FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Section G 1-0 Stewards

FortressICT

Today after approx 1min 20secs of us standing up at the back of Section G a steward came and told us to sit down. We did after a minute or two of worthless protesting, but after we scored our 1st we were standing and the stewards came up to us again and told us to sit down, this time we didn't (I think it was at this point) a man from the crowd got up and challenged the stewards as to why we had to sit down (hero), the two stewards then left us alone for the rest of the match.

From this incident happening I have got the opinion that the Stewards are clearly on a power trip and see us young lads as perfect people to take that power trip out on, but then when challenged by more "mature and senior :rotflmao: " ICT fans they seem to back down. I'm not saying this in a cheeky way to anyone at all, but if more fans were like that man today and challenged the stewards also then maybe we wouldn't have an issue at all and that might be how the away fans get away with it, cause they challenge them.

I told a guy at work about it and he said well were the people behind us - no. So he said then there is no issues at all and that the stewards have no right to do that if we aren't blocking anyones view. I'm not saying that is correct but that is what he thought and everyone else at work thought.

It hasn't been mentioned in the matchday thread but I thought the atmosphere in G was really good today, everyone was joining in. If we could get the family section and sections to our right to join in we could have a real atmosphere on our hands.

This is obviously another positive to take out of todays game.

The club is in a good position at the moment; 4th in the league and in the Quarters of a cup with a winable match ahead.

I have been a major critic of Brew and sometimes rightly so, but now my view has changed but obviously there are issues in the squad which need sorted. (Off topic already)

So if we can get atmosphere like we did today from even say 50-65% of the other North Stand fans then, that will obviously inspire the players more. I'm sure everyone saw the players reactions to us chanting their name - Barrowman, Rooney, Imrie etc.

Lets start this afresh and build upon it (in the stands and more importantly on the pitch)!

very very well said ross :rotflmao:

atmosphere was fantastic today at parts. we just need to build on this now and try and keep that atmosphere going from start to finish!!

proper job today from team and fans and especially that one guy who told the jobsworths to take a hike. good times :thumb04:

I think this was a "victory" for both parties and I'd be careful of gloating to the contrary as you might just succeed in p*ssing off whoever further up the chain of command made the call that you (and others who stood in support of you) were not causing any issue and instructed the Stewards to retreat back to their seats.

I think what was shown today was that when the Stewards intervene unnecessarily it only worsens the situation and I think everyone involved showed how responsible they can be by not abusing the situation and acting responsibly once left alone.

I think if we stand up, sing/chant/bash the drum and then sit down when we're done then we could very well find that any issues that have existed till now will disappear, or at least reduce dramatically.

So....let's forget the points scoring and give a big thumbs up to common sense on both sides.

I saw the guy get up and give the stewards a bollocking - one of the highlights of the day :rotflmao:

I think the other thing to note is that we saw yesterday that if the team gives the crowd something to shout about then the fans will react. And it happened yesterday and look where it got us :thumb04:

Today after approx 1min 20secs of us standing up at the back of Section G a steward came and told us to sit down. We did after a minute or two of worthless protesting, but after we scored our 1st we were standing and the stewards came up to us again and told us to sit down, this time we didn't (I think it was at this point) a man from the crowd got up and challenged the stewards as to why we had to sit down (hero), the two stewards then left us alone for the rest of the match.

From this incident happening I have got the opinion that the Stewards are clearly on a power trip and see us young lads as perfect people to take that power trip out on, but then when challenged by more "mature and senior ;) " ICT fans they seem to back down. I'm not saying this in a cheeky way to anyone at all, but if more fans were like that man today and challenged the stewards also then maybe we wouldn't have an issue at all and that might be how the away fans get away with it, cause they challenge them.

I told a guy at work about it and he said well were the people behind us - no. So he said then there is no issues at all and that the stewards have no right to do that if we aren't blocking anyones view. I'm not saying that is correct but that is what he thought and everyone else at work thought.

