FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brentford

Guest Brentfordfan

Guest Brentfordfan

As we are all mates now and I know you are despearate to know how we are getting on, so here goes........

Sadly I go to most games both home and away and had the pleasure of watching us getting spanked 2-0 away at Macclesfield last weekend. We stayed 2nd but the season was over as we were complete crap. However we then have a game on Tuesday against arch rivals of 20 years ago (Aldershot) and under the lights with a poor 5,111 we turn it on and give them a right good pasting and run out 3-0 winners despite missing a penalty. Obviously we stay 2nd with a game in hand and 4 points off the top but there are many breathing down our necks. Off to Shrewsbury tomorrow who have a brlliant home record of 10-1-2 and are the moneybags of the league. I would imagine that we will take 700+ plus to the game and after securing ROI international Alan Bennett on loan for the rest of the season, we will go there in good heart. A very hard so and so who has been vital to us so far.

If I'm boring you I'll go away. :rotflmao:

However we then have a game on Tuesday against arch rivals of 20 years ago (Aldershot) and under the lights with a poor 5,111 we turn it on and give them a right good pasting and run out 3-0 winners despite missing a penalty.

Nothing poor about that attendance.....that's certainly more than our average home gate !!

Guest Brentfordfan

I suppose that away numbers are fairly poor due to extreme distances.

Do you get many that travel and do you get many travelling to you?

Comparisons

There is a pub in each corner of Brentford's Griffin Park, one of which is owned by the club.

There is a grit dump next to Caledonian Stadium,

Brentford Supporters trust orchestrated a takeover in 2006

ICT supporters trust were told off by the owner in 2009

Paul Merson played for Brentford

Richie Hart played for ICT

Rod Stewart was an apprentice at brentford

Iain Stewart went one better at ICT

I could go on....

Seen Brentford last season when Butcher was in charge, i had a season ticket for Bradford City, and they were utter mince. City for Promotion this season, its a must for McCall, anthing less will be deemed a MASSIVE failure

Guest Brentfordfan

Seen Brentford last season when Butcher was in charge, i had a season ticket for Bradford City, and they were utter mince. City for Promotion this season, its a must for McCall, anthing less will be deemed a MASSIVE failure

We won, probably Butcher's last win in fact. Trust me we are much better this season and it's not all down to Butch going. We just simply have a better side. Bradford will struggle, too many players and McCall hasn't a scooby of who to play. We beat them 2-1 this season a few weeks ago, we scored in the 89th, they equalised in the 92nd and we won it in the 94th. Mental celebrations of course.

We won, probably Butcher's last win in fact. Trust me we are much better this season and it's not all down to Butch going. We just simply have a better side. Bradford will struggle, too many players and McCall hasn't a scooby of who to play. We beat them 2-1 this season a few weeks ago, we scored in the 89th, they equalised in the 92nd and we won it in the 94th. Mental celebrations of course.

Yeah you won, but the football on show was awful, from both sides, one of the reasons i didnt get a season ticket this season, although i have been to see City on a couple of occasions this season.

Would love to se City to go up this season, my wife is a lifelong City fan, they have hit a bit of a sticky patch but hopefully will pull through, although am i still amazed at their crowd size!

"I'm the big chap making a pratt of himself down the front but 94th minute winners are there for that reason."

great pic, im sure we have suffered a couple of those over the years.

Pretty sure i saw Brentford play York, 8-9 years ago in York, although could have been someone else

Guest Brentfordfan

"I'm the big chap making a pratt of himself down the front but 94th minute winners are there for that reason."

great pic, im sure we have suffered a couple of those over the years.

Pretty sure i saw Brentford play York, 8-9 years ago in York, although could have been someone else

If it was the FA cup and we won 2-1 with 10 men in the last minute then maybe.

Their season tickets work out at ?6 per game, that's why they get their 13k.

Yeah, season tickets for me and the 2 kids worked out at like ?144 , better to have a stadium that size full with cheap tickets than have it half empty at full price?

i see they have just signed the Pakistani captain as well, although i have heard from a pretty good source that was not McCalls signing, the new Asian Ambassador signed him, get the " locals " onside

Edited by mikeyrob73

Guest Brentfordfan

He's useless, he started at Fulham and the QPR spent 500k on him!!!!!!!!! We were pleased when they signed him but maybe you have hit a nail on the head that we hadn't thought about.

Guest Brentfordfan

We had Eric on loan earlier this season. He played for 9 minutes so no idea if he was any good but I live near Leicester and one of their lot warned me that he wasn't up to much. I believe he is fairly quick though.

Guest Brentfordfan

You cheeky git. :rotflmao: I'm 6 ft 5 and maybe could do with losing half a stone but who doesn't. :thumb04: I'm an ex skinny doorman who was the smiley one but has been in retirement for 10 years.

Anyway our big game saw us 3-0 after 30 minutes with a superb hatrick from an 18 year old loanee, 612 away fans in good voice and a thoroughly decent day out. We let them back in to 3-1 and the vodka wore off but all in all a superb win.

Good luck today guys.