FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Transfer Window approaching.

Guest Shaun

The only time we've ever had a deal of january window activity was to try and stave off relegation and that failed abysmally. It would have been great to have signed another striker but, in all honesty, how long would it have taken him to gel with the team and start to make a difference. Its still possible we could find a free agent but I'd much prefer we utilise what we have and play our strengths to whoever we can put up front. I know Fergie is young but he's been around the first team for a while now and has done a decent job in development league so I think he could well step up and be counted.

Nonsense, all of that,

You know your going to lose your top scorer,

You tell your fanbase you have a contingency plan,

Unexpectedly you receive money for said top scorer,

You buy no one and hope we can limp on until end of season,

And if the southend player that rejected us was the backup plan then thats even worse.

The whole thing stinks, and were lucky we probably have enough points to scrape top 6 because Europe is now certainly out of the question.

And today, well today we'll get all the standard cliche's Hughes can fit into one sentence while the board do the usual of claiming we were priced out etc etc

Maybe am just tired after stayin up too late praying for a striker or maybe am just right

One could argue that is a reasonable summary Mr F. The sad thing for me in all this is given our current position in the league and the good football we have been playing this season that we are clearly not seen as an attractive choice?  

I for one am DELIGHTED that January transfer window is closed with only Billy Mckay being sold.

Yes, we probably should (but maybe eventually will) have signed at least one striker.

Now, the priorities are 1) get new deals signed for our out of contract players before they sign pre contracts elsewhere and 2) if necessary, sign/agree pre contracts with new signings, someone like Rory Loy or Gavin Reilly (just 2 that I know of that are out of contract) before, again, its to late.

I was disappointed not to get a new striker in but, having read numerous threads/posts all day, all I have read is negativity, its now time to start getting BEHIND team and leave negativity behind!