FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Burnley

Alex MacLeod

Ta. Same old, same old from Russell on the passing front, then? Not encouraging about Black, though. At least he didn't lamp anyone. Or did he?

He was getting frustrated at one point and went in for a bad challenge, which would have probably been a yellow card if it wasn't a friendly. It wasn't all bad though he had a shot towards the end of the match that just sailed over the bar.... Black is without doubt one of our most talented players but he was just taking far too long on the ball and got caught out on far too many occasions

Was hard to tell because we were defending for the most of the first half, second half we were playing direct football because we were trying to get the equaliser...

Black & Duncan were struggling to pass the ball 10yrds so didn't really leave any other option than hit the ball long

I agree that some of the defending required a desperate hoof up the park but there were several occasions when a pass was on but it was just thumped up to no-one in particular. Munro seems incapable of a short pass in the game, with aimless thumps his preferred choice. Tokely was a shocker for both goals and I'll agree he didn't look like he was interested. Hastings had a shocker in my view, what he was doing at the second goal I do not know.

First of all Tokely and Cowie(?) win the ball from the Burnley winger, only for Tokely to give it straight back to him. The cross comes in to the back post where Hastings appeared to fall over and let Burnley in. The whole team should be embarrassed!

Going forward, the only thing we could muster were shots from 35 yards which had no danger of troubling the keeper. Barrowman's goal was the result of them fannying about at the back and not something we did. The complete lack of pace is what concerns me the most, there is just none in that team.

' agree that some of the defending required a desperate hoof up the park but there were several occasions when a pass was on but it was just thumped up to no-one in particular. Munro seems incapable of a short pass in the game, with aimless thumps his preferred choice. Tokely was a shocker for both goals and I'll agree he didn't look like he was interested. Hastings had a shocker in my view, what he was doing at the second goal I do not know.'

Nothing new then...

Missed the first 20 minutes, but if it was like the rest of the first half, then it was no great loss.

Burnley's second goal was a joke, two chances to clear - 1 minute before half-time, Rosscoe should have put it into the stand.

We looked better in the second half, bringing Imrie on made a difference. Don't think it was down to Burnley making changes, some of the subs they brought on looked pretty decent.

Barrowman looked like he'll score goals - although that inner-ear infection affecting his balance needs sorting, and Rooney seemed to work hard.

If we play like we did in the second half, we should be fine. If we play like we did in the 20 minutes or so I saw of the first half, we'll be down by 5th November!

Having watched the whole game I can only agree with most of the above comments about the teams performance. Had Burnley's strikers been on target more often we could have been out of sight in the first twenty minutes. Our new boys looked good but i'm affraid the little or no attention by Brew' to the defensive frailities during the close season will see us suffer during 2008/09. The defence was shocking and definately at fault for both goals. Rossco, I'm sorry to say, will be a liability this season, I hope he proves me wrong but on the evidence at Turf Moor on Saturday the signs are not good. On the plus side Barrowman looks like he will score goals, he'll need to score more than we concede and that won't be easy in the SPL. On the balance of play Burnley deserved their win but, in the end, we were unlucky not to grab a draw. My stats for the match:-

All Shots Burnley: 15

All Shots ICT: 12

Possession 1st half: 70 - 30

Possession 2nd half: 60 -40

Our tactics seemed to be all over the place and the long punt up the park was very much in evidence. We struggled yet again to string passes together and the team lacked pace down either flank. We certainly have nobody to run to the by-line and whip a cross in. This season will be a struggle based on this performance. We only seem to play well in spells of around 3 or 4 minutes and would certainly not be capable of a full 90 minutes of good football.

After the final whistle only about three of the ICT players applauded the away support which was a bit of a shocker I thought. Barry was first down the tunnel and appeared to be peeved that he didn't get a game and had a face as long as the M6.

Here's hoping we are all proved wrong and ICT have a cracking season starting next Saturday at Aberdeen.

Going forward, the only thing we could muster were shots from 35 yards which had no danger of troubling the keeper. Barrowman's goal was the result of them fannying about at the back and not something we did. The complete lack of pace is what concerns me the most, there is just none in that team.

Couldn't agree more in regards of the pace upfront.. we don't even seem to have an option on the bench at the moment that will give the opposing defenders something else to think about

I still haven't had a chance to see Wood play so don't know if he is the ace in the hole

I think the reason we weren't creating much is because Black had such a poor game. If Black is going to be a permanent fixture in the first team there is a lot of responsibility on him to produce chances for our front two from the centre of the park and also chip in with more goals than he has previously contributed

I know it was only a friendly and thats the first time I've seen Caley play since CB returned but in my opinion Rossco is simply not good enough, Hastings didn't fair much better, Munro seems incapable of passing to a player in his own team and dont get me started on McGuire....

Totally agree with Exiled ICT complete lack of pace out there - on this evidence we are gonna struggle big time this season. For the first time since we won promotion to the SPL I am concerned for our survival.

Anyway, on a brighter note, I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Burnley and found the ladies most accomodating :rotflmao: