FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Football Manager 08

FortressICT

Out Friday 19th Oct (next week)

Played the gold demo and it's sheer class.gonna be the best one yet.

http://fm08.footballmanager.net/en/article...1692.html  -  what a trailer!!!

gonna be sooooo hooked again!!

gonna take oxford utd to the prem in 8 years.thats my plan!!

bring it on!!

"If you can go in 3-0 down then take your men + lift their heads to go and win....If you can handle the media spotlight whilst knowing they wait like wolves for your fall.....If you can motivate your players for that last minute run.....If you can trust yourselve when the board,media and fans doubt you yet inspire your team to win by a goal or 2....

You'll be a manager my son!!"

Pure inspiration!!

Guest pompeyjags

am 3rd after six games, best win is 4-1 vs motherwell but lost 5-0 to celtic. next game vs st johnstone but the favs to win apparently even tho im at home!!!

marius is on a grand a week... :024:

ive managed to compete with the old firm for a few seasons. money quickly builds up if u do well in the cups and sell players for a little more than they are valued at. best trick to get a few guys from england in on loan.

Been playing the demo and have seen Michael Fraser called up for Scotland, Paatelainen called up and playing well for Finland, Marius banging them in for club and country, and Hastings a regular for Canada. Rory also called up and a regular for the Scotland U21s and Garry Wood for the U19s ..... didnt do much in the transfer market, but listened to Donald Park when he suggested we re-sign Liam Keogh  :001:

Much more fun is to try and play the other version ... "Worldwide Soccer Manager" and try to get to grips with the MLS player rules where you can only have so many Senior Internationals, Youth Internationals, and Development players and have a strictly enforced salary cap .... boy was that hard !

Download for PC or MAC here : http://fm08.footballmanager.net/en/demo.html

The vanilla demo is "lite" whereas the strawberry demo has team logos, player pictures etc.

PC:

Minimum:

? Windows XP/Vista. 1.2Ghz Processor. 256MB Ram. DirectX8.1 compatible sound card. 4xCD Rom drive, 1024x768 32Bit display. 750MB HD space. MS compatible mouse & keyboard.

Recommended:

? Windows XP/Vista. AMD or Intel Dual Core 2.2Ghz processor. 1GB Ram. DirectX8.1 compatible sound card. 4xCD Rom drive, 1024x768 32Bit display. 750MB HD space. MS compatible mouse & keyboard.

MAC:

Minimum:

PowerMac/PowerBook: Power PC - G4 1.2Ghz, 256MB Ram, Mac OS10.3.9. 4xCD Rom drive, 1024x768 32bit display. 750MB HD Space Mac Pro/MacBook ? Intel Core Duo 1.8Ghz, Mac OS 10.4.4, 256MB Ram. 4xCD Rom drive, 1024x768 32bit display. 750MB HD Space

Recommended:

PowerMac/PowerBook: Power PC ? G5 2Ghz, Mac OS 10.4.9, 1GB Ram, 4xCD Rom drive, 1024x768 32bit display. 750MB HD Space

Mac Pro/MacBook ? Intel Core Duo: 2Ghz, Mac OS 10.4.9, 1GB Ram, 4xCD Rom drive, 1024x768 32bit display. 750MB HD Space

I'm thinking of buying it. How does it compare to the Champ. Manager games, as I haven't liked the recent ones much.

dont buy champ man, buy football manager. its the same as the original champ man just with a different name. champ man nowadays is completely different

On last years version, I played three seasons with Caley, in that time I won the CIS Cup, finished second in the league, got into the champions league beating Man U, Scottish Cup final which got me into the EURO cup in which I got to the group stages of. The key is to add alll the English players and sign a few gems from their. I had some guy called Marc Eisten become my best player. I was also Arsnel's feeder team meaning I had the likes of Deniellson playing for me.

Kicked the FM habit, back when it was still Champ Man, 'cos I was forgetting to wash or feed myself.

Has anyone tried Trophy Manager, though? It's a free online game and similar to FM - nicely detailed but easy to pick up. My team, Tokyo Thistle FC, are the current Scottish Champions (and with only minor effects on my personal hygiene routine).