FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pitch invader today...

Guest loyal_army

this week a life time ban was handed out to stewart and a 5 game ban to a lad tony. absaloultey shocking behaviour from the club , why are they trying to drive fans away  :008: :008: . i bet the club take unneccesary action against the lad who went on the pitch today because they are a feckin joke!! they ncourage fans to create an atmosphere and when they do they ban them ?????? :018:

Would this be the same chap that has been banned from this website for foul and abusive language??

it is the same guy yes.

Guest TinCanFan

Surely banning someone for standing is a bit over the top.  Surely the club should be thankful that they have support like that.  I hate to think what their next move will be - banning people who cheer a goal perhaps.

One question, I'm getting some mixed signals.  Was that kid banned from going on the pitch, or from standing up and singing?

Stewart was banned for standing.

My understanding is that he wasn't banned for standing, but for foul and abusive conduct towards the stewards and police. A big difference.

At the Arbroath game the stewards didn't get involved until some fans just pushed the bounaries and were sitting and hanging over the back wall of the West Stand (I'm sure you would have noticed the boards which have been erected to avoid a repeat) It was the people who assumed the steward had an issue with them standing and became abusive towards the stewards and the police.  Chants of 'If you hate the f***ing stewards clap your hands is hardly likely to enamour them.  It was the police and not the stewards or the club who were annoyed at the behaviour of the fans on that night, especially the ones who ran to the gate in protest.  This is the reason that the new restrictions were imposed on the West Stand. Rightly or wrongly this is the facts as far as I know them. 

You may well be right, I wasn't involved, just commenting on hear say.  I do know that it was the police who were determined to take the action though.  The unfortunate thing is that 1 person is singled out for punishment, but that's what they do. I suspect if they had the manpower available there may be more of you in the same boat.

This is intriguing and not a little embarrassing for the club.

The possibility of patrons gaining access to the wall behind the singing section and the risk of falling from it should have been considered at the design stage.

Of course the club would have been culpable should somebody have fallen from the wall.

Anybody that is ejected as a result of the events as sketched on here has only himself or herself to blame. Imagine the bad publicity for the club should a fall from height have resulted in a serious injury.

The club has taken exactly the correct decision in preventing disorder that could resulted in court action.

The fact that it has come to this gives this observer no pleasure, but I have to say that my sympathies are with the club.

At the start of the Dundee Utd game there was a solitary female steward posted at the corner flag adjacent to the singing section. The clear signal to me was ?self policing?.

You failed.

Ignore the Pied Piper of Hamelin.

Guest loyal_army

what happens if we all run on pitch, are they gona ban us all??  :blah01: :blah01: :blah01:

i think not

anyway, then we wont have any supporters  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Never noticed any one on the pitch at the time but on the highlights someone  runs on to join in the celebrations. not actually on the playing surface  but to the right of the goal next to the wall.        :018: