FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Peterhead v Partick

Howard

I'm assuming that the majority of people on this site would prefer the Blue Toon to win. If they do, has it ever happened before in Scotland that the same two clubs, in this case Peterhead and Gretna, earned promotion two years in a row from the same divisions to the same divisions?

Thought I would bring this back to the top since the final final is today!!!

Good luck to Iain Stewart and all at Peterhead!! Hope they will be joining Gretna next season!

What a pity Peterhead didn't win it.

Forget about Gretna - that would've been the true "fairytale" - a team echoing the success of Gretna but without the benefit of big cash handouts from a multi-millionaire sugar-daddy.

There's always next season though - they may even replace Ross County in the First Division!

Bad luck to Peterhead... must be quite a tough one to take. Hopefully they can better themselves for next season and win promotion by finishing in 1st.

Tough luck on Peterhead, they hit the post twice in a couple of minutes late in the second half and Partick salvaged the game with a deflected free kick two minutes into injury time. You just knew when it went to penalties the game was up for Stewarty. Paul Ritchie putting the final nail in Stewart and Bavidges coffins. Hard to bare, but credit I suppose to Jags for battling to the end.