Morton -V- ICT : matchnight thread

Scotty

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As long as I live I wil never go back to Cappilowe after the treatment of the fans by the stewards, breaking all sorts of laws, being aggressive and causing more problems then solutions. A disgrace.

yes agree 100% the stewards were bang out of order. :D

As long as I live I wil never go back to Cappilowe after the treatment of the fans by the stewards, breaking all sorts of laws, being aggressive and causing more problems then solutions. A disgrace.

yes agree 100% the stewards were bang out of order. :D

What happened? :D

Was at the County game and it was pretty grim until after Queens went ahead, then it was one way traffic to the Queens goal with County throwing everything at them. Barrowman missed more in this game than Sanchez has in a whole season. Deserved equlaiser and almost snatched the win but for some desperate defending and great goalkeeping.

Sean O'Conner can be a handful, but he lacks match sharpness.

Brilliant. 3 more wins and we're in the SPL. Well done lads.

2 wins and a draw

will the shop have the SPL numbers in for the tops???

Then your relying on Dundee dropping points. 3 wins and we are champions regardless.

Get in there Caley Jags.

Was at the County game, they will waste their season away if they keep playing Barrowman, useless. Even MFR were slagging him off.

Brilliant. 3 more wins and we're in the SPL. Well done lads.

2 wins and a draw

will the shop have the SPL numbers in for the tops???

Then your relying on Dundee dropping points. 3 wins and we are champions regardless.

was thinking Dundee had played same amount of games my mistake, ach they will drop points , Dundee that is

Well done tonight lads. Is that 17 unbeaten now? This could turn out to be a fantastic season for me. Newcastle back in the big time already and ICT doing a fine impression of champions elect.

Looks like this Saturday will be the defining game of our season.

If we win, the next 2 games after are 6 points. Dundee can/will drop points away to Partick, and County have to play away to Morton three days after getting mauled by Celtic.

Dundee and Ross County play Morton away and Airdrie away respectively the week after while we have home to the Pars with Munro and Cox missing.

Poor game but I enjoyed it none the less.

Morton and the Hearts guy (witenveen) in particular started well, but a good goal from Richie, after good wing play from Jonny Hayes, must have dampened their spirits.

I must say it was way short of one of our better performances but so saying, I thought most Caleyjags were good. Russell Duncan, for me, unusually had an off night, Procter wasn't up to much either. The rest did okay.

Jonny Hayes tormented them and certainly in the second half, when we looked more comfortable, Rooney's hold up play was top class. Golly had a good night too, he pulled down one of their strikers, when through, but for me it wasn't a clear cut scoring opportunity therefore a sendin off would have been harsh.

After Saturday I thought our defense held up well, for a split second though I thought Morton were going to score with a header but the ball smacked Rosscoe in the face, he didn't know much about it and was clearly hurt, thet apart they didn't really worry us.

Tell you what though, we did like to lump the ball up in the air for Rooney to chase !

That was a fairly scrappy game, spoiled at time by yet another crap referee, but it was a win and another three points. We didn't play well, didn't control the game and gave away too many balls. Esson had a couple of good stops that kept us in front.

Both goals were excellent though. First a perfect cross from Hayes found the head of Foran then ricocheted of the underside of the bar.

Second was a Rooney shot from 20 yards out and at a fairly acute angle.

All in all a pretty ugly performance but its points that count.

Wasnt exactly our finest perfomance but at the end of the day i couldn't care less with the 3 points in the bag. Thought Morton tried to play good football and fair play to them because they presured our defence. Golly was lucky not to see red but despite us not playing to our best we scored two cracking goals. Front three were quieter than normal due to our hump the ball long tactics but i thought rooney, especially in the second half, showed some great control and was a great goal he scored

Just for the record, it was actually Andy Barrowman who scored for Ross County although that didn't emerge until photos were looked at and players were interviewed after the match. It would appear that Barrowman hit the shot and it took a deflection, possibly off Scott Boyd, but general agreement - Barrowman goal.

County certainly had the better of the game and didn't deserve to go a goal down against 10 men. After that they just battered the QoS goal with increasing intensity until they got the equaliser with 25 seconds of normal time left - quite early in the game to score by ICT standards I suppose. :lol: County might well have won it when Jimmy Scott sent a shot way over the bar from 2-3 yards in the 92nd minute and the QoS keeper had at least three great saves.

Just for the record, it was actually Andy Barrowman who scored for Ross County although that didn't emerge until photos were looked at and players were interviewed after the match. It would appear that Barrowman hit the shot and it took a deflection, possibly off Scott Boyd, but general agreement - Barrowman goal.

County certainly had the better of the game and didn't deserve to go a goal down against 10 men. After that they just battered the QoS goal with increasing intensity until they got the equaliser with 25 seconds of normal time left - quite early in the game to score by ICT standards I suppose. :lol: County might well have won it when Jimmy Scott sent a shot way over the bar from 2-3 yards in the 92nd minute and the QoS keeper had at least three great saves.

Who cares?

Nobody will remember who came second, third or fourth in season 2009/2010.

Nothing more that I can add to what's already been said about the game. It wasn't pretty, but it got the job done with a couple of clinical goals.

I'm normally of the opinion that if you push your luck with Stewards you can have little complaint when it backfires....however, the stewarding tonight, especially at the start of the second half, was absolutely disgusting. You've all heard the line "start a fight in an empty room", well it was invented for this guy. Offering our fans a "square go", swearing at us and getting right in peoples faces in a really aggressive manner.

Fortunately we managed to (eventually) convince one of the supervisors to get him out of there (and it looked like the police gave the same advice) or it could have led to some serious bother.....in fact, it's a credit to our fans that nobody lamped him and violence was avoided. Unfortunately this didn't happen before Mr Angry had managed to get a couple of the younger lads removed.

Big T Fan then waded in to smooth things over with the replacement steward...with a packet of sweets and a cheeky smile!!!! I didn't appreciate the power of a lemon sherbet until tonight :(

Not the best of games but 2 good goals and a couple of great saves from Esson sealed the win.

Good to see such a great turn out for a Tuesday night game in Greenock.

That idiot of a steward in the second half spoilt a pretty good day out but all credit to big T fan and his lemon sherbets!!!!!!

Also a big thanks to CaleyD who at short notice organised a bus for us to get to the game.