FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Drop zadi now!

Doofer

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most of the guys on this thread are just far to shy to admit they love Lionel.

Repeat after me......

I Love Lionel

You'll feel much better for it, trust me.

No I don't. Cant see the t-shirt being a big seller at the moment somehow. Sorry really want to like Lionel but.....

He's a hot and cold player. Can be brilliant, but also woeful. Yesterday was his worst but I would still play him before Richard Hastings who, apparantly, isn't the most popular in the dressing room and who besides that is pretty useless. Give Shinnie a try I say.

I would never boo somebody off the pitch while they are being subbed no matter how badly they played. Its not right to single him out like that while he is still on the pitch. By all means boo at the final whistle but not during the bloody game.

I actually clapped him off the pitch yesterday. Probably the only one but I would rather get behind him and get his confidence up for the next time he is on the pitch rather than potentially ruin the lad. You can all see that he is a confidence player and getting booed of the pitch is never going to help him

y do people want zadi dropped from the team all of the players can make mistakes and i dnt think he should be dropped. he is a good player as i have seen since hes been here. so leave him alone

y do people want zadi dropped from the team all of the players can make mistakes and i dnt think he should be dropped. he is a good player as i have seen since hes been here. so leave him alone

Were you at the game yesterday?

I only saw him make one pass to another ICT player. That was the only thing he did right. I dont agree with people booing him as he came off but I agree that he needs to get dropped for the next LEAGUE game not the cup game next week. As far as i am concerned it is all about the league so next week is the perfect opportunity to give him another go to try and bounce back which is what all of the players need

The guy is a complete and utter liability and far too dodgy a player to have on your back line. He cost us dearly last season, and yesterday was another example of him just gifting the other team possession and chances.

His clearances yesterday were going about 30 yards into the air and then into our own penalty area.

Defo need to get Dick back in methinks. Saw him at Fairways this morning aswell so he's still living. :D

IHE will be having a field day when he sees this topic..

If you read my post you would see that i'm not basing it on yesterday's performance, but also last season.

Fair enough everybody has off days, About 11 of our lot did yesterday, but Lionel has been a consistent liability for us since he started playing regularly. Why he is still starting for us is beyond me, we have better options in McBain and Dick, and possibly even Shinnie, IMHO.

I was one of the ones that booed yesterday, I'm entitled to my opinion, and believe the players deserve to know when the fans aren't happy.

Yesterdays performance from most of the team was totally unacceptable and heartless and deserved booed.

Those who say you should never do it though, can see where you're coming from but we'll agree to disagree eh.

Game gone now though and in the past, let's focus on the next one now.

the booing yesterday was a total disgrace regardless of your view on lional.

i'm betting most of it was from the couple of thousand glory hunters that don't come to the lower profile games and see that he's been pretty immense since almost the new year.

he does make you nervous at times but yesterday's nightmare aside he hasn't been any more prone to mistakes than several other players.

The mistakes he's making are costing us though, dearly.

And coz of the position he plays it's just gifting the opposition chances, and sometimes goals.

His attempted clearances were so poor yesterday. It's no wonder C*unty were p!ssing themselves laughing when we signed him.

He's not been a consistent liability at all....you're starting to exaggerate and get carried away with yourself.

I've not totted up all the points for the PotY voting so far, but there's a couple of games where Lionel has scored pretty well, and if I could be bother going to check then I'm sure some of those getting hysterical will have voted for him at some point.

Not defending his performance yesterday, but some people really do need to give themselves a bit of a shake.

Not defending his performance yesterday, but some people really do need to give themselves a bit of a shake.

Lionel being one of them :lol:

He has been a liability and cost us with mistakes in important games. Yes everyone makes mistakes, it's part of life. But it's happening a few times too often with Lionel, and there's other people kicking their heels on the bench or wasting away in the reserves, who could maybe do a better job than him, given the chance.

All i'm saying is these players deserve to be given a chance ahead of him.

Edited by DingwallAway

He's not been a consistent liability at all....you're starting to exaggerate and get carried away with yourself.

I've not totted up all the points for the PotY voting so far, but there's a couple of games where Lionel has scored pretty well, and if I could be bother going to check then I'm sure some of those getting hysterical will have voted for him at some point.

People need to stop taking the POTY Voting as a measure of assessing an individual's contribution on a football pitch.

Anyone who thinks LDZ will ever be a full back needs to give themselves a bit of a shake.

In this instance, the only thing I'm taking the PotY voting as a measure off is the fan opinion, an opinion which is being blown all out of proportion by the very same folk who have been voting for him in previous weeks.

It wouldn't surprise me to find that some of our fans are fitted with nose rings given how easily led they can be.

i think he has confidence issues, like when he makes a mistake seems to be a liability from then on so the booing would just make things worst and your bumhole just twitches every time he is on the ball!

He does add a bit of excitement to the game though, you never know what is gonna happen next! Il be surprised if he gets dropped, Butcher has never seemed interested in dick or roy.

In this instance, the only thing I'm taking the PotY voting as a measure off is the fan opinion, an opinion which is being blown all out of proportion by the very same folk who have been voting for him in previous weeks.

It wouldn't surprise me to find that some of our fans are fitted with nose rings given how easily led they can be.

Speaking of play of the year vote. Are we not having one for the county game :lol:

you seem to be defending him quite a bit!! Would he be in your starting 11?

I know that is not directed at me but I would play him against Partick. Its only a cup game and it is a perfect chance to see if he can bounce back. It is better than playing him in a league game which is im my opinion way more important than the challenge cup

I remember a few people on here saying Lionel made mistakes last season but i cant remember any of them

You must have a sh*t memory...

The one that stands out in my mind was against st mirren when he passed straight to andy dorman who was at the 6 yards ox for a simple tap in. We won 2.1 eventually

I know that is not directed at me but I would play him against Partick. Its only a cup game and it is a perfect chance to see if he can bounce back. It is better than playing him in a league game which is im my opinion way more important than the challenge cup

Its also the perfect chance to make changes to the team ahead of a massive game down at morton in 2 weeks. Mainly Lionel out!!!!