FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT sign English Striker

caleyrule

Caleyrule's player signing info is normally near the mark. Cant find any supporting story to confirm this, but willing to believe it until proved wrong.

EDIT: Also --- If you put "Terry Gornell Inverness" into Google you come up with a Highland News article which obviously has those keywords in it, which is dated today, but does not yet appear to be published on the publicly viewable part of their site

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=terry+gornell+inverness

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/News/Caley-Thistle-net-striker-27062011.htm

Edited by Scotty
updated Google info

Caleyrule's player signing info is normally near the mark. Cant find any supporting story to confirm this, but willing to believe it until proved wrong.

EDIT: Also --- If you put "Terry Gornell Inverness" into Google you come up with a Highland News article which obviously has those keywords in it, which is dated today, but does not yet appear to be published on the publicly viewable part of their site

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=terry+gornell+inverness

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/News/Caley-Thistle-net-striker-27062011.htm

HN page has been removed.

HN page has been removed.

Not sure about 'removed', think it is more likely that it is there, but has just not been set to be viewable yet .... its something we do on the main site when we are writing an article that might take a while, we save it as a draft and make sure it is "unpublished". We then set it to automatically publish at a certain time (for embargoed articles), or publish it manually when we have finished writing it .....

According to the publishing info on NewsNow (another good resource for aggregated ICT news), it was submitted at around 11am this morning: http://newsnow.co.uk/nn/caleythistleonline

I can't help recalling the milk advert from the 1980's that went "Accrington Stanley? Who are they?" "Exactly!"

Basically the message to kids was that if you don't drink milk, you'll be a rubbish footballer and play for Accrington rather than Liverpool. Mr Gornell was obviously too young to have heeded the message.

Terry Gornell

49 Matches, 13 goals, 11 assists, not too bad a record for last season.

Accrington Stanley fan forum.

He's running around trying to get the ball for himself to have a shot on goal! He has hardly any supply and he must be losing heart!worry.gif One up front all the time isn't working,get the lad a strike partner and watch him score the goals!!smile.gif

Hoping Foran and Hayes can provide the service to unleash a scoring machine.

Edited by marks

I saw him play for Stanley several times last season and he impressed me. He's not very big but he's quick near goal and is one of those players that seems to be in the right place at the right time. He'll be missed at Stanley, but every year about 8 leave and the canny manager brings in new young players, usually from Liverpool youth. Until I read this, I didn't know he'd left Stanley!

I saw him play for Stanley several times last season and he impressed me. He's not very big but he's quick near goal and is one of those players that seems to be in the right place at the right time. He'll be missed at Stanley, but every year about 8 leave and the canny manager brings in new young players, usually from Liverpool youth. Until I read this, I didn't know he'd left Stanley!

I'm with you on this one Dave first i heard of it tonight :ponder: Good player is Terry holds the ball up well and interacts with other easy,some great goals he scored for us last season,shocked and sad to see him gol but good luck to him..

http://www.google.co...rnell+inverness

http://www.highland-...er-27062011.htm

The latest HN story only says "Butcher has shown an interest in Accrington Stanley striker Gornell"

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/Trialists-impress-as-Caley-Thistle-beat-Clach-28062011.htm

But searching "Caley Thistle" on google news birngs up this "Highland News - Paul Chalk - 16 hours ago

Gornell said: "I'm delighted to join Caley Thistle and am really looking forward to life in the SPL. "I had enjoyed my time at Accrington, but felt it was ..." The story is still hidden though.

According to our local rag in Lancs, Gornell is in Inverness now for talks. Stanley lose their best players every year but always seem to find replacements.

Is this the article your referring to? clicky

the bit about Gornell is at the bottom

A League Two club is understood to have expressed an interest in Terry Gornell but last night he was in Scotland talking to Inverness.

The SPL side released a statement saying they had signed Gornell, including quotes from the striker, but swiftly withdrew it.

Sources in Scotland expect him to sign today, although Inverness have limited funds and Stanley believe they are entitled to a fee. Gornell had previously denied reports he had rejected a new deal at Stanley as he continued to assess his options.

Sounds like we were a bit too quick in alerting the highland news to the signing, hopefully it goes through soon as from what ive heard he seems like a good acquisition

I think Butcher is looking to go for a similar signing policy that Motherwell used a few years ago, bringing in young guys from England's lower leagues. It worked out well for, er, 'Well they got players like Giles Coke, Chris Humphrey, Steven Jennings who did a good job for them and a couple of them were subsequently sold on. The likes of Greg Tansey and Terry Gornell are young but have a few seasons of first team football under their belts - they have more experience than the likes of Adam Rooney, Lee Cox and Jonny Hayes had when we brought them in.

The other side of Motherwell's policy was getting good guys in on loan, in their case Jutkiewitz and Ruddy. I don't think that ALdred seems to be of that standard. Hopefully we can get Doran back, Butcher mentioned this towards the end of last season. One issue with this approach is we might not get players tied up until after the start of the season, which isn't ideal.

Surely that's the last striker we are gonna sign we now have foran tade Shane and gornell

Time to focus on defense

I agree that defence is an absolute must to be strengthened but i dont necessarily think that Butcher has finished with strengthening up front. Foran and Sutherland were rarely played as out and out strikers last season and while both can play there Butcher has used them more as either wide players or behind the striker. Last season we had Rooney, Foran, Sutherland, Sanchez, Odhiambo, Alex Macdonald who were all classed as forwards. This season we have (so far) Tade, Gornell, Foran and Sutherland so i can see another striker coming in