FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Ayr Utd : Matchday Thread

Scotty

I have to say.....to win the league....you realy need to take care of teams like Ayr at home. So.....what were the positives from the game?

Early days yet Smee, team still have to get used to playing together and missing a few of our strikers, like I said dissapointing but sure it will come together.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hold on here. Before writing off Ayr after 2 games, it might turn out to be a bloody good result for us as Ayr could be challenging for the title.

Let's not start getting all egotistical. We aren't the Daddies of this league.

Well hold on here. Before writing off Ayr after 2 games, it might turn out to be a bloody good result for us as Ayr could be challenging for the title.

No, but if your aiming to win the league, you have to believe other teams are inferior

:021: :D :025:

Whilst I tend to agree that we need to win as many of our home games as we can if we want to win the league, use of the term "the likes of" smacks of the same arrogance that we so often complained about from others when we were one of the unfancied teams in the SPL.

Did anyone expect Raith to almost do one on Dundee ? or for there to be 4 draws out of 5 this week ? As Jimmy Greaves used to say .... "Its a funny old game" !!!

alright .... off to the pub now to get ready for Toronto FC -V- DC United which kicks off at BMO Field at 4pm my time .... its swelteringly hot today so the wardrobe is shorts and TFC polo shirt, and on the menu is a pitcher or two of Alexander Keiths.

No, but if your aiming to win the league, you have to believe other teams are inferior

I detest that attitude in fans, and to see it from an ICT fan sickens me. We above everyone else should know how many times we have been written off and classed as the underdog.

We are in no position to be claiming anything, and as we know it is going to be bloody difficult to get back to the SPL. It could be very much that we are battling Ayr for the title, and like I said, we could be actually glad that we got this point.

I detest that attitude in fans, and to see it from an ICT fan sickens me.

I suggest you go back to live in your cocoon then. That is all part and parcel of expectation. And i think your being a bit Dramatic are you not.

:021: :D :025:

Whilst I tend to agree that we need to win as many of our home games as we can if we want to win the league, use of the term "the likes of" smacks of the same arrogance that we so often complained about from others when we were one of the unfancied teams in the SPL.

Did anyone expect Raith to almost do one on Dundee ? or for there to be 4 draws out of 5 this week ? As Jimmy Greaves used to say .... "Its a funny old game" !!!

alright .... off to the pub now to get ready for Toronto FC -V- DC United which kicks off at BMO Field at 4pm my time .... its swelteringly hot today so the wardrobe is shorts and TFC polo shirt, and on the menu is a pitcher or two of Alexander Keiths.

Jealous of you SCOTTY!! off to play footy for Riga United tonite so the pitchers will wait till later, mind you we lost 6-1 last week, but we now have a secret weapon, someone who knows where the goal is!! will keep you informed. byt the way listened to all the game for inspiration? but nothing came , but I thought it was a good result, Ayr sounded sound

Poor performance we rarely troubled the Ayr goalie and they didn't have to do much to stop us. I felt Eagle was poor and had a horrific game time for him to move aside and let someone else play. Defence didn't do much wrong s Ayr rarely threatened but did most things without fuss. I thought the ref and the rest of the officials were shocking and really were totally useless.

A real toothless performance. First half we should've been at least 2 up but squandered great chances. Second half we could've played all day and never scored. Agree with Robbo, I couldn't see where a goal was gonna come from either!

Maybe with so many new players they need time to gel. I hope so or it's gonna be a looooooong season!

Butcher had all his new signings playing today and Cox is the only one who looks like a football player. I know it's early days and all but having seen the new guys a few times now they range from mediocre to down right poor.

Scoring goals is going to be a real problem for us this season

Thought we were going to win easily after we dominated the first 15 minutes but then we just seemed to run out of ideas. And then never looked like scoring.

We seemed to want to walk the ball into the net, and to see so many clear cut shooting opportunities wasted in favour of another pass was frustrating. In saying that, we played some pretty nice stuff at times, and it was a welcome change to see the ball being played on the deck.

The two wingers were both absolutely mince. Especially the wee fat one (Hayes?).

Oh well, bring on next week.

A bit disappointed. There was plenty of passing and some great cross field balls but at the end of the day there was no end product. They were scared to shoot. At least we seem to have abondoned the long ball s**t. Another clean sheet as well is also very encouraging. 4 points from 2 games cant be bad.

We were fortunate to take 3 points last week when a draw would have been a just result, and unfortunate to only take a point today when we should have had 3.....so all in all we probably have as many points as play has merited across the two games.

One point that came up in a discussion I had after the game was that the team seemed to panic a bit in the last 15 minutes....they knew they should be winning the game and they got a bit desperate to get the ball forward too fast and when it got forward it was as if players were scared to shoot in case they missed.

Let's bare in mind also that there's a great deal of pressure and expectation sitting on the shoulders of the team this season. The club have stated that the target is "Straight Back Up" and there's a good few fans with the attitude that we should be walking games. Give the team a bit of time to settle in and find their stride and I believe they'll come good and start winning games like todays where they dominated for large spells.

34 games to go....let's not be panicking and getting on anyone's back just yet.

Butcher had all his new signings playing today and Cox is the only one who looks like a football player. I know it's early days and all but having seen the new guys a few times now they range from mediocre to down right poor.

Scoring goals is going to be a real problem for us this season

I dont agree with that. I thought Johnny Hayes was our best player today. Considering he was on the right hand side when he is a left footer he was always going to struggle but he made some very good runs down the line and looked like he could be a good player. Lee Cox was as good as usual as well.

I wasnt impressed with Eagle and when Nick Ross came on for him Ross looks like a good wee player

I was actually glad to see Rooney come on but I thought he should have replaced Sanchez who seems to be a bit lightweight just now. He will be a good player once he gets stronger

It was a frustrating game as you could quite clearly see that we had a better team but we just didnt do enough when we got into the final third.

Ayr should have had a pen as well so we got lucky with that one

We are still joint top of the league so that is a positive but I think we needed to win today with Dundee up next week

Also I was a bit dissapointed at the crowd booing the team off at full time. I know it was not the best performance but it was no where near as bad as what we have seen in the past

Edited by jaggie1994

I think today showed just how tight the league will be with 4 teams drawing and the so called 'smaller' teams of Raith and Ayr getting draws with the favourite's.

I thought we really missed some pace down the wings today and the sooner Imrie and Tokely get back the better! Even though Hayes and Eagle were poor today, we should definitely give them a chance to impress, they also seemed to tire a great deal towards the end, might be lacking a bit of match fitness.

However, there were a few positives. We played the sort of football we want to see and even if it didn't quite come off today, one day it'll click. Also the defence looked very solid, with Ayr having nothing but speculative long shots.

Hugely disappointing result, Ayr were owned but not defeated, so well done to them. We had numerous attempts blocked inside the six yard box but Foran was the biggest sinner with a feeble attempt at an easy header. Stratford on this and other displays is not fit for purpose, get Roy in there. Sanchez needs to get involved and agree totally with DavieB that Cox is the one positive from the close season, although Bulvitis looks the part as well. Eagle again flattered to deceive and Johnny Hayes unfortunately ran into blind alleys.

Grant Munro for me was once again MoM, with one Bobby Mannesque sixty yard pass.

Stratford should think again, Eagle should skin his man and Hayes looked to run out of steam. Foran might be a problem as we tried to hit him with every ball, maybe we need a plan B.

Two points wasted, or one point gained..........make your mind up.

I don't have the full details or an official statement on what happened with the catering.

Mike Smith came out and asked that I apologise on behalf of the club for the problems, which were beyond the clubs control, and that he found the situation totally unacceptable.