It hasn't been mentioned in the matchday thread but I thought the atmosphere in G was really good today, everyone was joining in. If we could get the family section and sections to our right to join in we could have a real atmosphere on our hands.

This is obviously another positive to take out of todays game.

The club is in a good position at the moment; 4th in the league and in the Quarters of a cup with a winable match ahead.

I have been a major critic of Brew and sometimes rightly so, but now my view has changed but obviously there are issues in the squad which need sorted. (Off topic already)

So if we can get atmosphere like we did today from even say 50-65% of the other North Stand fans then, that will obviously inspire the players more. I'm sure everyone saw the players reactions to us chanting their name - Barrowman, Rooney, Imrie etc.

Lets start this afresh and build upon it (in the stands and more importantly on the pitch)!

:018: :rotflmao: Agree completely. The same happens every time when nobody will stick up for us at the games until yesterday when that man and a few others did and the stewards backed down straight away. It would be good to see the same at future games :thumb04:

Watched your stand off with the stewards from the main stand, 2nd best result off the day. Great when you started the 'BOUNCY', half of section G joined in.

Will watch with intrest how the stewards deal with Celtic's support. We all know what they will do, nothing.

You all do realise that people from the club etc do read this forum? Talk of getting one over on them or whatever is only going to serve to worsen the situation. If you go looking for trouble it's sure to find you. Why not let sleeping dogs lie and just wait to see if the sensible stewarding that emerged continues at future home games?

Well said Roscoe and I thoroughly agree about your comments on getting the rest of the fans to join in, Rooney in particular enjoys his name being chanted. Atmosphere at the ground is very poor but I never see tegh ones around me joining in. After cheering and celebrating Barrowman's goal I was getting looks of 'look at him'. Everyone should go mental when we are winning. But how can we get the rest of teh stand to join you guys?

I did notice some below yous were getting in on the act!

Posted about this on the Beni Board yesterday. Quality atmosphere from Section G on Saturday!!! :rotflmao:

As has been previously mentioned, watch out for a backlash, common sense stewarding is a thing of the past at the TCS.

Best thing you can do is sit and sing, for the next couple of games, just to let to die down a bit. I'm not saying don't stand at all, just play it cool and try not to stand all the time.

Big thumbs up to the lad that sttod up to the stewards, :thumb04: , well done that man.

Next time you're asked to sit down, just ask to see the SIA Licence of the person who's trying to enforce the rules :018:

I saw that from the Main Stand too - as soon as some noise came from you, the Stewards were all over it like a rash, whereas the Killie fans were doing as they pleased.

Glas someone stood up to the situation.

Further to my earlier post, I thougt you might find this useful, pages 7 & 8 let you know what Stewards without SIA Licences can do.

It makes for interesting reading, as there's not really a lo they can do without a Licence, apart from show you to your seat.

SIA Security at Events (Including Football)

In the past we've had Ace and Rock Steady doing the stewarding and IMO those companies were not too fussy about who they employed. Now, it would appear, Group 4 Securities are doing the job. It is my understanding that all their personell are licenced, though even with a licence they cant actually do much more than ask the police to assist where there are problems. They can request that a person leaves the stadium but I dont think they can physically enforce if.

One thing I noticed in the last couple of home games is there are far less stewards watching the home fans. On saturday I saw no more than 4 at any one time looking after the whole North Stand. Looking at the incident on saturday where the stewards did come and speak to the lads at the back, I believe they listened to the gentleman who spoke out, then with advice from the supervisor and an assessment of the situation decided no harm was being done and so left well alone. It may also be that the match commander had some input as well on assessing the video footage.

I dont think any one side won a point over the other and I would advise that nobody gloat but instead acknowledge that common sense prevailed and show that no harm is meant, nor will come, from the section G brigade.

In the past we've had Ace and Rock Steady doing the stewarding and IMO those companies were not too fussy about who they employed. Now, it would appear, Group 4 Securities are doing the job. It is my understanding that all their personell are licenced, though even with a licence they cant actually do much more than ask the police to assist where there are problems. They can request that a person leaves the stadium but I dont think they can physically enforce if.

