FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Clyde management

Yngwie

What on earth is this all about? From BBC :

First Division Clyde have been left reeling by a damaging public split between manager Graham Roberts and player-assistant Joe Miller.

It appears certain that one or both will leave after an internal probe by the Cumbernauld club.

Roberts was accused of making racist and anti-Semitic remarks during an end-of-season team trip to Canada.

And Miller has vowed not to work again with Roberts and pleaded innocence over allegations of missing money.

Clyde's investigation is being delayed by Roberts being on holiday but say they are likely to come to a decision within two weeks.

"The club is actively engaged in investigating these allegations," said a spokesman. I offered my resignation on my return from Canada but was asked to have a rethink

"As soon as this is concluded, we will call a media conference."

The alliance between former Rangers defender Roberts and ex-Celtic forward Miller began last summer.

And the Canada trip was funded by a dinner held to to celebrate this season's Scottish Cup win over Celtic.

But reports suggest that a row erupted when Miller said there was no cash left for a players' night out.

Miller told Monday morning newspapers: "I deny all allegations which have been made.

"I was entrusted with the money from the players' pool along with two other players.

"One thing is certain - I will not be working with that man again.

"The players have been told the truth and the truth will prevail.

"I offered my resignation on my return from Canada but was asked to have a rethink."

A players spokesman added: "We met Joe and spent several hours going over the accusation and have no doubt he has no case to answer.

"The whole situation is unfortunate and the first we knew of any allegations was when we read the Sunday papers.

"Having spoken together as a squad, every player is of the opinion the allegations are ridiculous."

Meanwhile, a Strathclyde Police spokesman confirmed: "We can confirm an allegation of financial irregularities involving Clyde has been received.

"At this stage, it has yet to be established if any crime has been committed."

Roberts was not available for comment.