FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Nick Ross

Pedz4king

Is it just me and a very select few on CTO who think nick ross is utter p***?

He was horrible today, he is too slow and weak for this league i think he should hit the gym a lot more.

I think if foran doesn't return i would like to see either shinnie or mcbain to be given a run.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

i think your being a bit harsh there, first half today he hardly recieved a pass second half when he got the ball put in a few very good crosses. the boy is 18 and is still developing give him a fecking chance.

• Agree 1

i think your being a bit harsh there, first half today he hardly recieved a pass second half when he got the ball put in a few very good crosses. the boy is 18 and is still developing give him a fecking chance.

he received quite a lot passes in the first half he just had horrible touches and it went straight to the hamilton players.

he had about 2 crosses and they were alright nothing special.

if we get 2 players in on loan and one being a striker/winger and a winger i think we should put him out on loan to the second division maybe first

He still young and in his defence he plays much better on the his natural side the right.

Butchers insistence at playing folk on the wrong side just doesn't work as these guys aren't (I'll be polite) 'comfortable' on the wrong wing

We have a flying machine in Hayes but his talent is wasted as more often than not he'll get into a crossing position and then have to switch the ball back to his left foot allowing the defenders to recover

I wasn't at the game today so can't comment on his performance today but the mistake a lot of us make is by jumping on the back of young guys and berating them too early on.

He is only 18 so still has bags of time to learn, from what I have seen of him so for I reckon he has great potential and will be an excellent talent so don't be so harsh so early on. We all go on about the lack of talent available to Scottish clubs then when a manager spots one and tries to bring it on we expect big things so early on, all I'm saying is give him a chance. Clubs with the finances like ICT have to.

Once Richie is fit and hopefully stays fit I think you'll find he'll be on the bench and when played will be in the centre where he is more comfortable.

You're having a laugh. Nick Ross is improving every time he plays and he was head and shoulders above any of our attacking players today.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

right back at you

i must admit he was decent against united and he was utter ***** today therefore he has not improved every game

• Disagree 1

I wasn't at the game today so can't comment on his performance today but the mistake a lot of us make is by jumping on the back of young guys and berating them too early on.

He is only 18 so still has bags of time to learn, from what I have seen of him so for I reckon he has great potential and will be an excellent talent so don't be so harsh so early on. We all go on about the lack of talent available to Scottish clubs then when a manager spots one and tries to bring it on we expect big things so early on, all I'm saying is give him a chance. Clubs with the finances like ICT have to.

Once Richie is fit and hopefully stays fit I think you'll find he'll be on the bench and when played will be in the centre where he is more comfortable.

i didnt say he wouldnt improve im saying right now he is terrible

Wtf are you on about? :blink: Nick and Hayes were our 2 best players today IMO and Nick put a few good crosses into the box in the 2nd half and won us a fair few corners. There was just nobody attacking the balls, but he still had the right idea and was getting it into the danger area. You're criticism is WAY off the mark. He is small and lightweight, agreed. This is something that could easily be worked on though, and he's still only 18. Give it time.

• Agree 1

I see the debate about Nick Ross as two fold.

Firstly......as it stands...i would agree...he isnt up to the job atm. He is too easily put off the ball etc etc

On the other hand....he is only young and has got time in his favour to develop, hopefully into a good player. Butchers hand has been forced and he needs to play him, due to the lack of cover in the squad.

So, we are just going to need to muddle thro with him until things improve.

• Agree 2

I think Nick Ross is fantastic.

he's only 18 and he's improving well :twothumbsup:

I agree, :twothumbsup: as did the fans sitting beside me in the main stand this afternoon.

He worked tirelessly and will turn out to be a local hero in the long term, just give the young lad a chance, he has come a long way already.

i didnt say he wouldnt improve im saying right now he is terrible

You've just proved the very point I was making! If by saying right now he is terrible isn't berating him or jumping on his back then what is?

I am usually in the Nick Ross is rubbish camp, but I'll eat my underpants today and say he was one of our better players.

If you want to slate someone..........Jonny Hayes was anonymous today, especially in the first half. I expected big things from Jonny, today was abject disappointment, from the word go.

Anyway, this thread is about Nick Ross and he was decent today, in fact I was surprised it was him that was subbed.

Think issue is more that the whole team today were dire!

How Rooney got man of the match, maybe the only one the sponsors knew the name of!!

The man of the match award should have been withheld!

After having gone all the way down to Dundee last weekend to see an absolute fantastic performance, today was such a let down

I personally think they assumed they only had to turn up

If not for Esson we would have lost a lot more heavily

Ross is young yes and will have a ong career ahead of him, and yes is still developing, but he does need some filling out, he is lightweight and rather easily pushed off the ball, much like Eric was last year but he appears to have strenghtened

Come on Caley, you must be embarassed to pick up your wage packet this week, as I think in my 10 years living here, today was one of the worst attempts at participating in a game of football I have seen from a Caley team

Why after the first half against Celtic and last weeks full game v UNited I have absolutely no idea!!

But they better buck up or else

He's always got the right ideas IMO and looking to take on defenders and get a ball into the box. Been one of our most consistent players in pre-season and in the first few games of the season. While not playing outstanding, he has still put in above average performances and works his socks off.

Would agree Mensing was a stand out, but then again Rooney is not a ball winner when the ball is in the air

When Foran is playing he consistently wins the ball in the air and helps it onto Rooney but at present as he is out, we struggle in that area, unless we puch Tokely up

Hasselbanks nephew also looked good prospect

I am usually in the Nick Ross is rubbish camp, but I'll eat my underpants today and say he was one of our better players.

If you want to slate someone..........Jonny Hayes was anonymous today, especially in the first half. I expected big things from Jonny, today was abject disappointment, from the word go.

Anyway, this thread is about Nick Ross and he was decent today, in fact I was surprised it was him that was subbed.

Totally agree.... In fact I'd go as far as to suggest Ross was our best player today.

Hayes looked completely fecked by about halfway through the second half.

I couldn't believe the substitution.

Totally agree.... In fact I'd go as far as to suggest Ross was our best player today.

AS you can expect i was ever grateful for the sub and i thought shane was very good when he came on and he should have been awarded a penalty

• Disagree 4

AS you can expect i was ever grateful for the sub and i thought shane was very good when he came on and he should have been awarded a penalty

I disagree with the subsition made however I do agree that shane should have been awarded a penalty