FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Transfer Window approaching.

Guest Shaun

He'd be a good signing, but chances are he'd command a massive wage.  Probably go to a lower Championship/League One side down south, unless he goes to the A League or something.

Edited by Renegade

He'd be a good signing, but chances are he'd command a massive wage.  Probably go to a lower Championship/League One side down south, unless he goes to the A League or something.

I would have thought so too. Wouldn't be surprised if he signs for Bolton or even Motherwell since they always bring back old faces and could do with someone like McDonald.

I don't know what his situation is, but I was quite impressed with Garcia Tena for Accies yesterday.  For me, only he and the keeper had decent games for them.  He's pretty tall, strong, fast enough and seems a good ball player out from the back.  Reminds of Golobart in some ways.  A centre-back of this nature would be perfect for the way we play and it'd be nice to have a really tall defender in the squad for set-pieces and stuff.

Drop him. Signing for one of our main rivals halfway through the season is unforgivable and an insult to his team-mates.

Edited by Guest

Yes, makes things tricky for rest of season. Should we play him against the Sheep, for example? Ian Black did OK for us after signing a pre-contract, but there must be split loyalties. Imagine if, last game of season, it's between the two teams for Europe: Success for ICT could actively impact on his own success next season!

Disappointed that he's going to them - really hoped he would have gone South and earned a packet: Would have gone with my best wishes. Less so now.

Very disappointing news indeed.  But if Yogi does decide to drop him, it doesn't worry me as he's been playing out of position lately with Tremarco at left back who's proved he's good enough.

Any chance we could come to some agreement with the Dons to sell him for a fee now?  Even if it is for a fraction of what he's worth, something is better than nothing!

It's not like we don't have adequate cover at left back and in centre mid. Let him rot in the reserves.

Can't agree; it would be the club cutting off its metaphorical nose to spite its face, imho. Shinnie has been one of the most significant and inspirational players in our improvement over the last three seasons: assuming that he's going to maintain his on-field form and commitment, then he should remain a first team starter while we fight for a European place. Obviously, though, if there is any evidence of lessened effort on his part, then he should be dropped straightaway.  

• Agree 2

Disappointed like everyone else but get a grip FFS, we knew it was coming. The boy's a pro, he'll continue to play for his employers as he has done for the whole season with speculation surrounding him.

Calls to drop him are ludicrous to say the least, grow up......

• Agree 3

Disappointed like everyone else but get a grip FFS, we knew it was coming. The boy's a pro, he'll continue to play for his employers as he has done for the whole season with speculation surrounding him.

I certainly didn't see it coming - moving to the Championship, absolutely, but not to a club like Aberdeen. I don't think it's ludicrous to drop a player who doesn't want to be here. 

I certainly didn't see it coming - moving to the Championship, absolutely, but not to a club like Aberdeen. I don't think it's ludicrous to drop a player who doesn't want to be here. 

but we have already known for a few weeks that he would be leaving so would you have dropped him, or McKay as soon as they have said they were not signing a contract?.

but we have already known for a few weeks that he would be leaving so would you have dropped him, or McKay as soon as they have said they were not signing a contract?.

I'll rephrase my point: I don't think it's ludicrous to drop a player who has been engaging in some proverbial mutual bum-sniffing with our main rivals for Europe, despite the total lack of class it shows.

If Mckay signed a pre-contract with Dundee United, I'd want him dropped too. It's a matter of respect. 

I am very disappointed that he has moved sidewards rather than upwards but as some people say many decisions will affect his overall decision. Maybe he wants to stay in Scotland and after all he is from Aberdeen originally but he really had a good chance to go south and play for some top clubs and may even grace the premier league. As for his commitment for the next half a season  can't believe that people are gong to question his commitment. He is the skipper in Foran's absence and has been committed even though we knew he was likely to leave. I am sure he will want to go out on a high and so will be trying his hardest to make sure we have the most successful season in our history.

• Agree 1

My problem with this is that there cannot be a clearer conflict of interest. I have the greatest respect for Graeme as a footballer and I do not doubt his integrity - he always has given his all for ICT. However, he is human and a situation now exists whereby his loyalty might become split. The scenario that I outlined above is not inconceivable - if we had a penalty in the last minute of the last game against Aberdeen to put them out of the European places, would you let him take it? If you wouldn't, you share my anxiety.

The point is that he has given JH a headache and, as we approach the sharp end of the season, the headache could get more acute, depending on what is at stake between the teams. GS is a pro and has given everything for the cause, but in his deep subconscious, will he really be able to continue to?

So it is now clear that a full back must be signed for next season now that Graeme has left so who, in your opinion, should that be?

I would go for one down in England rather than Scotland but there may be decent ones up here?

So it is now clear that a full back must be signed for next season now that Graeme has left so who, in your opinion, should that be?

I would go for one down in England rather than Scotland but there may be decent ones up here?

Tame Scobbie he has worked under JH and played with RL and is a full back and he more U21 caps than shinnie and his contract is up at end of the season, ticks all the boes 

Edited by caleydawson

I reckon we should go left field (pardon the pun) with Shinnie's replacement. What about Aaron Taylor-Sinclair? Highly rated at Partick Thistle and was said to be moving to Celtic but got a move to Wigan instead where he has barely featured.

I reckon we should go left field (pardon the pun) with Shinnie's replacement. What about Aaron Taylor-Sinclair? Highly rated at Partick Thistle and was said to be moving to Celtic but got a move to Wigan instead where he has barely featured.

That would be an excellent signing :ictscarf:.

I am in favour of going for someone young but wouldn't complain if its someone older.

Anyway, as of tomorrow, I am sure Mr Hughes will be on lookout for someone.

We may already have our future long term left back at the club. I think it was Renegade who suggested, on some thread ages ago, that Ryan Baptie was likely signed with a view to being an eventual replacement for when Shinnie inevitably moved on. That could well be the case, time will tell.