FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Surely Now Is The Time To Act !

Kingsmills

Surely, if Brewster is to be replaced, the next day or two is the time to do it.

Our next fixture is a match against Rangers which nobody realistically expects us to take anything from. Then we have a cup match which, although not unimportant, pales into insignificance compared to league survival.

That gives three weeks until the next match of real importance, now possibly among the most crucial of our season, against fellow relegation candidates Hamilton. A real six pointer if ever there was one.

If the board have the courage to act and act quickly any new man will have a fair amount of time to work with the squad and even bring in two or three players of his own choosing before we face what could be the most crucial match of the season.

If the board dither and waste more time such an opportunity will not arise again this season. Come on those responsible for our club, act decisively and act now !

Edited by Kingsmills

George Fraser: (from Mexico) ...Graeme, we canny act. Ah dinnae wanna gie thon rabble the satisfaction. Right or wrong, Craigy is stayin' put. Got it?

Graeme: Aye, fair enough like, but, things here are nae gettin' any better like, an wi the transfer window an that, like...

George Fraser: [To waiter: Senor, 2 Pina Coladas por favor] Listen, he is no goin anywhere, its oot o my hands. If he keeps doin mince, well, upstairs will hae to do summit, but no the now.

Graeme: No the now?

George Fraser: No the now, rub ma back will ya?

Graeme: Eh?

George Fraser: no you, ya daftie, the Missus.

Graeme: Aye, eh, aye, eh...so, yel hae a word wi Mr Sutherland then?

George Fraser: Aye, maybe. Adios Senor Bennett. Click

Graeme: **** it

I think it's becoming apparent that the board have decided to keep the faith with Brewster. A huge gamble IMO. If we avoid relegation then maybe we'll all be eating humble pie come the end of the season. However, and this is a big HOWEVER, if we're relegated then the board's position would then become untenable. Where will that leave the club next summer? Managerless and Boardless?

I think it's becoming apparent that the board have decided to keep the faith with Brewster. A huge gamble IMO. If we avoid relegation then maybe we'll all be eating humble pie come the end of the season. However, and this is a big HOWEVER, if we're relegated then the board's position would then become untenable. Where will that leave the club next summer? Managerless and Boardless?

Spot on RednBlack. I think they are preparing for the gamble of staying with the ship and see if it manages to stay afloat. And, as you say,they know if ICT is relegated, the club will have to be purged. Its a gamble most other clubs would not take.

Spot on RednBlack. I think they are preparing for the gamble of staying with the ship and see if it manages to stay afloat. And, as you say,they know if ICT is relegated, the club will have to be purged. Its a gamble most other clubs would not take.

and rightly so !

If that's the policy they've adopted then it's suicidal. You might as well play Russian roulette.

Better the Devil you know.

Grass isnt always greener on the other side.

Im sure these are the thoughts of the board. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. All we know is that there is no evidence that Brewster can turn it around, only evidence to the contrary.

I don't think the cup tie is that unimportant. We need a good cup run. And after that miserable night at Firhill a couple of seasons ago we really, really don't want to go out again to Plastic Whistle.

And Brew just being there, still, will give the opposition a lift.

I don't think the cup tie is that unimportant. We need a good cup run. And after that miserable night at Firhill a couple of seasons ago we really, really don't want to go out again to Plastic Whistle.

agreed, personally i really dont like the soap dodging thistle much, their probably in my top 2 or 3 most hated clubs, and given our recent history lets not let them be the one with the pleasure of twisting the knife in the heart.

we need to beat these clunts and so need shot of brewster fast

Agree with you 100% Mr Rob Roy (where you bin?)

George Fraser: (from Mexico) ...Graeme, we canny act. Ah dinnae wanna gie thon rabble the satisfaction. Right or wrong, Craigy is stayin' put. Got it?

Graeme: Aye, fair enough like, but, things here are nae gettin' any better like, an wi the transfer window an that, like...

George Fraser: [To waiter: Senor, 2 Pina Coladas por favor] Listen, he is no goin anywhere, its oot o my hands. If he keeps doin mince, well, upstairs will hae to do summit, but no the now.

Graeme: No the now?

George Fraser: No the now, rub ma back will ya?

Graeme: Eh?

George Fraser: no you, ya daftie, the Missus.

Graeme: Aye, eh, aye, eh...so, yel hae a word wi Mr Sutherland then?

George Fraser: Aye, maybe. Adios Senor Bennett. Click

Graeme: **** it

Loving your work, sir.

The Board are struggling fer their existence just like Brewster - it is a sad case of one for all and all fer one - it has feck all to do with football - it is all about internal politics and power - they blow Brewster away and they blow themselves away - unfortunately they are blowing away the club at the same time. :rotflmao:

Bring Back Robbo - let them have their Shearer - then kick out Bennett - move Robbo up - then kick out Shearer - new manager in with Bazza as the No 2 - and the money to back it all up.

The Board are struggling fer their existence just like Brewster - it is a sad case of one for all and all fer one - it has feck all to do with football - it is all about internal politics and power - they blow Brewster away and they blow themselves away - unfortunately they are blowing away the club at the same time. :rotflmao:

Bring Back Robbo - let them have their Shearer - then kick out Bennett - move Robbo up - then kick out Shearer - new manager in with Bazza as the No 2 - and the money to back it all up.

Sorted in a oner IHE, well said , but how do you tell the man to go???/ Bennet I mean???

It hto be now the new manager needs time to assess the squad and so who needs to be moved onand what needs to come in.

Brew cannot be allowed anywhere near the transfer window with any money we have with such masterclass signings of:Dean McDonald, Andy Barrowman,David Proctor,Phil Maguire & Lionel Djebi-Zadi.

The longer this drags on the more depressing it gets. If it wasn't for Stevie G all of football would be laughing at us!

The board need to bin brew now and move to damage limitation... falling crowds, falling season ticket sales, growing complaints, clear lack of passion from players, better players moving elsewhere... it all points to a sinking ship and all of this has happened under brew's leadership! From a relegation point of view, Hamilton are playing better football than us and, as it stands, will beat us next month. If the board stand still and let this happen we will go down and we won't come back up. The ONLY way to get out of this mess is to get rid of brew NOW and give his successor time and money to put the problems brew has presided over right.

The longer this drags on the more depressing it gets. If it wasn't for Stevie G all of football would be laughing at us!

The board need to bin brew now and move to damage limitation... falling crowds, falling season ticket sales, growing complaints, clear lack of passion from players, better players moving elsewhere... it all points to a sinking ship and all of this has happened under brew's leadership! From a relegation point of view, Hamilton are playing better football than us and, as it stands, will beat us next month. If the board stand still and let this happen we will go down and we won't come back up. The ONLY way to get out of this mess is to get rid of brew NOW and give his successor time and money to put the problems brew has presided over right.

You are absolutely right. I've just listened to his "wanting to give the fans a lift" broadcast for BBC and frankly, it's delusional. Now that is depressing. "Some" of the fans, etc. Wrong CB, it's the vast majority. You did need people to stand behind you and your vision for the club but I'm afraid that both your players and your fans have seen through you. You are tactically bereft. You are unintelligent in the way that you attempt to remedy it and your persistence in blaming players that you chose to play out of position week after week shows this. It also shows your unwillingness to take responsibility. Sort it by going. Now.