FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Chick Young's thoughts

Yngwie

I think his point is that fans have too much influence on the game nowadays and we should keep bite our tongues, keep quiet and keep our noses out of the running of our club. What he forgets is that we, at ICT have a reputation for being quiet and reserved so when we start screaming you know something is wrong.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chickyoung/2009...ball_was_a.html

I can't really work out what his point is. The man's just rambling.

Completely. It's ill-informed reactionary bullsh*t that doesn't examine any of the real reasons behind Brewster's dismissal. The forum posts that follow it are quite good, though - Rangers fans outraged that Chick isn't writing about them for once. It makes you think that they really don't think any other club should exist - they'd rather play with themselves...

Edited by alternative maryhill

"Lynch mobs for managers are a regular sight in the Scottish game.

But in fairness, Brewster has been a dead man walking for weeks.

I'm not quite sure of the root cause of this unusual glow of well being about our game.

Maybe it is the first shoots of snowdrops and daffodils that I spotted in my garden, or the generous measures of Islay Malt dispensed in my direction over the festive season."

a. Baying fans are an unsightly if common feature of our game.

b. On this occasion they have a point.

c. Ach to hell, I'm too bevvied to know anything about anything.

The wisdom according to Chick the chuckling crown prince of scottish sports broadcasting .

:rotflmao:

Don't usually read anything Chick writes but gave this one a go - deary me makes Herr Bannerman's efforts look like Shakespeare....

The famous Walter Smith interview just sums him up.... Walter v Chick

He has been backing us for the drop every season since we arrived in the SPL and now he thinks he is going to be right - yet another reason to get off the bottom (and take home the Scottish Cup preferably aginst St.Mirren)

talking absolute sh*te. the new billy dodds.

Terrible, terrible piece, though not alone among BBC blog-style articles from contributors of a certain age - I've seen a number which approach the genre (ugh) in the same way Wogan approaches, well, pretty much everything.

To be fair Traynor, too, tonight sounded rather baffled about the baying for Brew's blood, so it may just be a general failure to understand the sort of despair which had crept through the support during months of watching a side losing its spirit faster than Chick Young's drinks cabinet. Charlie B put him right.

Tried to understand it from a journalistic mind and still none the wiser to what the daft *** is on about,

:rotflmao: Chick concentrate on that weegie club ______________________________________________

steady on with the insults

Edited by themann4thejob
removing abusive content