FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Accies

WYNESS101

I was at the Lanarkshire Derby last week and some of Accies' tactics were just strange.  They started the game with a 4-2-3-1 before switching early on to 4-4-2 diamond.  After going 1-0 in the first half, they switched again for the second half to a 5-3-2!  Yes, they tried to get back into the game by switching to 5 at the back.  Bizarre!

Also, the big tall striker, Morris, who's on loan from Norwich was absolutely dreadful.

With raven and merkings still injured and tremarco and warren supended perhaps we need to attack for a change and not have our makeshift defence under constant pressure from sitting inand pass backs. Start positive abd try get early goals to finish the game but i dont see that happening sadly and we will most likely create our own downfall as so often this year. Least its at home for a change tho.

Fon Williams 

Horner Devine Draper Williams

Wedderburn Tansey 

Polworth Vigurs Roberts 

Hughes 

The best I could come up with given the available players and I don't really like the look of it to be fair :blink:

Edited by ICTRoughi

5 hours ago, Renegade said:

I was at the Lanarkshire Derby last week and some of Accies' tactics were just strange.  They started the game with a 4-2-3-1 before switching early on to 4-4-2 diamond.  After going 1-0 in the first half, they switched again for the second half to a 5-3-2!  Yes, they tried to get back into the game by switching to 5 at the back.  Bizarre!

Also, the big tall striker, Morris, who's on loan from Norwich was absolutely dreadful.

I thought Morris bullied us in the home Accies game earlier in the season (which we lost 2-0) - hopefully he's completely lost form and confidence! Reading the Accies fans' comments on P&B, they are in even more despair than us, lot least for some of the reasons you quote + a lack of attacking football.

As for our team - I haven't got a clue for this one!

I guess ICTRoughie's option is about as good as it gets unless Mutomobo and Storey are well enough? Not great for such a crucial game.

Presuming Storey and Mutombo are still bed-bound and Meekings and Vincent aren't back - 

Fon Williams

Horner Devine Wedderburn D.Williams

Tansey Draper Polworth

Foran Hughes Roberts

Subs - Esson, Vigurs, Brown, McLennan, R.Williams, MacRae, Howarth

Presumably Accies will go with a back 5 so 3 strikers to keep the pressure on, with Vigurs dropped after his hopeless display on Wednesday.  Filled the bench with youngsters really, but why not.

2 hours ago, WYNESS101 said:

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Tremarco

Doran Vincent ??? Mutomobo

Storey Fisher

only need one more player out to make a starting 11 of players who will miss game

Add Calum Ferguson and you have a team!

45 minutes ago, 12th Man said:

I wouldn't put Draper in defense he's too strong in the tackle and could concede a penalty, better off in midfield.

I can see him as an excellent defender (compared to the alternatives, at least) but the reason I don't really want to see him there is that he's been our best midfield/attacking player for the last few weeks and he would be a great loss in that respect.

Warming up on the touch line is possibly the closest we will see foran to playing again. He cant shake off injury and age isnt on his side, been out so long its hard to see him back at this level if at all. Sometimes wonder if he appears on the bench when times are bad to distract or motivate the fans, a demonstration by the club to justify the longer than usual contract he was given when injured ad aging, showing they are trying to get our captain back to save the day. For me that ship has sailed and warren is now the key leader.

• Agree 2

There is not much choice and it all depends what system Yogi prefers. Let's hope he does not display the Butcheresque stubbornness and adheres to the 3-5-2. Given the players left I fail to see why he would not go 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. I would go for the old reliable 4-2-2-1-1 following the "squad" named by jaggiesoverstaggies. I suspect that Yogi will go for Vigurs and Tansey as the middle two. He may well Wedderburn to them in a Ross Draper role. I would prefer to play Polworth and Ryan Williams wide, Mutumbo in the hole and Hughes up front. Hopefully that would give us Storey to come off the bench. And if we are fortunate to take the lead then please, please go fer the jugular and do not defend. The Well result did not do us any Top Six favours but we need to put that thought out of our heads and start putting points in front of Hamilton, Kille and the Arabs.

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Warming up on the touch line is possibly the closest we will see foran to playing again. He cant shake off injury and age isnt on his side, been out so long its hard to see him back at this level if at all. Sometimes wonder if he appears on the bench when times are bad to distract or motivate the fans, a demonstration by the club to justify the longer than usual contract he was given when injured ad aging, showing they are trying to get our captain back to save the day. For me that ship has sailed and warren is now the key leader.

This is something that's been on my mind lately as well.  In fact, after the game on Wednesday, I pondered whether his inclusion is simply a symbolic gesture.  If Foran wasn't going to come on with five minutes to go and chasing the game on Wednesday after we went behind, then he won't be coming on at all.  

On 11 March 2016 at 0:32 PM, ICTRoughi said:

Fon Williams 

Horner Devine Draper Williams

Wedderburn Tansey 

Polworth Vigurs Roberts 

Hughes 

The best I could come up with given the available players and I don't really like the look of it to be fair :blink:

Called it.