FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Kilmarnock : Matchday Thread

Scotty

I don't often post about games but I am so p*ssed off with Kilmarnock players today. Last season I applauded Kilmarnock off the pitch when they beat us 3-1 and played wonderful football. Today the number 10 was a disgrace with constant diving and the boy Kelly's foul (or assault) on Doran was unbelievable. Shield and Nicol should take a good look at themselves and their team if this is what they put them on the pitch to do.

• Agree 4

3 points thouroughly fought for today. Played some nice stuff coupled with some suicidal stuff. Hoping we can kick on from this and it lifts our confidence. The international break should hopefully let a couple of our injured players recover.

I now have a player I detest more than anyone else in the SPL; Dayton, what a cheating wee nyaff. Fell over at the lightest of contact and flouted the laws of the game all day. Here was me thinking diving was a bookable offence, yet he did it continually. Shocking refereeing to let him off with it.

Similarly shocking refereeing to only book the player who fouled Doran. Does dislocating a players shoulder not constitute violent play?!?

Hope doran and foran recover quickly

Onwards and upwards ICT. C'mon!!!!

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

It's a while since I've heard a roar like that at TCS...but what a racket when Graeme Shinnie scored.

In the end the game could have gone either way, but for the first time this season it went for us.

We were out of the blocks super-fast, and Tade's lovely headed opener from Foran's cross was the least we deserved...only for Shiels to score a screamer out of nothing, which knocked us for six.

Killie probably shaded it after that, hitting the post after a Hogg blunder and bringing some good saves out of Ryan Esson. For us, Tade was unlucky with another header, whilst Foran missed a glaring chance. After he went off with a knock, and then we lost Doran to a nasty-looking shoulder injury, we would have probably taken the draw...but we nicked a smashing winner on the break. The ref made up for some of his uselessness by playing a great advantage after Andrew Shinnie was poleaxed in the build-up, and his brother finished wonderfully.

A gutsy performance today, no doubt about that. Tade was absolutely flipping amazing, and worked so hard that when he was subbed he almost had to be carried into the dugout. Was quite impressed by Morrison too.

As for Killie, I was expecting pretty patterns and clever build-up, not a bunch of hatchet-men - Doran had been nailed at least twice before the cynical foul that led to his injury - and a competition for Worst Diver Ever between Dean Shiels and James Dayton. You had to see Dayton's effort to believe it - it was so bad that the ref probably thought he'd just lost his footing.

• Agree 2

Really enjoyable game to watch.

We started really brightly, and harrassed them all over the park. The goal seemed inevitable, and Tade took it really well after a great cross from Foran. After that we seemed to ease off a bit, and Shiels hit a great curling equaliser just before half time.

In all honesty, they looked the more threatening at the start of the 2nd half, but didn't create that much, other than one chance they should've buried, which came back off the post. Foran had a great chance, but put his header inches past the post, and just as it looked like the game was petering out for a draw, Shinnie made a fantastic run down the left and rolled the ball past Bell. Not sure who played the pass through for him (Piermayr?), but it was inch perfect.

We looked the best I've seen us this season, with the stand outs for me being Morrison, Shinnie, and Foran. Morrison was my motm last week, and I'd put him the same this week. He looks like a real prospect.

Defensively we still looked a bit shaky at times, with Hogg having a couple of bombscare moments, but...we won, and thats all that matters.

Onwards and upwards.

Edited by davieB
  • Agree 1

Delighted with the win today. Glad to see it coming at last.

One concern is the BBC match report says that Liam Kelly was hit by an object from the home fans when he was celebrating his equaliser. Can any shed any light on this?

Kelly banged heads with one of his own players! Where do the BBC get these idiots?

Good performance really despite shooting into the north stand in the first half which just feels wrong!

Excellent stuff in the first half, heads went down though after killie scored a peach very much against the run of play. The third goal was always going to win it and despite a couple of dodgy moments at the back when we tried to let killie score, thankfully G Shinnie kept his cool and slotted home a deserved winner.

Our injury problems are beyond a joke after today but with the likes of Mackay and Tansey not far away we could do ok and I thought Tade looked excellent today so maybe things could come together soon.