FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dean Shiels

blobs

Am I right in saying that DS was one of the Hibs rebels and may be moving on for that reason? One of the great things about Caley is the work ethique of the players and the way they play for the jersey. These boys train realy hard with not many complaints. I gather part of the Hibs problem was the some players werent happy with the demands Colins was making. If Shields was part of that discent then would he really fit in at a club like Caley however good he may be as a player?

fair point but theres reportedly been 17 players involved in "the revolt". dont think its a great idea to rule out signing all the players reportedly included. think you'd have to take it on an individual case basis. also i'd be surprised if a young fringe player was heavily involved in the revolt, more likely he tagged along as it were

Guest Schafkopf

What happened to the lad sam morrow i recall him having a stormer against us last season ? seems to have fell out the picture ?

Don't get me wrong, this'd be a fantastic signing if we could pull it off, but I'm not so sure I agree with being so public about it.

Are we not in danger of falling flat on our faces with this one? What's the difference in what Brewster was doing last summer, conducting his business through the press, and what we're doing now?

Am I right in saying that DS was one of the Hibs rebels and may be moving on for that reason? One of the great things about Caley is the work ethique of the players and the way they play for the jersey. These boys train realy hard with not many complaints. I gather part of the Hibs problem was the some players werent happy with the demands Colins was making. If Shields was part of that discent then would he really fit in at a club like Caley however good he may be as a player?

I'm reliably informed that the Hibs revolt was about the inexperience of John Collins as a manager and how that reflected in the training at Easter Rd.

Jimmy Calderwood is a big fan, I expect to see Shiels sign for the Dons next season.

Surely you meant to type: Jimmy Calderwood is a big f*nny, I expect to see Shiels give him a great big finger and sign for us next season?  :001:

We already play players with attitude problems so I don't see how this should be held against him?

The lad would be a good choice provided Charlie doesn't play him on the blind side :001:

:007:

was it not dean shiels who scored that good goal from a tight angle on saturday?

i could see him being a good signing if we got him also it might make dargo stay if he knows he'll have a decent striking partner!! i can see them being a deadly partnership! :022:

• 8 months later...

Apparently Shiels is the man Brew wants as/when/if Rankin goes

could certainly think of worse repacements

am i right in thinking that shiels is quite a versatile attacking player in that he can play wide left and up front?

No idea what his best position is. Collins said he was an important member of his squad and hardly played him  :023: He seems to have been around for years but he must still be quite young. Probably a player who would blossom with regular first team football