FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sky +

RiG

Got the sky monthly magazine delivered today. The newsletter states yet another increase to the subscription !!! :008: Now ?47 !!!!!!!!

Time to consider an alternative methinks !!!

What are the alternatives? :024:

council tele :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yer nothing but a cheapskate pal.

Time to consider an alternative methinks !!!

What are the alternatives? :024:

Depends what ya want regarding viewing packages,since their is no cable up here that is'n't an option,(assuming you stay in the Highland area)however, a limited Sentanta package at ?10 a month is available through freeview recievers fitted with card slots,New BBC freesat with free HD,no subscription is pretty good,Freeview through yer aerial obviously,also BT Vision, which i'm no affy familiar with yet but they have films, sports etc. Bottom line is if you want the full sport packages and all movies your stuck with Sky and their ever spiralling prices.

PM me if you have any questions on packages, prices etc

( I predicted no one would be prepared to cough up when they put the prices past 20 quid,what do eh know!)

Depends what ya want regarding viewing packages,since their is no cable up here that is'n't an option,(assuming you stay in the Highland area)however, a limited Sentanta package at ?10 a month is available through freeview recievers fitted with card slots,New BBC freesat with free HD,no subscription is pretty good,Freeview through yer aerial obviously,also BT Vision, which i'm no affy familiar with yet but they have films, sports etc. Bottom line is if you want the full sport packages and all movies your stuck with Sky and their ever spiralling prices.

PM me if you have any questions on packages, prices etc

( I predicted no one would be prepared to cough up when they put the prices past 20 quid,what do eh know!)

Cheers for that Heilandee. Pretty much confirms my fears though.....no real alternative if ya want movies etc!

I think i'll maybe ditch the skysports (that'll reduce the price a wee bit and can be my personal protest to sky). Sky don't show scottish football and english football is overrated anyways so I'll not miss it!! :003:

Hey RBC...why not try, when you phone sky, telling em that you cant afford sky. Chances are they will offer you a reduced package price. They done it a few times in the past. If they ask for a reason why ure downgrading...tell them you feel shortchanged by the quality of the channels.

I got the full SKY package for over a year for the price of the basic package by simply telling them every time they called me that I was so busy working that I hadn't got the time to review everything on offer (which was partially true at the time). 

For a long time Sky were affy worried about "churn" ie, customers stopping subscriptions and operatives were instructed  to offer virtually any incentive to keep customers on board,however, they made a rod for their own back as everyone became aware of this and began phoning in demanding reduced package rates or they would leave,to the point Sky drew a line and now it is very difficult (although not impossible)to negotiate reduced package rates. I,d be interested to hear if anyone can negotiate reduced package rates, as this may change in the current climate as belts get tightened with spiralling cost of living charges. ?47 a month is getting outrageous.

I've been down that road before. About 3 years ago I needed the dish moved cos of a tree blocking the signal. Sky said they'd have to charge me a call out fee so I said forget it I'll cancel my subscription......Hey presto, 5 mins later a supervisor phoned me offering to fix everything for free !!! :029:

With this and the recent price hikes I just think sky are taking the **** a bit !! They could do with some serious competition from somewhere!

?47 Lets equate that to real terms.   14 pints o lager at Johhny foxes is ?47. 112 cans o lager at Tesco's is ?40.  Let's face it pal you'll just need to give up drinking. :023: :023:

:rotflmao: If I was drinking 112 tinnies a month I wouldn't be fit to watch sky anyway !!! :drinking04: :drinking01: :drinking08: :drinking09: