FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Women drivers or men drivers : Who are the worst?

Johnboy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweeping generalisations and sterotypes from me :

Men are more rash, aggressive and drive faster.

Women are dangerous in different ways - more hesitant, and have less control of the vehicle.

Statistically men have more accidents, but only because they do more mileage. Women have more accidents per mile driven.

Guest TinCanFan

How many times do you a awful driver and it turns out to be a women?  Most of the time it seems and IMO women have less crashes because they drive along at 3mph holding back the real drivers on the road.

Mrs Mantis thinks men are far more courteous. In our street we usually have to turn the car round to go anywhere.

In the middle of your 3-point turn some woman comes up the street and sails past your bonnet  :029: If it's a man, he stops and lets you go.

Just in case nobody has seen this before- did you hear that there is growing concern that women are at risk when visiting car parks, especially at night?

The answer is to have special car parks dedicated to women, with special security arrangements so that men would not be allowed.

Plans are here

I cannot get involved in this argument as both my wife and I drive a taxi in sneck.

However, female taxi drivers get much better tips.. fact!!

Guys get in cab, make jokes about having a female driver.

Realise the girl can drive, get to their destination safely and then feel obliged to tip because they feel bad that they have taken the micky. (their is also a novelty value still in finding a female cabby!)

They also get "girl power tips", as female passangers like having a female driver and admire female taxi drivers for doing what has traditionally been a mans job.

I will however make some non sex observations.  Worst drivers I find on the whole,  are found in the oap group. It's their total unpredictability that makes them a danger to others.

Boy racers are bad drivers (fast, aggressive)  but predictable.

Graham

PS.   LG if your reading this love to hear your comments.

Graham

If a man gets into my taxi and starts the usual 'woman driver' rubbish, first I give him the option to walk (nobody has taken me up on this yet)  :015:  Then I drive like a maniac, late braking, late cornering, harsh acceleration. They soon get the message and end up very impressed that a mere mortal of a woman can handle a car like I do.  :015: :015: :015:

Generally I am complimented on my driving and possibly the best compliment I ever had was when I was told I wasn't a 'woman driver'  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I think they meant typical.  :rotflmao:

Tourists in hire cars with sat nav are the worst ever as they aren't even looking where they are going as they are waiting for tom tom to tell them where to go.  I try to be tolerant as I would probably be lost in their town or country, but I do think driving has deteriorated with sat nav systems.  They do serve a purpose, but no need for them all the time.

)  :015:  Then I drive like a maniac, late braking, late cornering, harsh acceleration. They soon get the message and end up very impressed that a mere mortal of a woman can handle a car like I do.  :015: :015: :015:

I thought you drove like that all of the time...