Our 2008 stats

kencar

OK everyone knows stats can be misleading but after todays defeat I got to thinking how many clean sheets we've had recently. This got me on to thinking how we'd performed this calendar year after that purple patch we had came to an end!! So I did a bit of counting (I'll hold my hand up and say I'm not entirely convinced all my arithmetic is correct and feel free to point out any mistakes I made!) and this year has been pretty poor people.

The figures in brackets are the results if you don't include the whipping boys of Gretna

Played 26 (23)

Won 7 (4)

Drawn 4

Lost 15

Goals Scored = 31 (20)

Goals Conceded = 39 (37)

Clean Sheets = 3 (2)

P**h poor by anyone's standards

Let's hope we have another purple patch soon - otherwise!!!

Guest WynessLegend

Hopefully we'll beat the drop for the fifth year in the SPL -

and have a few enjoyable Saturday's in the process.

That's good enough for me.

I never was a fan of statistics.

I hope to christ we can beat the drop but unless we can find another 1000 season ticket sales I cant see it lasting. We are running at a loss with what we have so we cant bring in better.

I'm afraid its a bit of a vicious circle Alex - there is no way we will bring in another 1000 season ticket holders with the dross the home support have been subjected to in the last few months! I have been reluctant to point the finger at the manager but ultimately the responsibility is his - and I cant help remembering where he took Dundee United before they got rid of him just in time. Tactically I have no idea where he is going from week to week (nor do the players I suspect) and fitness and effort alone are not enough to keep us in this division.

• 1 month later...

2008 stats for ourselves, St Mirren, Falkirk and Kilmarnock (I feel we are a similar team to Kilmarnock and should be every bit as competetive as they are) Didn't see much point in including the stats for Hamilton as you only need to look at the current table for where they are and how they're doing.

post-1923-1225708090.jpg

We ( the fans ) knew last season that the defence was a shambles, and it shows in the above stats, a decent defender was surely the main item in the shopping list for the close season and it never happened.

A goalscorer was also required and Barrowman may well prove a good signing but only if he gets the service, which at present he aint.