FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Why do our opponents never play well?

bauhaus

Every time we get a decent result, the opposition seem to have a poor game. however, its rare that newspapers and reports, managers and pundits, state that ICT didnt let the opposition play well. We gave Celtic the first half virtually, yet we end up playing the second half and have more shots on target? Celtic had far less shots than usual, because they were poor, not because our team prevented them. But last week it was hibs were poor, before that Aberdeen were poor (and had injuries, and suspensions, and were under too much pressure to perform) and before that Rangers, Killie, Hamilton, St Mirren etc etc

We should get the club to compile a DVD of the highlights of the last 18 away league games to be sold, adding a game at a time until this superb run ends

same old story....we're just a diddy team from the highlands. How can we play well against anyone? especially the Old Firm...

However they play poor cause we don't allow them to play :smile:

Edited by MissICT

If one team plays well, how can the other one? Surely if your playing well the other team can't be if they're letting you play well...

Some may like to say that (i.e fans of teams we've beaten) but in reality we never let them play!

Edited by Iain

to be fair we have been getting plenty of plaudits recently and yesterday I near fell off my chair when both Jim Traynor and Chick Young complimented us ....

JT mentioned that ICT deserved all the credit that came our way, especially after the way we came back yesterday to maintain our away record, and Chick, ever the gracious one basically said he thought we used to be cloggers but now he realises we can play a bit too !!!

Yeah I heard some of that Scotty, but it always gets reported that whoever we play were off form or poor. Under par Celts in two papers today, Lennon saying they were poor, etc etc. And you can get two teams playing well, in end to end games

Sure we have had more positive mentions lately, so we should, 4th in league, 3rd top scorers, unbeaten away, extrordinary for a non O/F team to achieve the year away mark. Certainly got the year the hard way, Tannadice, Easter Rd, Rugby Pk ( this season at least ) St Mirren ( again only non O/F to win ) Pitodrie, Celtic Pk. Tynecastle to make it a full calander year also

same old story....we're just a diddy team from the highlands. How can we play well against anyone? especially the Old Firm...

However they play poor cause we don't allow them to play :smile:

Exactly. The reason our opponents never play well is that if they did they would surely beat a wee Highland league team, wouldn't they? I mean, they did it in the cup in the old days.

I hope we continue to be underestimated for a long long time yet.

There are teams out there who, by virtue of their geographical location and mass following, are under a great deal of pressure to get results so it wouldn't be right for the management or the media to dare state that the other team was better. The only acceptable excuse they can come up with is that they had an off day. After all, how dare those teams with a following of less than 10,000 have the audacity to hire a management team that can get players working together and can out play and out fox the big boys.

• Agree 1

Who cares if the media are not singing our praises from the rooftops and janggling their festive sleigh bells in our honour - f**k 'em. Let's just carry on quitely going about our business and grinding out great results, we don't need praise from these tw@t5. In fact we don't need help from anybody outwith ICT.

• Agree 1