FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Board

May I suggest that EXTREME pressure is applied by this forum, Boardroom Banter and the Supporters Trust to request an explanation of the events of the last month and an "apology" to the Supporters Trust and the fans in regard to the suggestion that they were going to stick with Brewster and that the fans were creating problems and were acting in the detrimental interest of the club.

Everything in the last week shows that they were WRONG ?

Wouldnt it be feckin a big step forward IF they actually apologised ?

May I suggest that EXTREME pressure is applied by this forum, Boardroom Banter and the Supporters Trust to request an explanation of the events of the last month and an "apology" to the Supporters Trust and the fans in regard to the suggestion that they were going to stick with Brewster and that the fans were creating problems and were acting in the detrimental interest of the club.

I thought you thought the board were an apology? :rotflmao:

I thought you thought the board were an apology? :rotflmao:

I always thought that the Board had the true interests of the club and the city at heart - I have had admiration fer many of them - and - to different degrees I still do - the original Board took us on an unbelievable journey - I/you/we are indebted to the Board of yore (totally) - BUT we were a "family club" - with a total sense of togetherness and a rather unique sense of honesty and openess. In the last couple of years it feels like individual agendas, egos, power bases, business interests and (yes) greed and inane stuborness have prevailed. Secrecy has been the by word. We have been deceived - we have been treated like eejits - we have been used as tokenistic prats - we have been recently blamed and ridiculed - and now we are being patronised.

The present says that we were mostly right all along - that is not being chuffed or in a didnt I tell you sense - that is really out of sheer relief that we have outed the muppetry - we have taken on a Manager on the same planet as us.

But it totally sticks in the throat that the muppets are sitting there in silence and potentially smugly thinking that Butcher has saved their bacon.

When they apologise or simply repent - I will consider a truce - and every fan should realise that this is not about Craig Brewster - it is about the muppets who contolled him, got him to fire the bullets and put this club to the wall.

LONG LIVE INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE - LONG REIGN TERRY BUTCHER - LETS GIVE THE TEAM THE FULL BACKING TOWARDS SURVIVAL - BUT FECK THE BOARD - Until they have the feckin guts to say"we were wrong" and "We are sorry".

Edited by IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

IHE, I think you know as well as I do that what the club have not said and/or done says more about the outcome of recent events than anything else.

I don't believe for one second that they are so naive as to think that Butcher has, or will, in any way saved their necks. I have little doubt that, relegated or not, the Board will be faced with even more questions come the end of the season....and come that time they won't have anyone to offer up as a sacrifice.

Right now though, most people are concentrating on doing what they can to try and rescue ICT from relegation and I think that's the most appropriate course for us to be charting. The Board can wait.

If we do stay up I'm quite sure the board will be very quick to point out that the majority of the support wanted Robbo to get the job.

If Butcher then goes on to take ICT towards or even into a top six finish next season, you'd have to say they made a good decision with his appointment...

Robbo was saying on Sportsound tonight that the ICT board deserve great credit for investing in players during this window. Unfortunately, nobody pointed out the imcompetence of allowing the previous manager to bring in the majority of those players the week before he got sacked, or the fact that we started the season with a squad that always going to be too small and too young to stomach a relegation fight.

I'm all for sticking together until this relegation fight is over, but as soon as that happens it's time for changes at the top.

Maybe you should get off yer feckin high horse. It's boring. You want to blame the board for everything Brewster did, yet magically it is not to their credit that they acted, signed 7 players and got a better manager in. It was all down to you, apparently. Well done.

I think you are right in that we need an apology, but NOT for the boards actions re the manager. We deserve an apology for the way we as fans were expected to shoulder blame for pointing out the problems concerning the management of our team. I fully expected the BoD to take the stance they did regarding the manager, they appointed him disregarding our concerns at the time and they stuck by their decision, which if it had worked out would have been admirable but to openly chastise the fans of the club and expect us to support the worst decision made by a BoD at our club deserves an apology. At the end of the day the guys running our club were living in a bubble and unable to see what the problems were (through stubbornness or arrogance) , we pointed those problems out to them and instead of backing down and admitting their mistake they turned round and said "you know what we are in the shyte but we (the BoD) are not to blame, that responsibility lies with you (the fans) so just shut your mouths and let us do what we do best" they were wrong, we were right, that's where the apology is needed, after all no-one should question our loyalty, let alone those entrusted to use our money wisely to run our club.

David Sutherland (Tullochs) owes the Supporters Trust an apology for his media comments.

Graeme Bennett needs to explain why a) Cowie, Black and Fraser decided to sign PCAs, were they offered realistic deals? No problem if they were after more money than the wage structure allowed but its not good to keep it a secret.

