FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

"Charlie Isn't The Man For The Job"

RiG

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest caley till AYE die

He left to go to a club that were his boyhood hereos, a club he scored the winner in the scottish cup final for,a club were hes a legend ,aclub that has so much more money than us, a far superior stadium training facilties and fan base anyone in the right mind would of went!  :015:

Guest caley till AYE die

I say, I say, I say, what do you call a man with all the self preservation sense of a lemming? :015:

??? :017:

Guest caley till AYE die

What rubbish you see posted on here from so called fans.............have you tried Ross County?

I dont have a caravan

We all know that in modern day football one bad performance and

a section of club supporters see major trouble ahead, the manager

comes under pressure etc etc.

I suppose we shouldn't expect ICT to be immune to this phenomina.

Inverness, just 4 weeks ago, were on the verge of going 2nd. We've come through

a difficult month which saw us go to Easter rd and Parkhead.

Okay granted we had a bad day against Motherwell on Saturday, the same club that won twice

at Inverness last season.

The team has had a bad month, EVERY TEAM GOES THROUGH A BAD SPELL !

The same team had just come through a great month, **** C.C. even got the Manager

of the month !!

Christie didn't have managerial experience when he got the job, but neither did

Robbo or Brewster.

I will agree the team needs a shake-up but that's all.

Dear Charles Christie Esq.,

You have my full vote of confidence as manager of Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC (unless of course you really mess things up big-time - in which case I may change my mind)!!!

My confidence in you is based on the following:-

1. You are an Inverness lad with undivided loyalties (except, perhaps, if offered the Parkheid job).

2. You have a passion for our club.

3. Since appointed, your record has been no bad. You gave us a string of 5 straight victories at the end of last season.

4. We have been clear of the relegation zone since you took over.

5. We have come within sniffing distance of dizzy new heights (were on the point of sharing second spot with a few minutes to go against Aberdeen).

6. You are a human being and therefore capable of making mistakes as a manager - as indeed do all managers at some stage in their careers (including even Alex Ferguson, Paul Le Guen & Kenny Dalgleish).

7. Unlike our last two managers, you know how much it means for us to be up there with the 'big boys' playing SPL footie in Sneck (a stark contrast from when you played the likes of Rothes, Deveronvale et al on a wet Wednesday night at Telford Street/Kingsmills in front a tiny handful of fans).

8. You have only begun your trade as manager of a football club so things (I hope) can only get better as you gain experience.

9. We don't have to pay you a big inflated salary like other managers might expect.

I for one give you my full support and would ask you to ignore anyone who might say anything as STOOPID as "Charlie Isn't The Man For The Job".

So, next Saturday Charles -  Wyness and Dargo up front for the full 90 minutes, Richie Hart on from the start, wee Zander Sutherland on for the last 30 minutes and Caff in central defence. There's your instructions - now go and get us some goals and another 3 points!!!!!

Yours sincerely,

A96  :003:

I

Are the club moving fast enough? Two temporary stands are the only obvious indication that we have moved forward at all since Pele headed east to be an urban man.

o ye and the first division title, the bells cup, two consecutive seasons in the spl and our first win over rangers. but apart from that yup your just about right

cummon guys ok so it was a difficult couple of weeks but the team was poor not charlie, everyone has acknowledged that all the team can do is move on and get a convincing win on saturday and all we can do is get right behind the boys and CC in watever desicions they make

So, next Saturday Charles -  Wyness and Dargo up front for the full 90 minutes, Richie Hart on from the start, wee Zander Sutherland on for the last 30 minutes and Caff in central defence. There's your instructions - now go and get us some goals and another 3 points!!!!!

Couldn't agree more!

Guest caley till AYE die

I was harsh to stay christie should get sacked but he does need to change some players.Alan Morgan is a lot better player than roy mcbain!golabek and mcbain should be heading for division 1 or maybe even peterhead for good.

I am behind Charlie 100% and still think he is definitely the man for the job. Hopefully he has developed enough of a thick skin that some of the comments made here will bounce right off him. However, there is definitely room for constructive criticism so here is my tuppenceworth.

We are all armchair managers, and of course we all know better than whoever is in charge because we are great at Championship manager or something like that .. or at least we are in our own minds .. However, to be fair to the management team, they see the players day-in and day-out in training so can perhaps be a better judge of who they think is the right man for the job come Saturday (or Tuesday/Wednesday or whatever day the game is on) .... and its down to that player to prove them right. At the end of the day, CC is not going to select a team based on favouritism as its his job that is on the line not the players' jobs if it all goes pear shaped.

Having said that, I think we definitely need a shake-up in several areas as regardless of comments about 'competition for places' some of the players dont seem to have been performing in recent weeks and complaints of 'complacency' may appear valid.

