FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Rumour for next season

Jaggy666

heard that CC wont be signing a new centre back, apparently he's gonna try and sign a new right back and use tokley to replace dods!

this was from a guy i sit beside in the stand, he's well clued up as he's mates with grassa.  he was right about numerous things like hislop, wilson back from livi, cowie from county. also he hasnt heard about the richard offiong rumour going about so doubt its true.

I've often thought and mentioned on the forum several times over the years that Ross

''might'' make a really good centre back and I've also given my reasons why too many times to repeat again. My only doubt still remains that he hasn't got the basic speed in general and recovery speed in particular to cope at the highest(scottish) level. Can you

honestly see him getting back to make those last ditch, ball winning tackles that Dods

makes so reguarly......well maybe, but I'm not convinced. Its a shame, because apart from

that to my mind he's fit for purpose as it were........tall, strong, good in the air, strong in the

tackle, reads the game and covers well, fine distribution and good going forward. Why not

give him a couple of games there once we are completely safe, there would be nothing to

lose apart from a few thousand quid in lower place money

IMO this is pysh..... Do you really think CC would experiment in three key positions? we are losing Dods, so an untried Centre half in Caff, put a right back into the other centre back place, and then 'another' right back?  yeah right.