FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Partick Th -V- ICT : matchday thread

Scotty

Have to say that was one of the best atmosphere i have been part of all season. What made the difference today was that everyone in the stand was takin part and the roar and the end showed how much it meant to everybody. Loved the subs faces when we started the "we're top of the league" chant. The players reaction at the end, Esson in particular, showed how much these boys want to succeed. Was a cracking day out and here's hopin the rest of the season stays this way. The whole team performed really well, bar eric who was just behind the play but i still think he has a part to play. Rooney is on top form these days and its not just his finishing thats got better. The control of the ball outside the box was top notch and set up numerous chances. Cant wait to trash the county now

Couldn't agree more with that, the atmoshere was amazing, everyone behind the team, and as for the players and Terry at the final whistle, that was brilliant. Thought Rosco was going to jump the hordings and join us at one point.

Got to give credit to the Partick keeper though, he really saved their skins in the first half with some cracking saves, as 1-0 did not really reflect how well we played especially in the first half.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got to give credit to the Partick keeper though, he really saved their skins in the first half with some cracking saves, as 1-0 did not really reflect how well we played especially in the first half.

Is it just me...or is that not normally the case? Seems like for years and years now....goalies play out of their skin against us!

What a game! I would go as far as saying that was one of the best performances ive seen from caley in a long time. The first half was superb and they played some amazing football. We really should have been 3 or 4 up and i was worried that all those missed chances would come back and haunt us. But the way we defended second half was nothing short of incredible. Every single one of them were defending like their life depended on it. They were throwing themselves at everything and it just proves the fighting spirit in this team.

Every single player had pass marks. Rooney was brilliant and should have had a hatrick. The back four were so solid with tokely winning everything in the air. Cox and duncan were always there winning everything in the middle.

But Ritchie Foran. Take a bow son! He was IMMENSE. He makes caley tick and its no surprise that since he came back we have had 2 big wins. His skill and ability along with his passion and winning mentality make him an absolute joy to watch. He is the true captain of this team and he should be given the armband straight away. His sheer will to win is getting through to all the team and if anyone in the team puts a foot wrong, they will soon know about it from him. Particularly liked him going mental at odhiambo yesterday for not making a run.

The most pleasing thing of all was the reaction of all the players at full time. You can really see how much this means to them and they are so up for it. Every single one of them was over to the away end and you could see it all in their faces. If we keep this sort of performance up till the end of the season then i cant see us letting this lead slip.

One terry butcher! Theres only one terry butcher!

But Richie Foran. Take a bow son! He was IMMENSE. He makes caley tick and its no surprise that since he came back we have had 2 big wins. His skill and ability along with his passion and winning mentality make him an absolute joy to watch. He is the true captain of this team and he should be given the armband straight away. His sheer will to win is getting through to all the team and if anyone in the team puts a foot wrong, they will soon know about it from him. Particularly liked him going mental at odhiambo yesterday for not making a run.

Agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee! He da man dancer.gif

Ithink if things keep going like this, there will be a lot of people eating humble pie come the end of the season. :lol:

I would be delighted if I have to :lol:

+ 1 for the humble pie if we succeed :lol:

I'll need a slice as well

not always. Remember the Falkirk goalie when we were down 2-1 and rankin scored those two free kicks into him?

also remember falkirk having the aptly named flounders in goal v us once who put in probably the worst goalkeeping performance ive seen at any level of football, yet looking back its easy to see where our problems lay as i think it only finished 1.0 to us or even 0.0

Liked this in the Herald

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/more-s...rness-1.1016659

Under 16 were free at Firhill on Saturday ,nice one.

Douglas Campbell is The Herald's tame Plastic Whistle supporter. Last time Caley got a result against them he did the match report and it was the sourest, whingiest I've ever read, just what you'd expect from one of the Firhill surname clan.

Maybe he's grown up.

