FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A9 petition

f*ballers wife

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donmac298

jb, you would still have mindless morons as happens on the stretches that are dualled.  Over the years I have driven in the USA, on the continent, the Middle East as well as all over the UK and the standard of many of the drivers up here is attrocious - no consideration whatsoever.  Chill out pal!

Donmac... I'm kinda busy right now.....

FW.....I wanted to reach out and touch something on the A9 last Tuesday...but I might have lost an arm, or worse....

You know there's a concealed part of the car park at Morrisons round the back...?  :005:

Do you think you could make it..?  :004:

Is there plenty of legroom in the back of your brand new ickle lickle sporty number?   :010:

Dissappointing petition there , I thought I would be signing up  for making Merc vans and Caravans travel between 12 am and 6 am, or even banning Vectra drivers on weekdays...pity.

As has been said it's some of the @rseholes that get behind the wheel that causes the accidents, mostly - people who can't drive safely at 60 trying to drive at 80 ffs.

We're all guilty of doing/having done something stupid on the road at some time or other and anyone who claims otherwise is a liar.  With the number of people travelling on these roads, even if each person only did one stupid thing every once in a blue moon thats still a lot of stupid incidents.

As others have said, the road is not to blame, when I was taught to drive it was drilled in to me that you adjust your driving to suit the conditions/roads you are on, to suggest they alter the roads to suit people's driving is just bizarre logic in my mind.

Frustration, confusion etc etc are no excuse for driving like an idiot.  If you aren't capable of adjusting then you shouldn't be on the road.

I agree that the A9 should be duelled from end to end, but not because I think it will stop bad driving, I think it needs done purely due to volume of traffic and the need to move that traffic more efficiently up and down the A9.  By duelling the road you don't solve the problem of bad driving you just give people more space to drive badly on.  You also have tackle the underlying problem - the driver.

Of course you can get bad driving on any kind of road...  

If you examine the stats for all road traffic accidents, you'll find that there are far fewer accidents on motorways compared to any other kind of road.

It only takes a momentary lapse in concentration for someone to pull out to overtake, thinking they are on a dual section, when in fact they are on a single carriegeway section, which can of course be quite  catastrophic... it has happened several times over the years...

Blame bad driving by all means... but that type of accident cannot arise on a dual carriegeway...

I rest my case, M'Lud.....

oh my!!!

ok chaps and chap~esses!

i have a meeting in perth tomorrow. so would kindly appreciate careful driving and no frustrations at the fact that my top will be UP.... too nipply going over the dramoooochter!

so off to get a good nights sleep so tiredness wont kill me! 

that sign always makes me chuckle.... take a break it says.... no one has written .. have a kit kat under them yet!

shall i do it tomorrow?  :015: :015: :015:

Many of the A9's problems are caused by truckers restricted to a 40mph speed limit on the single carriegeway sections... this causes nose to tail convoys which can be an absolute nightmare to overtake.. (especially in a Skoda!)

Shame they can't go any faster but that is the legal maximum they can go under the circumstances is it not?

Send the frieght by rail = problem solved. Even if the A9 was duel'd it wouldn't cut accidents as it would encourage motorists to go even faster.

I'm with TM4TJ on this one.

Sending the freight by rail is a lot more expensive. I think that's why Morrisons stopped doing it for a bit until they got funding again. Not sure if they still do it now. Also, there would be increased congestion on the railway which, like the A9, is mainly single track as well.

If I'd been at home instead of North Sea I could have fuelled your flame FW

oh my!!!

listen here young man.... dont be saying things like that to me.... you'll just get me in trouble with scotty AGAIN.... and he'll have to take me over his knee AGAIN.....  :004: :015:

but let me know when you're home sweeti and we can see if we can make some smoke first before the flames.... dont want to appear like i'm a hussy or anything....  :004:

Not too many people are aware of the 40mph speed limit for HGV vehicles on single carriageway.  It was a speed limit that wasn't firmly enforced until more recently which is why all those Tesco Lorries that used to fly up and down the road at a more "reasonable" speed seem to have slowed down in recent times.

The myth that the drivers were on an economy bonus and driving slower to save fuel is one I often hear trotted out as the reason they go so slow these days.  So the next time your stuck behind an HGV doing 40, don't get pi55ed at the driver, it's the law of the road that makes him do 40.

Guest donmac298

I would welcome the duelling of the A9 and the A96.

The stupidest thing I've seen on the A96 was a lady driver doing a three point turn just outside Inverurie and holding up the traffic in both directions.  I could hardly believe what I was seeing.