FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Captain Next Season

Renegade

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Be The ICT Captain Next Season?

• Grant Munro
    • Ross Tokely
    • Ryan Esson
    • Richard Hastings
    • Lionel Djebi-Zadi
    • David Proctor
    • Roy McBain
    • Dougie Imrie
    • Richie Foran
    • Russell Duncan
    • Someone Else (Please State)

I think the former captain of Rangers and England, a man with unquestionable leadership qualities on the park, is probably far better placed than us to know if Granty can do it or not.

As the decision has been made, lets hope that under Butcher's tutelage he will finally convince the skeptics that there is a good reason why three different managers have shown faith in him as captain.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Tokely. A few reasons.

I have watched him organising the defence at free kicks and corners and keeping younger players right on the pitch.

I also believe the captaincy would make him more level headed.

I think Grant Munro would play better without the pressure of being captain. He is a credit to the team but last season was hardly his best.

And last reason of all - just the small matter that he led us to relegation last season!!!

You could conversly argue that Tolkely cost us our place in the SPL through by getting himself sent off early in our last vital game !

He was playing in a position he's not all that comfortable with.... Might have been a different story if he'd been at RB on that fateful day...

But I think we may have already discussed this!

Grant Munro (IMO) doesnt have that fire in the belly quality a good leader needs. I observed him in the last game of the season, when he really needed to set an exapmle. lets just say, a weaker captains performance i have NEVER witnessed! Especially with the game meaning so much.

• 3 weeks later...

Here you claim Black made "cowardly" tackles, would you have said it to him? YOU refered to the then star player of ICT as acting cowardly, so don't come on here and pretend to be all innocent.

The difference on your last post is I post what I see, and what I believe should be done. Most of the time with constructive criticism should it warrant it, you on the other do neither of those things and only seem to come on here to make a pig of yourself.

Edited by Renegade

The amount of posters who agree or disagree means nowt. What's more cowardly going in for a tackle or hopeless punts forward cause you're too afraid to do anything else, I've made my assumption and I stick with it so don't try and drag me down on that. I'm got stop this here before your silly mud slinging kicks in again, maybe you should go out for a walk and come back and become a respectful and decent poster. If people wanted to argue with morons they'd go to P&B.

Edited by Renegade

Just flicking through the ICT v Motherwell yesterday, and in the Captain's Collumn Grant Munro came up with something I couldn't believe. And I quote here:

This afternoon we warmly welcome the officials, management and players of Motherwell FC back to the stadium for what should be another excellent game between two sides who like to play open attacking football.

Sorry what? Open attacking football are you having a laugh!? Why oh why is someone captain who couldn't even tell what type of football was being played? But here's the other thing, why do ICT have such a cowardly captain. He doesn't have the fire in his belly and in your captain, you want someone whom you can look up to and is brave on the pitch. Dods was brave, Mann was brave, and Munro is what? Wimpy that's what. Playing the ball on the deck as Dods and Mann did, you never saw an iota of cowardice in them. Punting aimless long balls forward, that's cowardly.

Thats all .

What I understand from most of your posts, is that you've never played a competetive game of football in your life and wouldn't know what to do if you did. Your idiotic topics, your stupid team selections, if you want to be taken seriously then start posting seriously. Have you been to the last two games? Get off Munro's back and start supporting the team!

I am with Mike on this one .....

as for dragging the site down ? like many other posters you BOTH (DC & Renegade) have your moments so its very much a case of pot/kettle as far as I am concerned.

However Renegade, this one is all on you. You are trying to resurrect a dead topic by stirring up controversy about our club captain from a blurb in a program from gawd knows how long ago that probably wasnt even written by him just has his name against it.

Are you actually a supporter ? Fair dos to criticise players for a bad performance or say why one should be captain over another but to systematically abuse him by calling him cowardly and all sorts of other things, when you havent even seen him play in these games is not the actions of a fan as far as I am concerned.

This topic and poll died the moment Terry Butcher named Grant as his captain for the season so it will probably be closed very soon.