Which Way Does The Wind Blow

Renegade

This is a serious question that requires a serious answer. Which way does the wind normally At Caley Stadium? Surely if you used the wind n certain ways and had the wind behind you, if would help with the attacking play. Thoughts

renegade - you do no the wind changes direction :rotflmao:

Yeah, I know that I aint that stupid (as far as I know). But think about it. If the wing is blowing from the south to the north, if you were to knock the ball long and had a nippy forward who could get behind the defender what you could do is hoof the ball, the wind forward carry it over the head of the centre-back and then the forward could latch onto it and slip it past the keeper. If the wing is blowing from say the east to the west, then if the ball is croosed from the eastern side of the park then a driven will be some momentum and all it needs is someone to stick their head in the right direction and it's a goal. If you wanted a higher cross, you'd cross a higher ball in the wind so it stays up a bit, longer and then someone could try and knock it in. Simple.

The westerly winds are most common and are channeled along the Great Glen. Those who doubt that can easily research it. At the moment there is a 20mph SW wind in Inverness. The Great Glen runs from SW to NE and therefore will go across the pitch side to side.

Yes, the wind does change direction which explains the demeaner of some of our austhetically challenged posters.

Here are a few illustrations showing the wind speed & direction and also temperatures and pressure from March 08 through to February 09. Wind direction is the bottom chart and the lines across are top to bottom North, West, South, East and then again North.

March08 April08

post-2081-1236826644.gif post-2081-1236826581.gif

May08 June08

post-2081-1236826652.gif post-2081-1236826635.gif

July08 August08

post-2081-1236826628.gif post-2081-1236826588.gif

September08 October08

post-2081-1236826674.gif post-2081-1236826667.gif

November08 December08

post-2081-1236826660.gif post-2081-1236826598.gif

January09 February09

post-2081-1236826620.gif post-2081-1236826611.gif

My apologies for such a large post but I feel compelled to educate those on here who feel they are superior.

Edit to add link to source - Wunderground

Edited by 5thStand

Aye, thats just how I remembered the wind, barometric pressure and temerature.

Don't sit in the main stand, you face the driving rain and if the sun ventures out, then it's hands over the eyes time.

Renegade, I think the wind has blown your g key to where the d key should be.

So July 08 was a good month for putting the washing out, or not?

From my observations although the direction of the prevailing wind is pretty much in your face if you happen to sit in the main stand, the wind mainly comes across the pitch from corner to corner towards the North Stand

And of course there is the turbulance factor, which probably causes the above.

Any turbulance charts for the boys Mr 5th Stand?

Guest birdog

This is a serious question that requires a serious answer. Which way does the wind normally At Caley Stadium? Surely if you used the wind n certain ways and had the wind behind you, if would help with the attacking play. Thoughts

I can give you a serious answer, after 18 years as a merchant seaman I can hereby inform you that the observations I have made of wind direction lead me to the conclusion that wind direction is variable. You might find more information here.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

The westerly winds are most common and are channeled along the Great Glen. Those who doubt that can easily research it. At the moment there is a 20mph SW wind in Inverness. The Great Glen runs from SW to NE and therefore will go across the pitch side to side.

Yes, the wind does change direction which explains the demeaner of some of our austhetically challenged posters.

Here are a few illustrations showing the wind speed & direction and also temperatures and pressure from March 08 through to February 09. Wind direction is the bottom chart and the lines across are top to bottom North, West, South, East and then again North.

March08 April08

post-2081-1236826644.gif post-2081-1236826581.gif

May08 June08

post-2081-1236826652.gif post-2081-1236826635.gif

July08 August08

post-2081-1236826628.gif post-2081-1236826588.gif

September08 October08

post-2081-1236826674.gif post-2081-1236826667.gif

November08 December08

post-2081-1236826660.gif post-2081-1236826598.gif

January09 February09

post-2081-1236826620.gif post-2081-1236826611.gif

My apologies for such a large post but I feel compelled to educate those on here who feel they are superior.

Edit to add link to source - Wunderground

:018:

its just like being back in geography class :thumb04:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Don't sit in the main stand, you face the driving rain and if the sun ventures out, then it's hands over the eyes time.

Its only the old folks that sit in the main stand the youth of the day are in the north :rotflmao:

Its only the old folks that sit in the main stand the youth of the day are in the north :rotflmao:

north stand, section e, f or g is the best place :thumb04:

Talking of wind theres some git who sits somewhere around my area North Stand section J who lets off wind every game

:018:

I wish the culprit would please give it a rest cos i'm fed up of being nearly knocked out with the stink !

:D

;) :lol: :015: :rotflmao:

SO THE ANSWER TO THE THREAD, THE WIND BLOWS FROM THE NORTH STAND :thumb04:

How many charts must 5th Stand load down

Before you call him a man?

Yes, 'n' how many seas must a Birddog sail

Before he hits the dry land?

Yes, 'n' how many times must the Dzebi Zadi fly

Before he is forever banned?

The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,

The answer is blowin' in the wind.

How many years can an aquifer exist

Before it's washed to the sea?

Yes, 'n' how many years can moderators exist

Before we're allowed to talk free?

Yes, 'n' how many times can Renegade post,

Pretending he knows what he means?

How many times must we play the Old Firm

Before we are sponsored by Sky?

Yes, 'n' how many ears must IHE have

Before he can hear Lizi cry?

Yes, 'n' how many posts will it take till he knows

That his wisdom has many on his side?

Guest birdog

How many charts must 5th Stand load down

Before you call him a man?

Yes, 'n' how many seas must a Birddog sail

Before he hits the dry land?

Yes, 'n' how many times must the Dzebi Zadi fly

Before he is forever banned?

How many years can an aquifer exist

Before it's washed to the sea?

Yes, 'n' how many years can moderators exist

Before we're allowed to talk free?

Yes, 'n' how many times can Renegade post,

Pretending he knows what he means?

How many times must we play the Old Firm

Before we are sponsored by Sky?

Yes, 'n' how many ears must IHE have

Before he can hear Lizi cry?

Yes, 'n' how many posts will it take till he knows

That his wisdom has many on his side?

'kin class Johndo 'kin class

Might look old on the outside but your young at heart. :rotflmao:

The wind doesnt blow across the park as anyone who has ever been to game knows. It moves round but its most frequent direction is diagonally from SW to NE corners, even then probably more skewed to the SW. It comes up the glen, but the Moray Firth Maltings puts a bit of side on it. I have once or twice seen it coming from the NE, and when it does it brings snow with it.

Watch what way the rats are facing. That is a good clue.

renegade - you do no the wind changes direction :thumb04:

Yeah, I know that I aint that stupid (as far as I know). But think about it. If the wing is blowing from the south to the north, if you were to knock the ball long and had a nippy forward who could get behind the defender what you could do is hoof the ball, the wind forward carry it over the head of the centre-back and then the forward could latch onto it and slip it past the keeper. If the wing is blowing from say the east to the west, then if the ball is croosed from the eastern side of the park then a driven will be some momentum and all it needs is someone to stick their head in the right direction and it's a goal. If you wanted a higher cross, you'd cross a higher ball in the wind so it stays up a bit, longer and then someone could try and knock it in. Simple.

This is a contender for post of the year :018: Another classic from Renegade :rotflmao:

renegade - you do no the wind changes direction ;)

This is a contender for post of the year :rotflmao: Another classic from Renegade :thumb04:

Ahahahaha quality :018: