FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brechin kicked out of the cup

Guest couchpotato

Harsh but probably the right decision as long as the SFA are consistent and apply the same rules to all whether it be Brora Rangers or Glasgow Rangers.

That said, I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the poor, almost certainly unpaid, official responsible.

They cheated - they get kicked out plain and simple. I believe that one of the two ineligible players also setup the winning goal !!!

What worries me is the SFA .... yesterday they had an emergency meeting, fined them 10K and ordered a replay on Saturday because they had fielded one ineligible player, but then somehow they figure out later, after the meeting had happened, and after the press release had been issued that they had actually fielded two ineligible players ..... shouldnt they have investigated this (ie looked at teamlines and confirmed with SFL) before the meeting ?

Guest couchpotato

Not so sure myself,think Arbroath fielded two suspended players against Montrose in the Cup and that  match was replayed,the only thing consistant with the SFA is inconsistancy.

Based on previous decisions made by the SFA under similar circumstances I can't see how it is possible for them to justify throwing Brechin out of the Cup.

Arbroath were fined ?20,000 and ordered to replay a game for fielding two ineligible players not so long ago, and this situation is no different.

You also have other cases where St Mirren were fined ?10,000 for not adhering to the U21 rule but no re-match was ordered as the original result was a draw and they had to replay anyway and QotS received a similar fine but no re-match could be ordered as they had already been knocked out in a later match before it came to the attention of the SFA that they had breached the player eligibility criteria.