Full commentary on FM in the North.

Charles Bannerman

Apologies if this has been mentioned on one of the other threads which I haven't been through, but there IS full live Radio Scotland commentary tonight from Paul Mitchell and Craig Paterson on 92-95FM in the Highlands and Islands (that's 94.0FM in the immediate Inverness area) as well, of course, as online.

This means that there's no Open All Mics available in the H and I but outwith that area, Open All Mics is available (Allan Preston at Easter Road) on 92-95.

Also looking ahead to the St Johnstone game (2pm KO), there will be full live commentary with Scott Davie and CHRIS HOGG on Highlands and Islands 92-95FM and online as well as Open All Mics for the second half only (ie after 3pm) from me on 92-95 in the rest of the Radio Scotland transmission area.

Edited by Charles Bannerman
  • Agree 2

We must be spoilt for radio coverage up here from MFR and the BBC.

I was running late for the DDU v ICT match and all I could get on the radio in Tayside was a shinty match.

12th man, I think you're right and here I'll also pay tribute to our rivals (and my good friends! :biggrin: ) at MFR.

Certainly, what Radio Scotland is doing, as I understand it, is to give ICT live commentary on 92-95FM in the Highlands and Islands any time there is a second frequency available for football, even if it means the commentary is in place of Open All Mics. This means that on a Saturday afternoon, when we can split the national network into as many as five different strands, ICT fans in the North have the alternatives of commentary from their game on 92-95FM or following it as part of Open All Mics on 103.5-105FM which is available across the whole country.

Just about the only situation where full commentary may not be available could be midweek or on a Sunday afternoon with just one frequency for football but it's been my experience that very few ICT games have not been available on air. There is also the online option of course.