shame he is rubbish in the air and seems to close his eyes when going for a header!

We got a point we probably didn't deserve today and I'm sure we will play better and get nothing. What worries me is the very poor home form we are displaying. Looks like the away fans may get the best deal this season - I hope so anyway as if we don't perform on the road our home performances aren't likely to keep us up

Guest RPFaither

Was at the game yesterday and agree that the performance, particularly in the first half, was a big improvement on the previous Saturday.

It just might have been a tad more comfortable if Tokely had put away his header early on. There were a few scary moments - the worst being Frasers fumbling of the ball at Hibs first attack and in the second half when Tokely gave the ball away up near halfway leaving the back totally exposed.

The standard of crossing (into the box) was absolutely shocking. I would love to see the stats of 'passes completed', because it looked like 9 out of 10 were straight to the keeper or flew behind the goals - and that's not counting the hoofed up balls that were just bread and butter for man-mountain Jones. The guy is a brute in the air and won everything thrown in high as well as clattering everyone who challenged with him.

Duff clattered Fletcher in a good tackle early on (and a few times later on) and didn't have an easy afternoon.

Imrie was very poor, as was Zadi when he came on. Wilson made a big difference when he came on - a bit more urgency and quality. A few of the players looked very tired (Tokely?) towards the end of the game.

Rooney needed to be given the ball a bit more - he looks a good prospect. Barrowman, on the other hand.......hmmmm?

Hibs weren't brilliant and could have been taken. We need to up the pace a bit, pass the ball quicker and improve movement. Asking too much?

Wasn't aware of any booing (mentioned in an earlier post) but there were quite a few disgruntled folk round about me - I THINK made worse by the lack of urgency/quality towards the end.

Hear what you're saying rig, but he's not even looking around at the moment, just ticking boxes. He can pass sideways and back from now till Friday but there were guys running into space out wide all afternoon and getting nowt.

Personally I saw very little in the way of movement from the guys going forward. Hibs however were fantastic off the ball, always moving into space and always looking for a pass ahead of them to run onto. There was one through ball that Black played, I forget who to, but they just watched it roll past them and didn't seem to click that they had to run onto it.

Whats with all the Tokely baiting. I must be missing something there. I thought our defence as a unit did well enough to keep a lively Hibs side at bay mostly. Their shooting was woeful, akin to our own cross balls. If anyone needs singled out from yesterday surely Dougie Imrie needs to take a long hard look at his input from the last two games. Unable to take on defenders and unable to make telling crosses. What has happened since the Dons game to change his performances. Lionel was also guilty of poor play as well when he came on for the reasonably effective Roy McBain.

Maybe an opening for Zander as an out and out winger.

Anyway... the most entertaining thing that happened at the Hibs game was after the football... some old guy shifted his car and ran into some guys, one of whom hurt his leg... the guy went beserk and started kicking the car and was screeming in total agony... he was that sore he sprinted after the car shouting abuse at him and even opened the drivers door to shout further abuse... one of his mates shouted "rip his wing mirror off"!!! You couldnt make this stuff up... did anyone else witness this Laurel and Hardyesq performance??

Anyway apart from that, the worrying thing is... and from a health and safety point of view would be totally slated... it oculd have been a small kid that this car hit... and it could have done some serious damage... surely the fans should NOT be allowed through the clubs car park after the game... accident waiting to happen if you ask me!!

Guest birdog

Anyway apart from that, the worrying thing is... and from a health and safety point of view would be totally slated... it oculd have been a small kid that this car hit... and it could have done some serious damage... surely the fans should NOT be allowed through the clubs car park after the game... accident waiting to happen if you ask me!!

How would we get to our cars?

Guest birdog

Whats with all the Tokely baiting. I must be missing something there. I thought our defence as a unit did well enough to keep a lively Hibs side at bay mostly. Their shooting was woeful, akin to our own cross balls. If anyone needs singled out from yesterday surely Dougie Imrie needs to take a long hard look at his input from the last two games. Unable to take on defenders and unable to make telling crosses. What has happened since the Dons game to change his performances. Lionel was also guilty of poor play as well when he came on for the reasonably effective Roy McBain.

Maybe an opening for Zander as an out and out winger.

It would seem my earlier comments on McBain and Lionel were wrong, I still stick by them but I guess I must have been watching from a different perspective. I did think that Rossco looked tired for a long period of the second half but as you say the defensive unit looked quite effective.

I was encouraged by our first half display.....although Hibs missed a couple o sitters and really should have been 2-1 up at half time!

Second half however was an even worse display than last week !! Long hoofed balls up the park more in panic than hope, unable to make 10 yard passes, and if hibs strikers hadn't been having a bad day at the office we could've lost 6-1!

Couldn't understand why Rankin was being booed, although it was coming from just one section of the home support.

Can't understand why Tokely is being singled out in some of the above posts? However, there are a few players who, after their performances in last 2 home fixtures, need a :rotflmao:

Serious question: Is Barrowman carrying an injury ?.............he seems unable to run at any pace whatsoever?

I was encouraged by our first half display.....although Hibs missed a couple o sitters and really should have been 2-1 up at half time!

Second half however was an even worse display than last week !! Long hoofed balls up the park more in panic than hope, unable to make 10 yard passes, and if hibs strikers hadn't been having a bad day at the office we could've lost 6-1!

Couldn't understand why Rankin was being booed, although it was coming from just one section of the home support.

Can't understand why Tokely is being singled out in some of the above posts? However, there are a few players who, after their performances in last 2 home fixtures, need a :rotflmao:

Serious question: Is Barrowman carrying an injury ?.............he seems unable to run at any pace whatsoever?

How would we get to our cars?

Valet Parking .... :thumb04: :rotflmao: