FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Captain Next Season

Renegade

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Be The ICT Captain Next Season?

• Grant Munro
    • Ross Tokely
    • Ryan Esson
    • Richard Hastings
    • Lionel Djebi-Zadi
    • David Proctor
    • Roy McBain
    • Dougie Imrie
    • Richie Foran
    • Russell Duncan
    • Someone Else (Please State)

Who should be ICT captain next season? For me the only decent option should be Tokely. He's the only one who shows any captain qualities (thoughs being leader etc.). From what I can see, hoofer Grant shouldn't be anywhere near the captaincy. He isn't a leader at all, though there really is now ultra-strong candidate at ICT anymore, that went with Dods. Discuss.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who should be ICT captain next season? For me the only decent option should be Tokely. He's the only one who shows any captain qualities (thoughs being leader etc.). From what I can see, hoofer Grant shouldn't be anywhere near the captaincy. He isn't a leader at all, though there really is now ultra-strong candidate at ICT anymore, that went with Dods. Discuss.

I was really torn between Ritchie Foran and Ross Tokely but I gave the nod to RF. I'm sure that Ross will skipper the side one day.

Edited by caleyboy

got to be roscoe

might not be the best player in the world but no other ict player can match his loyalty and passion for the club.

I voted for Ross too, but we might still have been in SPL if he'd been a little less passionate against Falkirk. He plays with his heart a little too much and he needs to use his head more if made captain.

I voted Rossco too but I think Esson would be a very good choice.

I like Grant but I think it'd be best to take the pressure off him and let him concentrate on his game more.

I think that'd be beneficial all round.

I went with Esson, I would like to make Rossco captain but I feel it would honestly be a distraction to his game. I wouldn't make foran the captain, he needs to concentate on his own game to get the best out of him.

got to be roscoe

might not be the best player in the world but no other ict player can match his loyalty and passion for the club.

Why do you think that? Has Grant not shown the same loyalty and passion? What about Russell has he not? Do you know what makes a good captain? :015:

I would stick with Grant, unless he felt it was right for him to pass it on.

got to be roscoe

Why do you think that? Has Grant not shown the same loyalty and passion? What about Russell has he not? Do you know what makes a good captain? :D

I would stick with Grant, unless he felt it was right for him to pass it on.

Largely based on his performances last season i think he is a less capable defender than Rosscoe and he gave away a multitude of goals due to poor organization of his back four. Surely if you're going to captain other members of the squad shouldn't you at least be comfortable with your own position first? I think if his captaincy was stripped he might up his game with less responsibility and serve as a better defender. He is a loyal servant to the club but I think Rosscoe would make a considerably better captain as his passion is very visual and apparent when he's on the pitch - if his team-mates see this he could prove a better motivator to these on-field players than Grant who spends the majority of matches looking like a bewildered tortoise.

Goalkeepers should never be captains, as they can't communicate with the whole team on the pitch.

The only goalkeeper i know who did sh*t hot as a captain was Oliver Kahn

Not quite in the same league but was Hamish McAlpine not pretty good for Partick?

Who do you think picks the Captain? Is it the manager or is it down to the other members of the team? Interested to find out who actually picked Grant. :D

I seem to mind reading an interview with Brewster round about the time of Munro's appointment in which said he asked the players who they'd want to be captain after Dods left...

As far as I can remember he said the players' decision was unanimous.

I think that been captain had a negative effect on Grants overall game, some players thrive on been captain and some don't. I think Tokley would thrive on it and for that reason he would be my choice.

Edited by stevico1

Who do you think picks the Captain? Is it the manager or is it down to the other members of the team? Interested to find out who actually picked Grant. :004:

I seem to mind reading an interview with Brewster round about the time of Munro's appointment in which said he asked the players who they'd want to be captain after Dods left...

So the players wrote down on a bit of paper who they wanted to be captain and then someone picked it out of a hat :D

Goalkeepers should never be captains, as they can't communicate with the whole team on the pitch.

I would stick by Munro.

I don't think that's true. Kahn was a great captain, as is Cassilas in Spain, and not forgeting Schmeichel. He was a leader and could easily comminicate with everyone on the pitch cause he never stopped shouting.

Who do you think picks the Captain? Is it the manager or is it down to the other members of the team? Interested to find out who actually picked Grant. :)

Who do you think picks the Captain? Is it the manager or is it down to the other members of the team? Interested to find out who actually picked Grant. :)

I seem to recollect something similar but Charlie Christie felt that centre-half was the best position for a captain so he went with Munro. Poor choice in my book.

Personally - unless you have a "leader" who is head and shoulders above all the others for the role - I would favour a centre half or defensive central midfielder as opposed to a forward or left/right sided player as I think the captain should be someone who can see the game happening all around him.

As we dont seem to have a Bobby Mann or Darren Dods type figure in the team who is miles ahead of anyone in terms of leadership, I will therefore be happy with whoever the manager picks as he will base it not just on what we see on the park but likely on what he sees around him in day to day club life. Given Butcher's own leadership qualities as both a player and as a manager I think he will make the right choice.

I would be happy to see Granty continue in the role, but if it were Rosscoe, or the choice that I selected which was Russell Duncan I wouldnt be too unhappy.

I'm not really that bothered who...just now Grant.. He is just a hoofer, and doesnt command much on the pitch, Rossco with the free will of TB would do the job... if not like i said anyone just not Grant!!