FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Captain Next Season

Renegade

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Be The ICT Captain Next Season?

• Grant Munro
    • Ross Tokely
    • Ryan Esson
    • Richard Hastings
    • Lionel Djebi-Zadi
    • David Proctor
    • Roy McBain
    • Dougie Imrie
    • Richie Foran
    • Russell Duncan
    • Someone Else (Please State)

got to be roscoe

might not be the best player in the world but no other ict player can match his loyalty and passion for the club.

Why do you think that? Has Grant not shown the same loyalty and passion? What about Russell has he not? Do you know what makes a good captain? :P

I would stick with Grant, unless he felt it was right for him to pass it on.

Nope, grant has not shown the same amount of passion for the club. In several games last season Munro lacked a sense of fight or reponsibility, not exactly ideal for a man supposed to lead the players onto the pitch and lead them for the 90 minutes.

Russel would probably be my second choice, once again not the best player but someone who can get the others rallying around him.

Roscoe however has shown that he cares and when the chips were down and we looked like slipping to defeat, the amount of times the man has produced something to spark us into life is immense. (i'm thinking against hearts in brewsters first game and against st mirren away this year). Munro does not have these qualities.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a feeling that Butcher might opt for a change, especially given how he was talking up Ross in the press towards the end of last season.

I think we have 2 capable captains in Ross or Grant, and wouldn't be upset at it being either.

Man management is very difficult at the best of times but to man manage youngsters, who probably have an inflated opinion of their own ability and get the best out of them behind the scenes, as well as on the park, without creating friction, must need special skills.

It is easy therefore to accept that this role could have an impact on a players output on the field. I do remember a top premier club captain who went over the top, I can see him on the edge of the park, questioning a decision, with very angry attitude, all caught on closeup TV but I can't remember his name. They stripped him of his responsibility and he was able to concentrate on his playing again.

This additional responsibility is second nature to some and therefore TB will have been watching players with this in mind since he came here.

I do feel we need Grantie the defender, with no other baggage but Rossco can sometimes be guilty of deserting his post and he sometimes needs a call to return but his enthusiasm is infectious.

I favour the old Aberdeen system where Miller was the captain but McLeish was the mouth piece on the park for shouting at the players. Miller dealt with the referee and the press. We all know about his on park spats with referees but he also dictated that every press man had to put cash in the kitty for photo shoots and all players received a share, not just the 'stars' - a captains role taken to extreme!

So maybe Grantie/Duncan or Esson/Grantie or Grantie/Rossco etc. - a task shared could maybe create less armband pressure.

even when Grant was of the pitch on Tuesday he was still leading the team.

How?

shouting from the sidelines

So was TB & MM :) should one of them be made captain for shouting at the sidelines?

I was just making the point that Munro is very dedicated to his role :)

even when Grant was of the pitch on Tuesday he was still leading the team.

How?

shouting from the sidelines

So was TB & MM :) should one of them be made captain for shouting at the sidelines?

I was just making the point that Munro is very dedicated to his role :)

and roscoe isnt when he's captain

Munro is a good leader.

Sorry but that's utter nonsense. What leadership qualities does Munro have, apart some apparent "shouting" that only you have witnessed. Esson shouts maybe he should be made captain. Imrie shouts maybe he should be captain. Everytime I'm at a game, I shout. Maybe I should be made captain. A leader is someone who can influence and rally the troops to victory like Bobby Mann did and Darren Dods (and maybe to a lesser extent Golabek). Munro doesn't do that. ICT need someone like the aforementioned Dods and Mann to lead them. With Munro they have no hope of that.

No, nor do we care. :)

:)

I seem to recollect CC only gave Munro the captaincy because he was local, had been at the club for a while and played centre-half. He may be a good leader off the park, but if he can't be one on the park where leadership is needed most then he shouldn't be captain.

In no way am I calling for him to be dropped here either, he can be a good defender, but since he's been captain he's been poor at best and is no longer the stopper he was a few seasons ago. This can probably be put down to not having a decent player along side him after Dods left, and extra captaincy duties. Make someone else captain and there's a chance he could go back to his best.

I'm guilty of voting for someone else but unable to name at this stage. My hope is that Cumberland has an ace up his sleeve and some experienced midfield hardman/general will arrive at TCS before the start of the season. Best place to skipper from IMO.

Renegade is calling for it.......surely thats enough to convince Terry that he isn't a capable captain.

I think that Grant is good off the pitch. In the training ground, dressing room on match days and speaking to the press.

In the dressing room I can see him being able to motivate the boys more than Tokely who I don't think some of the players respect because he's such a hothead and so unpredictable.

Anyway it's been confirmed that Grant will continue as Captain and quite right too. Imagine would potential unrest that could cause in the squad. Changing the captain but still starting him every week, wouldn't be good.

Edited by roscoe23

I seem to recollect CC only gave Munro the captaincy because he was local, had been at the club for a while and played centre-half. He may be a good leader off the park, but if he can't be one on the park where leadership is needed most then he shouldn't be captain.

Yes I'm sure they were the only factors behind Christie's decision.

Edited by chris123