FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Best music venue,memory

Dmacca

My latest gig attended was Thursday night at the Fleece & Ferkin in Bristol...Dead Men Walking who are:

Mike Peters of the Alarm

Slim Jim Phantom of the Stray Cats

Captain Sensible of the Damned

Kirk Brandon of Spear of Destiny

Awsome gig, Kirk Brandon is well worth the fee alone, had not seen him live before.

Anyone interested they are playing Glasgow King Tuts Wah Hut on Wednesday 18th October, i would challenge anyone to go and say they did not rate it.

Rock concert at Caley Park, getting pissed in the Crit before the concert, sleeping in a field at Daviot after the concert and getting home to Grantown on the back of the milk van at five in the morning.

This was about 1970, the same concert that we discussed on here before.

Line up..........

Hot Cottage, local band.

Savoy Brown.

Taste, (Rory Gallacher)

Atomic Rooster.

Black Widow.

String Driven Thing.

Brinzley Schwartz.

Tear Gas.

Best since,

Eagles at Hampden

George Thorogood at Shepherds Bush.

Black Sabbath at Music hall Aberdeen........early 70's

Saw U2 in Glasgow, that was good, but the best for atmosphere was Jimmy Cliff in the Star club in Amsterdam, where the audience was a brill mix of Dammers and Rasta's, i mean best atmosphere by far, Jimmy Cliff is a legend, for any younger readers he was the guy that found and brought on Bob Marley.

:icon_ganja:

Didnt really go to many concerts when in Inverness ...... Echo & the Bunnymen and Siouxsie & the Banshees were ones I did see in my youth and I was a bouncer at the Black Isle show two years running - first year was Deacon Blue and Gail Ann Dorsey, second year was Gun and Goodbye Mr MacKenzie. I also did some concert organising whilst at Uni in Aberdeen and we managed to get Orange Juice, The Bluebells, and Jesse Rae to do our Hillhead Halls 'all night thru do'. The 'bouncing' gigs were great as there was a lot of backstage stuff to do and meant some of us got to chat with the artists.

Since I have been over here I have seen Proclaimers at Hard Rock cafe (excellent), Travis at the Koolhaus (excellent), and Billy Idol twice at the Koolhaus (first time excellent, second time was average). We tried to get tickets for 3 other concerts - Madonna, Cher and the Rolling Stones but they sold out in minutes and ticket prices on ebay and from touts were way more than we could afford.

I've seen lots of top bands live. Was at Wembley for Live Aid. Most recent were Rod Stewart, Cher and Black eyed Peas  in Victoria, U2 in Vancouver. Was at The Who last Sunday and will be at Rolling Stones on November 3rd.

I have the Live Aid DVD set. Prezzy from oldest son a couple of years ago. Great when youv'e had a few brewskys and the boys are over.

Have to confess I've missed out on Daniel O'Donnel....  :019:

Bath Festival 1970 Shepton Mallet

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

The Byrds

Jefferson Airplane

Free

Steppenwolf

Santana

Johnny Winter

Fairport Convention

Donovan

This was the start of what became known as Stonehenge....