FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A9 petition

f*ballers wife

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not about raising any further taxes, its about directing the taxes we currently pay into projects that would directly benefit the Highlands and Islands. To allow future economic growth we have to allow adequate access to the area. The current infrastucture is not adequate!

The halt at the airport will have little or any impact on the A9 situation. Double the tracks and dual the road! ( and get the executive to pay for it! )

I never said it was. I used it as an example of what HITRANS is doing.

There's a bottomless pit of money out there. Look at what they spent on the Scottish Parliament building.... It's just a case of persuading the pathetic penny pinching gits to agree on priorities regards upgrading roads....

Most of it is going on EARL - £650 million!  :010:

EARL will only aid Highlands/A9 if they double track some of the rail, if it goes ahead it might actually worsen the current timetable to and from Inverness. Remember the last time they tweaked the timetable in London the repurcussions were felt in Thurso and Kyle!

Having driven on the A9 in the days before it was "improved" to the multiple single and dual cart track we have now, it is much better than the old days. 

The only way that the Executive will allocate "their money" outside of the central belt to proper modern day standards is when a major accident occurs involving MSP's or other High heid yins. 

Unfortunately I don't think a petition will achieve anything, apart from helping destroy a bit more of the  rainforests. 

Totally agree with Gringo's comments, and have done the Left hand drive wrong side of the road bit in the past, which is really scary.

RiG, its Ballinluig. Truth is accidents should not be happening here now. Theres a fifty speed limit and camera's both directions. I cant say what actually happened on this occassion but I suspect the age of the deceased may be a contributing factor.

Going back to the trains. If a trailer loading setup was provided at, for example, Stirling and another at Inverness then trains could be loaded with trailers between those two points. The average superstore nowadays requires three or four trailer loads of stock each night. Inverness has three Tesco's as well as other stores. Dingwall, Thurso, Wick, Nairn, Forres, and even Elgin could be serviced from Inverness thus taking a lot of trucks of the A9

oh my!!!

first of all, please forgive me if i am repeating what anyone else has said, but dont be making me read 6 pages worth...  :016:

just back from don land and travelled to nairn instead of my ususal turning off at huntly.

a nice wee bypass round keith, elgin and fochabers would help hugely in my very own humble~est of opionions.

not knowing the land around those places of course, so maybe not as simple as it would appear to the untrained, she~male eye!

loads of houses right at the side of the road too, so maybe a split duel would have to happen in places instead of knocking those houses down just to make a wider road for those who feel they need an extra bit of width.... as it were! again, this coming for the untrained eye of a meeeer bird!

A meeeer bird..........is that similiar to a meeercat? Public transport will never be the answer to all rural transport difficulties, community transport and car share is the way to go, however the " capital " status of Inverness means that every effort has to be made to improve ALL links from north, south, east and west! And by the way, EARL can get it right up....( there goes the knighthood )  :014: