FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scotland Squad

Harry Chibber

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Subs: McGregor, Barr, Hutton, McCormack, Gavin Rae, Caldwell/McManus (how many subs are they aloud???)

Just a couple of noisy ones and a few quiet ones!

Thanks for pointing that out :rotflmao:

Allowed*

Edited by Muir-Jaggie

I think we are going to get absolutely murdered. Burley seems to have accepted that we won't get anything against Holland and is not going to risk anyone with the slightest hint of an injury (Hutton, McManus etc) if they are not fully fit.

As for Darren Barr......well if he plays, somebody can just shoot me now.

Our very depleted squad doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for the game against Iceland either...

Revised team from me:

McGregor

Caldwell

Whittaker - Wilkie - Berra - Naysmith

D. Fletcher - Brown - Ferguson/Rae

Clarkson

McCormack

More attacking than I'd have liked, with a lack of natural balance. Expect a stuffing!

I sincerely hope not... Clarkson & McCormack up front? Miller may not be everyone's cup of tea but he has always been excellent for Scotland.

You may be on to something with us playing 3 centre backs but when was Wilkie called up?

Wilkie hasn't been called up but this is if I was picking the team. I'm not going to limit myself to who Burley thinks should be in the squad. As far as I'm concerned, Wilkie is the best CB outside the Old Firm - and I've been saying that for the past few months too.

I thought Miller was also out? Or is it just doubtful? If he is in, then yeah, Miller for Clarkson. Note: no Steven Fletcher. I'd rather have Riordan in. Fletcher, like Kenny Miller, just isn't a striker. Attacking midfielder? Yep, I can live with that but just not lethal enough to be a striker.

Yeh Berra has improved vastly over the years, and I have absolutely no problem with him playing CB. It's just the thought of Darren Barr up against the likes of Dirk Kuyt, Arjen Robben, Robin van Persie et al that's scaring the living daylights out of me. :rotflmao:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Yeh Berra has improved vastly over the years, and I have absolutely no problem with him playing CB. It's just the thought of Darren Barr up against the likes of Dirk Kuyt, Arjen Robben, Robin van Persie et al that's scaring the living daylights out of me. :rotflmao:

The 1 we have to watch is KLAAS-JAN HUNTELAAR

Does Ruud Van Nistelrooy still play for the Netherlands???

Whittaker drafted into the squad to cover for defenders what about russell anderson ex-aberdeen???

Think if i remeber hearing correctly, Russell Anderson snapped his achilles tendon playing for Plymouth last season and is sill injured.

The 1 we have to watch is KLAAS-JAN HUNTELAAR

Does Ruud Van Nistelrooy still play for the Netherlands???

Ruud is out for the season injured IIRC

Even without him though there is enough quality in their attack to frighten any defence. Not confident about this one, especially with our squad so depleted.

Edited by Libero

Here's my new team, taking account of in injuries.

---------------McGregor----------------

Alexander---Caldwell---Berra---Naysmith

----------Ferguson---Fletcher-------------

Rae-------------Brown-------------Morrison

------------------Miller----------------------

The back 4 is worrying. Apart from that it's not a bad team. At least 7 first choices.

If we defend well then we can get a draw.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

If we defend well then we can get a draw.

Cant see that happening. Were missing for to many key players. Lets just get this over and done with

Even if McCormack and Teale get in behind for the crosses, who's going to score? Kenny Miller?? None of the midfield trio score much either. Without McCormack or Boyd upfront (or even Iwelumo - I know I know...), what's the point of an offensive team? I'd actually prefer Miller on the right and McCormack up front myself in that team.

Guest 19thNovember2003

McGregor

?Alexander Berra Caldwell Naysmith(L)

?McCormack Brown Feguson Fletcher Teale(L)

Miller

I can see it being

Holland 5-0 Scotland

The Netherlands will have a field day down either wing, especially with Scotland's right side.

Final Score I think

Netherlands 7 - 0 Scotland

Even if McCormack and Teale get in behind for the crosses, who's going to score? Kenny Miller?? None of the midfield trio score much either. Without McCormack or Boyd upfront (or even Iwelumo - I know I know...), what's the point of an offensive team? I'd actually prefer Miller on the right and McCormack up front myself in that team.

We`may well score. My concern having seen the line-up is how Alexander and Naysmith will cope with the Dutch wide-men without protection in front of them.