One thing I noticed in the last couple of home games is there are far less stewards watching the home fans. On saturday I saw no more than 4 at any one time looking after the whole North Stand. Looking at the incident on saturday where the stewards did come and speak to the lads at the back, I believe they listened to the gentleman who spoke out, then with advice from the supervisor and an assessment of the situation decided no harm was being done and so left well alone. It may also be that the match commander had some input as well on assessing the video footage.

I dont think any one side won a point over the other and I would advise that nobody gloat but instead acknowledge that common sense prevailed and show that no harm is meant, nor will come, from the section G brigade.

Rock Steady were taken over by G4S earlier this year, and as such retain all of Rock Steadys staff under a TUPE arrangement. G4S have the same problem as Rock Steady have, in that their staff are not licensed, next time you're at a game take the time to have a look at the Stewards, only the Supervisors are licensed.

Stewards are 'apparently' supposed to contact a Supervisor in the event of anything that needs to be done. A Licensed Security Guard/Door Supervisor can use reasonable force to eject persons from a Stadium/Pub/Club/Premises, so long as they have reasonable grounds to do so.

Regards the part about common sense, hear hear! :rotflmao: Section G is where the vast majority of atmosphere/noise is coming from in the ground, nothing malicious in it at all, I truly hope that the folks there keep it up! I do agree about the gloating though, it's only going to get peoples backs up.

FYI, G4S only have aproximately 12 staff local to the Inverness are, with the remainder being transported from other areas in Scotland. (this may have changed recently, so don't quote me on it).

With the regards to the licensing of stewards the law is specific that they must all be licenced and have their badges on display. In Scotland this includes all event/football mtch stewards. Also, the club as well as steards and their company can be fined heavily around ?5000 for using un registered stewards. Contary to what people in both club and outside this is the fact and it is appraent if you read article submitted on previous post by someone else.

As I said in the thread relating to myself and CaleyD's meeting with Kenny Cameron and others

I would also point out that during the game, Kenny noticed that the only two stewards in amongst the crowd in the North stand were at the back of section 'G' and that - as well as the innocuous behaviour of the fans at that time - was also noted by him.

The match commander on saturday was Andy Cowie, a policeman with a sensible approach to policing. I have no doubt there would have been a wee word in someones ear to "cool it". If theres no hassle, why create some?

Long may the tolerant approach continue.

Well played section "G".

The match commander on saturday was Andy Cowie, a policeman with a sensible approach to policing. I have no doubt there would have been a wee word in someones ear to "cool it". If theres no hassle, why create some?

Long may the tolerant approach continue.

Well played section "G".

I don't think anyone on this thread is saying that any hassle should be created. I think everyone's in shock at the common sense approach!

Well done to the Match Commander, if he did indeed tell the Stewards to cool their jets. From what I could see there was nothing wrong with what the lads in Section G were doing, that wasn't being done on a larger scale in the away end with no response from Stewards.

Football fans stand at football matches all over the world without any problems so what's the problems with the stewards at TCS? Celtic fans will no doubt stand up for the whole game this weekend and nothing will be done.

Rangers fans sing their vile anti pope bigotry for the whole match nothing gets done.

this is our home we pay our money to get in and are treated like the away end.

the club should remember who puts the cash in the whole season long.

football is the working class man's game solet us enjoy it without hassle.

• 2 weeks later...

Please read the reply on this subject in Boardroom Banter especially the last paragraph. My reading into it is that the club and stewards carried out a bit of an experiment to ascertain how things went and that they are happy with the outcome and, so long as people dont try and take the p, will be more lenient. So guys and girls this is a chance to show we are all responsible people and lets make some noise.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest onlyonedougieimre

That was actually funny as!!! But u missed out the fact that every time the steward tried to talk we kept starting new songs to sing hahahaha that was brill!!!! :rotflmao: