Inverness CT 1-3 Dundee United (FT)

caleyrule

Much better showing. Terry probly gave them whatfor after the other night. Nothing to add on the above, the new lads looked the business and if TerrynJune can get them working well together, we will see some happy sights next season.

What about Lionel in Central Defence? dint he do well?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one seems to have anything really to say today, It seems that if he's done bad then everyones got everything to say, If he does good.... nothing.... if he loses but still does well....nothing to say, Im starting to think that a lot of our fans on here only really like it when they have somthing negitive to say... rant over..

I just don't think a lot of fans cared about last night. I certainly didn't. It was only a friendly after all. The only games that matter just now are the upcoming league games and of course these Cup ones before hand. A friendly against Dundee United is hardly going to provoke a lot of debate.

Edited by RiG

thats not just our fans, or website contributors, that is society in general these days ....... If there is no bad news, then there is no news at all. Fortunately (for the papers and TV companies at least) there never seems to be any shortage of bad news going around so there is always something to bitch, moan and gripe at.

I didnt say we were **** after the Montrose game, and I am not going to say we are great after this game .... it is way too early to tell, although, as an eternal optimist, I am looking forward to this season - especially if we get pen to paper with Sanchez and Bulvitus.

I know we face Annan this weekend, and the result of that one is not going to phase me either .... as far as I am concerned, there is only one thing that matters this season and that is how we do in the league so my praise or bitching and moaning will start in earnest with the Dumbfarmlife game.

I hear you Scotty, It just bugs me that last week it was like banging your head on a wall with folk writing us off before the start of the season, But Im in your camp, cups are a bonus but this year everything is hanging on going up!!

I didn't think either side impressed last night - the only positives for me were Eagles, Sanchez and Cox, and Tokely restored to RB...

Lionel was even more scary in central defence than at L.B.... I'd love to see him tried up front as a target man/striker.

TB and MM have a lot of work ahead of them if they expect to be challenging for the SFL title...

One area for debate - no, two and I will start with the second one first!

Scotty, those young ladies definately dilute your offering, keeping my eyes on your written word is very difficult, however, maybe I am at a funny age!

My main point is, why can the team raise their game v Utd and play such crap in the cup game? I was not there last night but by all accounts we offered Utd a good test and we looked good ourselves even making many posters happy for the upcoming season BUT their performance only highlights how crap they were on Saturday - what happened in that 48 hours?

As Rig pointed out it was only a friendly and if our performance mirrored that then we would be more understanding - up for the cup, not too bothered over the friendly - this was the opposite!

No one seems to have anything really to say today, It seems that if he's done bad then everyones got everything to say, If he does good.... nothing.... if he loses but still does well....nothing to say, Im starting to think that a lot of our fans on here only really like it when they have somthing negitive to say... rant over..

What do you want us to say georgeios?

Around a dozen people have proffered their summation of the game, most positive, one or two not so easily pleased, however, the general concensus of opinion seems to be that the new guys are decent enough.

One area for debate - no, two and I will start with the second one first!

Scotty, those young ladies definately dilute your offering, keeping my eyes on your written word is very difficult, however, maybe I am at a funny age!

My main point is, why can the team raise their game v Utd and play such crap in the cup game? I was not there last night but by all accounts we offered Utd a good test and we looked good ourselves even making many posters happy for the upcoming season BUT their performance only highlights how crap they were on Saturday - what happened in that 48 hours?

As Rig pointed out it was only a friendly and if our performance mirrored that then we would be more understanding - up for the cup, not too bothered over the friendly - this was the opposite!

As mentioned in the Montrose game thread, the players thought they could just turn up and win against Montrose. They knew they had to work hard and play well against United to get anythnig from the game.