Team For Hibs

Guest Mahonio

Russell Duncan and Granty are both out, so Duff will start with Mcguire, with Nish being our bogeyman, Duff will need to be sharp and keep close tabs on him, no point in putting mcguire against him as he canna jump.

I would like to see 4-4-2 but we will no doubt have 4-5-1 again with Rooney to start.

will be interesting to see who comes in for Duncan, whether they go 4-4-2 with rooney replacing him or go for a midfield replacement which ir more likely. would like to see Vigurs get a chance personally

Edited by Libero

Fraser

Tokely Duff Proctor Hastings

Cowie Black McBain Imrie

Barrowman Rooney

We have to go 4-4-2 against Hibs which means Rooney coming in. I would like to see Proctor coming in for McGuire. I think Fraser shouldstill play in goals but I would like to see him play short balls rather than the constant long balls.

I hope that Zander gets 20 minutes or so because he showed against Liverpool that he is highly talented.

Why do so many people insist on playing Cowie out wide?

We saw last season that he was far more effective when played on the inside and pushing forward from there. Having looked back through the match reports for the games in which Cowie scored last season and more than half of them were scored when he was played inside or in front of midfield supporting a lone striker. Others were scored from break aways and set pieces or when Cowie had come inside when we were on the ascendancy. If he's going to score goals from those positions, then surely it makes sense to play him in those positions?

We have Barry Wilson sitting on the bench being wasted IMO. OK, so he may no longer be able to last 90 minutes in a competitive match, but we should be using him for far more than the final 10 or 15 minutes of a game.

IMO, we should be starting with a central line of something like....

Wilson, Cowie, Black, Imrie (add McBain if we're going 5 across the middle at home and Duncan if it's away)

We can then look to be bringing young Zander Sutherland more and more in to the games as Wilson's replacement for the last 25 minute or so in a match, with a view to him becoming a more permanent replacement by the end of the season and getting regular starts.

We saw last season that he was far more effective when played on the inside and pushing forward from there. Having looked back through the match reports for the games in which Cowie scored last season and more than half of them were scored when he was played inside or in front of midfield supporting a lone striker. Others were scored from break aways and set pieces or when Cowie had come inside when we were on the ascendancy. If he's going to score goals from those positions, then surely it makes sense to play him in those positions?

agreed but if it is a choice between having Cowie in the centre and Wilson or Zander wide right or cowie on the right with Vigurs playing in the centre then i would certainly go with the latter.

We have Barry Wilson sitting on the bench being wasted IMO. OK, so he may no longer be able to last 90 minutes in a competitive match, but we should be using him for far more than the final 10 or 15 minutes of a game.

IMO Barry is best coming off the bench for the last 20 as an impact player and i'm yet to be convinced that Zander has what it takes to command a regular starting berth in right mid at the moment, given time i hope and believe Zander will come good, just not yet.

Proctor, Munro and Duncan out - **** me - at least we may be getting all the bad luck out of the system early doors. But it could have been better than facing Nish and Fletcher and an attacking side. I suapect that Brew may have considered a 4-5-1 but I dont think that we have the necessary personnel.

I would prefer not to play Duff from the off - if he plays well and we get a result - great - if he makes another mistake his confidence will be well fecked - hope he has the bottle. Unfortunately Duff's inclusion will undoubtedly mean that he is paired with Maguire - Brew will also stick with Hastings and Tokely.

McBain is the evident replacement fer Duncan. Could be Wilson-Cowie-Black-McBain-Imrie across the middle but I hope not.

I prefer Cowie playing wide in the typical Bazza role - a clone in fact - I feel that is where I have seen him at his most effective.