FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Wood and Vigurs on loan to Elgin perhaps

RossP

Its in the press and journal and also on pieandbovril.com, but thought i'd post these stories on here for those that don't have access to either

Pie and Bovril rumours

P&J

I think it'd be a good move for all concerned. Plus i'd be able to take in the odd Elgin City game when i'm back visiting mates, if ICT are playing away from home

Lets get the first half of the season out of the way, see how players are performing, who's getting their chances and who's not - then decisions can be made as to who (if anyone) would benefit from going out on loan.

All except McAllister that is,  he has had a few chances to prove himself and I think he would benefit from an immediate loan spell to a first or second division team.

From what little I've seen of them both they look promising prospects especially Vigurs. With so many options in midfield just now a loan spell might prove beneficial for him. I'd rather we sent Rory to Elgin rather than Wood - might be the wake up call he needs  :rolleyes02:

After his performances in pre season I think Wood should be given a chance in some of th smaller SPL games against Gretna and St Mirren to give him experience at that level. He looks a hot prospect and although going out on loan will give him experience Elgin in the third division aint really what he needs.

Gary Wood only arrived at Montrose on thursday so didn't make the starting lineup. From what I here from my contacts in that quarter is that the lad impressed and will feature more as the season goes on. He is there because he will get consistant first team football and will learn a great deal in the process. Gary is one of CC's prodige's and is very much in the future plans of ICT if he shows what he's capable of at Montrose.