FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Well done Deveronvale

tm4tj

Well done Deveronvale, great comeback in the cup against Montrose.

Three goals from the 87th minute when 2-0 down to pip the league side must have got the fans warmed up.

Deveronvale          3-2          Montrose

McKenzie (pen) 87                Stirling 12

Fraser 90                              Henslee 24

Ewen 90             

Aye well done Deveronvale  :025: :025: 

The last time I saw them they got done over 10-2, at home, to some team call Inverness Caledonian Thistle....could there be a re-match on the cards??

• 4 weeks later...

Aye well done Deveronvale  :025: :025: 

The last time I saw them they got done over 10-2, at home, to some team call Inverness Caledonian Thistle....could there be a re-match on the cards??

Proper Caley beat them 12-1 back in the day.............

• 3 weeks later...

4-0 to the good at one stage and ended up hanging on - but, aye, well done to the 'Vale. First HL side to reach the 4th round since.....erm.......a while ago, I think.

Knew I'd find it....

Last HL side to reach the 4th round of the Scottish Cup were Hunly (v Airdrie) and Caley (v St Johnstone) in the 1991/92 season. Both got knocked out but Caley took St J to a replay.

cant say i give a flying one about deveronvale to be honest, ive met their fans in inverness and forres and they seem to want to turn the highland league into a warzone!

good for the hl to have a team in 4th though, theyve been lucky with the draw this far but have done well, even they deserve some cash and a day out for getting this far.

...and their reward for this is a Home tie against Plastic Whistle so, no big pay day for them. Good draw though I suppose in terms of possible progress into the 1/4 finals.