Beyond that, anything else is just **** stirring

Got to agree with Johnboy and Long Man. Its is to easy to continue to court controversy and just as easy to cast aspersions as what has and has not gone on behind the scenes when you don't really know what exactly went on.

Re the Brewster situation, undoubtedly a hard call but was it assisted or hindered by fans calling for his head and ultimately trying to force the Boards hand................ I think I know how I would react if somebody tried to back me in to a corner, however well intentioned their actions were.

What some fail to understand is the fact that it was Brewster's lively hood and possibly his future career as a Manager that was at stake and forgetting the personalities involved, the fact it is football and whether or not he has the credentials to manage, this would never be a decision to be taken lightly by any employer.

Did the Board give him to much time, probably, but wouldn't you like to be given every opportunity by your employer to improve a bad situation prior to getting shown the door, I certainly would.

Perhaps if you have never been in the position of having to make that call then it is difficult to grasp the magnitude of the decision making process.

Some are calling for changes at the top, can I ask how you intend achieving this with the current voting

structure/shareholdings at the Club and also who do you hope to replace them with.

Who would want to do it ?????? answers on a post card please.

Can we not all get behind the Club for once rather than going off on another crusade, as Long Man states it is all getting rather boring.

Can we not all get behind the Club for once rather than going off on another crusade, as Long Man states it is all getting rather boring.

Spot on Stevo...

Let's just see how far Butcher can go with ICT and get right behind him and the players - early signs are very encouraging.

I for one can't be ersed with any more crusades at the moment...

Spot on Stevo...

Let's just see how far Butcher can go with ICT and get right behind him and the players - early signs are very encouraging.

I for one can't be ersed with any more crusades at the moment...

Apart from the one that matters? The crusade to shout our team to an eighth place finish.

Got to agree with Johnboy and Long Man. Its is to easy to continue to court controversy and just as easy to cast aspersions as what has and has not gone on behind the scenes when you don't really know what exactly went on.

Re the Brewster situation, undoubtedly a hard call but was it assisted or hindered by fans calling for his head and ultimately trying to force the Boards hand................ I think I know how I would react if somebody tried to back me in to a corner, however well intentioned their actions were.

What some fail to understand is the fact that it was Brewster's lively hood and possibly his future career as a Manager that was at stake and forgetting the personalities involved, the fact it is football and whether or not he has the credentials to manage, this would never be a decision to be taken lightly by any employer.

Did the Board give him to much time, probably, but wouldn't you like to be given every opportunity by your employer to improve a bad situation prior to getting shown the door, I certainly would.

Perhaps if you have never been in the position of having to make that call then it is difficult to grasp the magnitude of the decision making process.

Some are calling for changes at the top, can I ask how you intend achieving this with the current voting

structure/shareholdings at the Club and also who do you hope to replace them with.

Who would want to do it ?????? answers on a post card please.

Quite possibly best comments yet .

No matter what the Board or anyone else does some people just need to moan and find fault . Its time now to put past behind us and enjoy the real possibility of not being relegated.

Personally I am delighted with new management and results so far. Looking forward to rest of season rather than worrying about it .

Seven new players in and a new high profile manager. Great business from the board. I don't expect a certain poster to agree with my comments but it is easier for me as I am not carrying a giant chip on my shoulder. :rotflmao:

Given the circumstances, yes you are correct, but had the change in management been made earlier? Who knows. Butcher was quoted as saying, on Sunday, that he would like to bring in more players but was short of time.

Calls for apologies. Calls to replace the board. Only one man has the power to replace the board. A board of directors are voted into position by the majority of shareholders. David Sutherland has the controlling shareholding so he is, ultimately, the one to hire or fire the board. It wont happen. To oust David Sutherland would need a great deal of money. Money that would go into his pocket, not the clubs. Its unlikely that any investor, in the present climate, would be prepared to fight a buyout. Something thats very difficult with a private limited company anyway.

I dont see the board having anything to apologise for. David Sutherland maybe for his public comments against the fans. The board, as is, under the leadership of George Fraser did not hire Brewster. Alan Savage was in charge then.

I think they were slow in acting. I think they believed things would turn around. I also think they were unaware of, or didnt believe there were, alledged, problems behind the dressing room door. Their heads were still clouded by past successes and great camaraderie among the players and staff.

I think, now that they have made the decision to replace the manager and have provided the funds to bring some quality into the squad, its time to draw a line under the whole sorry saga and do all we can to ensure this season ends on a high.

I think the appearance of boardroom politics maybe just be the fact that we, as a club, are too NICE!

Did not want to sack - held on too long - tried to take the fans heat away from the problem(Brew) - Accepted situation.

There is not an employer that can not be accused of making a mistake.

Remember faultless is lifeless!!

We are very full of life as the rest of the SPL will find out and the board will make further mistakes and just lets hope that this episode is learning for us all.