Maybe he has :blink:

When we routinely put them out of the cup 3-0 a couple of years ago, I emailed him to inform him that he had got his report for The Herald mixed up with the one for the PTFC fanzine. You had to look really carefully to see who it was PTFC were playing, and that on a day when they barely touched the ball :)

I am not cursed :)

Best feeling I've had coming away from a match in over a year.. if it wasn't for Tuffey we would have scored 5 in the first and another 3 in the second. It was hard to believe the some of the saves he made, especially for quite a small keeper his reactions were second to Shay Given.

First time I've watched us play and thought we were a good team rather than a few individuals performing well. The back row and midfield defended as a unit and even when Partick had a spell of pressure we managed to keep the clean sheet.

Esson :) :) :) :)

Clean sheet, not much else you can ask from a keeper. He made a couple of good saves and looked solid throughout.

Proctor :) :) :) :)

Still prefer him as a midfielder and on a couple of occasions he was drifting out of position but never shirked a challenge... infact, for such a frail guy he relishes his sliding tackles there was 2 brilliant 50/50's that he came out with the ball

Golly :) :) :)

Stuck to his task, Buchanan had him for pace a couple of times but it's hard to have a bad word to say about him because you can tell he gives his all everytime he steps on the park

Munro :) :) :)

Did well defending but as always he needs to have a bit of composure when in possesion of the ball. Some terrible passes/punts up the park but all you can ever really ask for from a defender is that he keeps the ball away from our goal which he did... well.

Tokely :) :) :) :) :)

Lost count the number of headed clearances he made, worked well with Munro and is mobile for such a big guy. One of the outstanding performers on the park

Duncan :) :) :) :) :)

Never stopped, competed for everything and his passing was spot on. Even tried to join attack on a few occasions basically didn't put a foot wrong all game

Cox :) :) :)

He was good but faded in and out of the match. Worked hard but wasn't as effective as Duncan.

Foran :) :) :) :) :)

As caleytilidie posted "take a boo son" he looked a cut above the rest. Their right back didn't know what day it was. Foran won every header, drove at them whenever he got the ball cut inside to have numerous shots (all on target) and his cross for Rooney to score was an absolute peach.

Hayes :) :) :)

Still always a threat and worked as hard as ever but he wasn't at his best.. he never managed to beat his full back and that miss, although a great block, should have been in the back of the net. I thought he looked tired and if we didn't have such an important game this Tuesday I'd suggest he was given a rest so he's at his best for the final run of games.

Odhiambo :021: :(

Not really at the races, he had a few nice touches but he was always on his heels and Foran let him know exactly what he was thinking at one point. Some of the fans beside me were getting on his back after the first 10 minutes, which I didn't understand. They turned out to be right because it wasn't his best performance but it seems some people pick out certain players they don't like and aren't happy until they a) are taken off the park or :024: leave ICT completely. I can understand if the player's been poor after a period of time but to get on his back after 10 mins ffs???

Rooney :) :) :) :) :)

A mobile target man capable of taking on full backs, holding the ball and scoring 20 goals in a season. Tired towards the end but can't really blame him.

subs

Sanchez :) :)

Thought he was better than Oddie but more of the same from him, some fancy touches but didn't really produce anything of note. 1 point where he used an excellent bit of skill to get past their right back but his shot was poor. I don't mean to get on the guys case because he does a lot of things right but I'd love to see him start bagging a few goals.

Bully :)

Didn't have much time on the pitch but still managed to get the only yellow card of the day.

The celebrations at the end were excellent but hopefully not premature. We still have a lot of work to do and it would be horrible to see us throw this away after working so hard to get to the top.

Liked this in the Herald

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/more-s...rness-1.1016659

Under 16 were free at Firhill on Saturday ,nice one.

Douglas Campbell is The Herald's tame Plastic Whistle supporter. Last time Caley got a result against them he did the match report and it was the sourest, whingiest I've ever read, just what you'd expect from one of the Firhill surname clan.

Maybe he's grown up.

I dont really go with this "rivals stuff"; they are all pretty much the same to me, but I get particular pleasure when we beat Partick. And as you say the adjective that applies is "whingy", must be a Glesca thing.