I wont pick individual players as it would be unfair given that I am only listening on the radio and not seeing it in person, which is an entirely different experience but the commentators have made mention of how much more potent we looked with Richie Hart on the park, how we dont 'tick' when Barry starts to lose steam late in some games, how certain players should tie their feet together as they only have one good foot ..... so maybe it is time to give the likes of Dargo a full game, have Richie Hart on from the start, have an option for a sub when Barry tires so he can give his all for 60 minutes and then leave it to someone else (Zander perhaps ? .. he has played on both wings) ... also, what about giving McSwegan a start alongside Dargo to provide the same sort of experience and guile that has some users calling for Brew to be re-signed .....

summed it rite up for me. i think mcswegan would bring somethng to the team that we hav missed since brew left however i also think tht the only reason denzil played poorly against hearts was lack of sharpness wich can only be achivied through playing games we all know wat denzil and dargs are capable of togethor. i wouldnt even mind all 3 of them starting on saturday(even thought its an away match) as i think they all bring something to the team

Scotty,

You are right, we all want to be armchair managers and know better than the real manager. I also have little expectation that Charlie will heed my instructions for team selection as noted in my "letter" above.

What is clearly obvious is that one 20 minute section of play stands out glaringly from anything else we've seen all season and that was the last 20 minutes against Falkirk. The team changes by Charlie were a tactical master-stroke and that spell certainly rates, for me, as the best phase of play I've seen by ICT since joining the SPL. The Hart/ Wyness/Dargo combination is attack-minded. It brought immediate results against Falkirk that day and I am sure there are many other fans who would agree that we need to try that combination again. Watching ICT at home this season has often been a sterile, dull, goalless endurance-test. The emphasis has been on caution. Caution obviously has it's merits in some games but it makes for a pretty drab and uninspiring football match.

Personally, I'd rather we had been beaten 3-2 last Saturday than watch a crummy game and lose to a late penalty. At least we would have seen some goals.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

I make no criticism on the manager at the moment, I have said earlier in the season that I have my reservations but we have to accept the status quo and get on with it, however I feel that Scotty hit the nail on the head when he mentioned 'some of the players dont seem to have been performing in recent weeks and complaints of 'complacency' may appear valid'.

I agree wholeheartedly on this one as for sure we all know they can do better but there has to be an underlying reason for what we are seeing on the park from the players and it has to be sorted as soon as or else we will remain on a nose dive.

Guest Suspicious Mind

Charlie's doing fine.

All the managers who took up the legacy Pele left have each brought something to the table. Robbo brought it Black and Dodds (never played him though), Brew brought in Dargo and Charlie has continued the good work.

My worry is that we may be beginning to see the team performance level decline after years of progress. The manager can't carry the can for this. We get more respect now than ever with our "surprise" element removed once and for all. Teams have become accustomed to the way we play and despite the odd istance of SPL ignorance (Gordon Strachan?) everyone knows our players names.

As latecomers to the ICT package, my family has enjoyed (even when its pish!) top flight football in the Highlands. No matter what we will continue to enjoy it.

Stick with Charlie and the team. It may not always be the way we want but it's magic. Or are we now just like the rest, spolit with a devine right to success?

Charlie christie is not good enough to manage a premier league side. a couple of weeks ago we were minutes away from going joint second with hearts and since then charlie christie started saying in the papers that we were not safe from relegation despite being just outside the top six his negativity alone will probably drag us into a relegation scrap if thats the kind of mesages he is sending out to players and fans.The man is a joke and could possibly get us relegated this season! :008:

He's only telling the truth though - we aren't safe from relegation. Many ICT fans have suddenly developed this daft idea that we should be pushing for top 6 regularly or that should be our minimum aim for this season.

Rubbish! Our main aim is always to avoid relegation back to the SFL. Anything else is a bonus. Once we are safe from relegation then we can loook to other things beyond that.

CC did a good job trying to bring everyone round to ICTs true level by handing out a does of reality the other week and I say well done to him. Are we seriously any better than Dunfermline, Motherwell, St. Mirren and Dundee United who are below us? I don't think so.

I was harsh to stay christie should get sacked but he does need to change some players.Alan Morgan is a lot better player than roy mcbain!golabek and mcbain should be heading for division 1 or maybe even peterhead for good.

Morgan was apparently utter pish for the reserves so not sure a step up to the first team would be ideal at this moment in time but I do think he can be a good player for us.

back when ict first hired cc for the top job we all knew he was going to have to learn fast or be a miserable failure, in my opinion it was too much of a gamble as miserable failure will see us competing in an enviroment 100 times more competitive (on and off the park) than it ever was when we got promoted... fecks sake clyde almost won the league when we did.

as we've been reminded so many times on this and many similar skeptic topics hes still in his first year, which means things are still poised to go either way.  i just pray he justifies all the support hes been getting on here and proves himself, personally ive yet to see his influence on the park, he talks a good game but im not so easily sweet talked as some of you appear.  dont want to say i fear the worst, but nobody on here should be fooled into thinking we arent involved in a relegation battle right now, losing could see the club set back years of positive developemnt.

as ive said in the past, he hasnt proved himself at all yet, winning manager of the month means nothing to me, turnring things around now and getting the best of our squad again is the only way we'll survive this league

ps.  whoever made the comment about bonzo needed to take the glasses of or something regarding christie, then id strongly urge all the cc supporters to do the same.