FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Drop zadi now!

Doofer

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay, I think you may be wrong in your last post. Having looked at the team for thread for the last two games I see that 100% of those who posted a line-up had Lionel starting. I cant be bothered trawling through for the other games but I think I'd find similar posts.

And there is the difference. You said 100% of the people that posted - something I'm not disputing. "absent friend" just said 100% of the people on this forum, which is simply not true.

Even from when Zadi started playing under Butcher I have voiced my opinion that I'd prefer to see McBain playing there ahead of him - something many fans at the time agreed with.

I totally understand the hurt on Saturday, I also understand the human need to find a scapegoat but players do have good and not so good days and management only have so many subs they can use in any game.

Perhaps if he were subbed early we would have won 10-0 because, let's face it, Ross County weren't very good and changing that one player would have made all the difference.

Perhaps booing him earlier would have made him play so much better, so it could be the fans fault.

I have a problem with this anti Zadi feeling because, as I have already stated, even Zadi's biggest critic, IHE, has this year, in his after match smileys, supported Zadi and has picked him as his selection at LB for upcoming games and Zadi has been picked as a team member for upcoming games by 100% of the fans on this forum this year!

'Lionel is a liability and not good enough for inverness, FACT!'

Wise in hindsight comes to mind!!

Your bit in bold is simply not true. Not even close.

Jay, if I had stated almost 100% would that have made you agree with the rest of my post??

Can I assume that it is only this statistic you differ with.

You accept he allowed Ross County win the game, that the booing was inspirational for the player and everyone and their cat, knew he was going to perform badly on the day.

I rate Mcbain, and like LDZ from a watching 'Edge of the seat stuff' and mainly when we are already winning... however he is woefull most of the time, If I had to pick who played LB then Mcbain would be a better option but still think McBain could be used better else where...

Jay, if I had stated almost 100% would that have made you agree with the rest of my post??

Can I assume that it is only this statistic you differ with.

You accept he allowed Ross County win the game, that the booing was inspirational for the player and everyone and their cat, knew he was going to perform badly on the day.

To clarify for you - you claimed 100% of the fans on this forum want LDZ at left back and have done over the last year. Hence my "not even close" comment. IMO over the last year I'd go with a figure of around 60-70%.

I haven't given my opinion on the rest of your post but since you're interested:

I believe LDZ cost us the game against County. (Note the difference from what you've suggested). I don't believe the booing was inspirational to the player, but I do believe it was necessary to highlight to Butcher that the fans have had enough of LDZ attempting to play football.

absent friend can you not just accept you were wrong ?

I at no time defended Zadi for his play on Saturday - you are welcome to trawl the threads to ascertain that.

I made three points.

1) I have merely pointed out the hypocrisy of some of the fans in picking this player for the LB slot in the upcoming game selection and then coming on here stating he is not fit to wear an ICT shirt.

2) Stating that booing him helps in some way.

3) If he was subbed we somehow would have won the game on Saturday when all our players were below par or, God forbid, Ross County were better than us.

Where am I wrong??

1) I have merely pointed out the hypocrisy of some of the fans in picking this player for the LB slot in the upcoming game selection and then coming on here stating he is not fit to wear an ICT shirt.

Where am I wrong??

You are wrong in that I have never, ever said I wish LDZ to be part of our starting lineup. If I have never said it, I'm pretty certain there are others in the same boat - thus blowing your "100%" stat out of the water.

Where am I wrong??

You are wrong in that I have never, ever said I wish LDZ to be part of our starting lineup. If I have never said it, I'm pretty certain there are others in the same boat - thus blowing your "100%" stat out of the water.

I do realise you are a big contributer to the forum but you will accept that when I say 'some of the fans' I may not always include you.

I do realise you are a big contributer to the forum but you will accept that when I say 'some of the fans' I may not always include you.

[Pedantry Alert]But you didn't say "some of the fans" you said "100% of the fans".[/Pedantry Alert]

^_^

Jay and AF. Could you take your arguement to PM. Its becoming tedious for the rest of us.

I will however put my tuppence worth in here. When Zadi is on form, and the rest of the team are playing to an expected standard, he is exciting to watch. you never know what he's going to do next. He can play well and he can create openings. He can even score the odd goal. And he can make the odd mistake. But so can every other member of our squad.

Zadi is a confidence player. He needs everything around him to be going well for him to perform well. When the team run onto the pitch displaying the sort of nervousness that can be felt around the ground Zadi plays bad. When they come out brimming with confidence and the singing gets going Zadi plays well.

I dont think its time to drop him but then, what do I know. I've only been interested in this game for forty odd years.

Jay and AF. Could you take your arguement to PM. Its becoming tedious for the rest of us.

I will however put my tuppence worth in here. When Zadi is on form, and the rest of the team are playing to an expected standard, he is exciting to watch. you never know what he's going to do next. He can play well and he can create openings. He can even score the odd goal. And he can make the odd mistake. But so can every other member of our squad.

Zadi is a confidence player. He needs everything around him to be going well for him to perform well. When the team run onto the pitch displaying the sort of nervousness that can be felt around the ground Zadi plays bad. When they come out brimming with confidence and the singing gets going Zadi plays well.

I dont think its time to drop him but then, what do I know. I've only been interested in this game for forty odd years.

I agree with all of what your saying there Alex, As ive said he is great to watch when hes on form... knock his form and he is a bomb scare... as for goals I dont recall any...

Alex , you state Zadi scores goals , can you tell us how many he's scored in his time here ?

None here or anywhere else but he scored one of the penalties against Montrose and that back flip overhead scissor kick is not far away. He has on more than one occassion been on target though not scored.

[Pedantry Alert]But you didn't say "some of the fans" you said "100% of the fans".[/Pedantry Alert]

^_^

I thought you had accepted Alex's correction of my statement, "100% of the fans that had posted a team selection" - I concede that with the wide difference of opinions on here, knowing what 100% of the fans think on any matter would be difficult!

Alex point taken, I am now off to have a wee liquid refreshment(well it is mid afternoon!) and leave this matter in more knowledgeable hands.

Don't know if anyone else noticed this but I seemed to think that Lionel didn't seem to be himself last week, I wonder if he was still bothered by that arm injury he picked up against Albion.

No, can't say I noticed anything wrong with him last week. He was his usual bomb-scare self..

Don't know if anyone else noticed this but I seemed to think that Lionel didn't seem to be himself last week, I wonder if he was still bothered by that arm injury he picked up against Albion.

No. It was his feet that were the problem.

Well he wont have to use his feet tomorrow as hopefully he will be warming up the bench.

I agree with you when you say Zadi is a confidence player and when all is going well he is exciting to watch, however, would you not agree to be a successful footballer you need to be able to perform well when the going gets tough and things aren't going well for the team. I like Zadi but when we play him there is a risk and a good chance that something could horribly go wrong.

never even made the bench yesterday is there a rumour going around on zadi has left the building

Can't see that being true as he signed a contract at the start of the season. He'll do for covering Golly (Are we allowed to say this now after all that went on?) and Shinnie.