If we do stay up I'm quite sure the board will be very quick to point out that the majority of the support wanted Robbo to get the job.

If Butcher then goes on to take ICT towards or even into a top six finish next season, you'd have to say they made a good decision with his appointment...

Loads of "ifs" there JB - Hopefully will all bear fruit - Of Course Butcher is a good appointment - I actually think that the Board have finally learned from the whole ridiculous chaos - Read my posts - It is about what went on before that I am harping on about.

Maybe you should get off yer feckin high horse. It's boring. You want to blame the board for everything Brewster did, yet magically it is not to their credit that they acted, signed 7 players and got a better manager in. It was all down to you, apparently. Well done.

You should read the posts as well !! Brewster made a total mess of it on the park and in the dressing room - most posters are blaming Brewster outright - the Board backed him - didnt they ? They acted ?!! - They had no feckin choice - They made atotal erse of it. Signing 7 players was an act of face saving and club saving desperation - perhaps we shouldnt have got rid of so many or bought so badly prior to this window. All I am saying is that the Board have made a feckin total mess of the last 18 months.

But thanks fer the accolade - I feel that my efforts did bring about change and it is nice to be heralded fer once.

Seven new players in and a new high profile manager. Great business from the board. I don't expect a certain poster to agree with my comments but it is easier for me as I am not carrying a giant chip on my shoulder. :thumb04:

Again agreed - Read the feckin post - great business - and did they do great business before that ? Were you happy with the manner in which they conducted themselves ? Was DS correct in publically chastising the support and the Trust ? Have they not made several major mistakes ? Did we not have to almost go into the mire before decisions were made ? You need a chip implanted in yer tunnel visioned brain. :rotflmao: :018: ;)

So look at my two posts again ya trio of numpties - look at what i am saying and what I am asking fer. I hoped that the Board had learned some harsh lessons and they can learn from Butcher as well. They have ostracised themselves from the support and it is THEY that should be doing something constructive to repair it.

And wouldnt it be nice if we had just a modicum of remorse publically proclaimed. Not much chance of that - or is there ?

I think you are right in that we need an apology, but NOT for the boards actions re the manager. We deserve an apology for the way we as fans were expected to shoulder blame for pointing out the problems concerning the management of our team. I fully expected the BoD to take the stance they did regarding the manager, they appointed him disregarding our concerns at the time and they stuck by their decision, which if it had worked out would have been admirable but to openly chastise the fans of the club and expect us to support the worst decision made by a BoD at our club deserves an apology. At the end of the day the guys running our club were living in a bubble and unable to see what the problems were (through stubbornness or arrogance) , we pointed those problems out to them and instead of backing down and admitting their mistake they turned round and said "you know what we are in the shyte but we (the BoD) are not to blame, that responsibility lies with you (the fans) so just shut your mouths and let us do what we do best" they were wrong, we were right, that's where the apology is needed, after all no-one should question our loyalty, let alone those entrusted to use our money wisely to run our club.

Birdog - Read my posts again - I agree with all that you say and that was what I was trying to put across - Brewster has alot to answer fer but so do the Board.

Calls for apologies. Calls to replace the board. Only one man has the power to replace the board. A board of directors are voted into position by the majority of shareholders. David Sutherland has the controlling shareholding so he is, ultimately, the one to hire or fire the board. It wont happen. To oust David Sutherland would need a great deal of money. Money that would go into his pocket, not the clubs. Its unlikely that any investor, in the present climate, would be prepared to fight a buyout. Something thats very difficult with a private limited company anyway.

I dont see the board having anything to apologise for. David Sutherland maybe for his public comments against the fans. The board, as is, under the leadership of George Fraser did not hire Brewster. Alan Savage was in charge then.

I think they were slow in acting. I think they believed things would turn around. I also think they were unaware of, or didnt believe there were, alledged, problems behind the dressing room door. Their heads were still clouded by past successes and great camaraderie among the players and staff.

I think, now that they have made the decision to replace the manager and have provided the funds to bring some quality into the squad, its time to draw a line under the whole sorry saga and do all we can to ensure this season ends on a high.

What total garbage - Where have I asked to replace the Board ? - I have asked for a public apology.

Savage may have hired Brewster but Sutherland backed him and supported him when it was clear that Brew had fecked it all up.

If they were unaware of the problems and clouded in the past - then perhaps they should be sacked - The dressing room problems were out in the open fer months.

The last sentence is OK and that is why I feel that if the Board came out and made a statement that it would only help the cause.

Guest WynessLegend

Can't you just settle down and start to enjoy things?

I think the board deserve great credit for sanctioning high transfer spending

and for acting quickly, quietly and efficiently in appointing a new management team.

Well done.

:rotflmao: